1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I'm currently playing through this and am having a blast. Gameplay and design wise it's spot-on. 343 Industries know exactly what they're doing. Fighting the Prometheans is great fun, they can be just as tricky as the good ol' Elites.

The presentation of the new Forerunner arsenal pack a punch, feeling fantastic to use. Great addition to the series, even if they're largely analogous to the human guns.

I appreciating the more personal story of the Master Chief and Cortana and was with the story... up until the point where the Master Chief became a literal Christ figure. It remains to be seen if they go full deus ex machina with the plot, but we'll see.

My biggest complaint is that it's very much a corridor shooter game largely. There's a large lack of the signature big battles of Halo featuring multiple vehicles, infantry, beautiful vistas, etc. I You don't really see a level like that until over the halfway mark into the campaign. The Bungie Halo's usually had a level like this within the first three levels of the campaign.

I think I'm 2/3rd's of the way through the campaign and so far I'd definitely rate it the 3rd best in the series after Halo 1 and Reach. (ODST is very good but loses points for having the very tedious and unfun hub level that serves no purpose other than to pad out what was supposed to be an expansion pack.)
    Halo 1 > Reach > Halo 4 > ODST >>> Halo 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo 2.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 29th October 2014 at 8:33 am.

3. Post
    Halo 4's campaign was good/great, the MP was enjoyable until the population nosedived.

Can't wait for MCC/Nightfall/H5beta... getting that UNSC feeling back in the bones!

4. Post
    IST wrote:
    Halo 4's campaign was good/great, the MP was enjoyable until the population nosedived.

Can't wait for MCC/Nightfall/H5beta... getting that UNSC feeling back in the bones!
    this seems to be a growing trend i've noticed and the time until it nosedives is becoming shorter and shorter. Which is why i made that thread yonks ago about a converged MP over a franchise