Page 9 of 16 First ... 6789101112 ... Last

1. Post

2. Post
    Yeah on3 servers weren't showing up for me either, can see one server now though. Noticed orcon has a server now as well.

3. Post
    anyone having issues with finding servers? got patched and no servers at all

4. Post
    ON3 patched up.

5. Post
    Had a good FFA jam tonight, learned how to charge attack properly as vanguard with a claymore and how to use the claymore in general. I like its speed, vs most poeple i can land a blow from scratch after ive seen them start to wind up. Get eaten alive by decent light dudes. Dodging arrows is fun, but not as much fun as winding up people who QQ about "pussy archers" this game is chur tumeke bay

Steam ID is sampleshits if anyone wants to play sometime.

6. Post
    Only QQ about archers when I'm on an attacking team and half of my teamates are just standing a the spawn trying to keep their K/D up by not bothering with the objective.

7. Post
    Lord_Montgomery wrote:
    Only QQ about archers when I'm on an attacking team and half of my teamates are just standing a the spawn trying to keep their K/D up by not bothering with the objective.
    haha wank on K/D esp in objective based games, i consistently get in top 3 deaths in any game type of any FPS ill play but still compete above averagely or better most of the time for kills - bezerk mode activated.

8. Post
    just picked this up yesterday, hell of a lot of fun but it seems like men at arms and archer have way, way higher skill caps than knight or vanguard

I love using norse sword without a shield (taking firebomb as the third weapon) as MAA, you are so mobile and can just destroy 2 hand spammers

9. Post
    ^ I absolutley love it when people cry about getting killed by archers

10. Post
    My favourite from last night was a guy that spent a good 10 minute whinging about how much bows suck while trying to play archer, who I then killed about 15 times in a row with the shortbow when he switched to vanguard.

The Archer secondaries are surprisngly good too, you can almost stunlock the heavier weapon users if you keep right up in their faces.

11. Post
    Might pick this up tomorrow, still not sure if I want it though.

12. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    My favourite from last night was a guy that spent a good 10 minute whinging about how much bows suck while trying to play archer, who I then killed about 15 times in a row with the shortbow when he switched to vanguard.

The Archer secondaries are surprisngly good too, you can almost stunlock the heavier weapon users if you keep right up in their faces.
    Ive been on the recieving end of that a few times. Not so bad if the vanguard has something fast like a secondary weapon out, or a relatively fast main like the clarmore, but a well played archer is certainly not a free kill.

13. Post
    So have I haha, the good Archers are scary

It's a good thing most people that play archers are absolute rubbish because if there were more good archers it would be a lot harder to play man mode and charge into 1v3s like I regularly do

14. Post
    Missiles are fairly easy to dodge with a bit of strafing, would be even easier with MAA with dodge (can they dodge while sprinting?). Haha yeah im all about just getting in the thick of it and swinging like a madman. I do an OK job of keeping an eye on everyone now, which is the big thing when going beast-mode so you dont get your legs hacked off or something like this once you are in the middle of everyone.
    Charge attacks are good for getting in there like that as you cover that last little distance a lot quicker so even if you dont try to hit anyone you still hop forward at the last moment. Can be used to change lateral movement a bit too if you are dodging missiles or want to get behind cover a bit quicker. Might be able to do a couple in a row...will be trying to replicate tonight as im sure i did last night.

Kicks are pretty nice vs archers when they get too close, got a few heads taken off using kick+overhead.

15. Post
    Don't think you can dodge while sprinting, but it's easy enough to drop out of sprint mode and dodge pretty much simultaneously anyway

16. Post
    Thats a good point, i suppose you could hit crouch which would drop you out and down and then dodge from there for some mad steppage.

Throwing axe to the back is a satisfying way to end a duel when badguy tries to escape. Should be able to melee with throwing axe though.

17. Post
    Yeah, I do think that's a bit unfair considering how underrated Javelins are as a melee option. The thrust is so damn fast that you can pretty much interrupt anything but a knife user, but if you get caught with the throwing axes out you have to hope they screw up or it's goodnight sweet prince.

18. Post
    Havent tried knives yet, but i assume throwing knives are also unable to be melee'ed its still a stick with a pointy bit just...stab him goddamnit!

19. Post
    -No native server creation support
    -No native LAN support
    -The native 'Create Game' functions heavily limits what game modes you can play on each map.

Well this is balls. Just wanted to practice my aim on some bots on Arena because its a small map so no pissing around looking for people and only need 1-2 bots on (so no cluster f**k gangs) but the only game mode i can set Area to is TDM. I dont want TDM. I want FFA. Is my game buggin out or is this how it is?

Also not impressed with the lack of any LAN or ability to create servers, have found 3rd party ways to do it (Tungle and messing with the UDK.exe command line) but these should really be core features of the game. Would be nice to know why they are not included. I realise noone likes to include LAN int heir game any more but id assumed that an indie dev with their heads on the right way woulnd have had it in there. Sadpanda times.

20. Post
    Check this thread out: http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forum...hp?f=72&t=2687 You can run lan and your own servers, From that thread: HowToRunServerNODEDI.pdf

21. Post
    Nakor wrote:
    have found 3rd party ways to do it (Tungle and messing with the UDK.exe command line) but these should really be core features of the game.

e- a dingle coherant and comprehensive guide would be nice. As it is its a flipping mess of random forum posts and a halfass PDF you need to filter through to sort it out.

22. Post
    New patch is ****ing horrible.

23. Post
    Agree, is anyone else having trouble getting dodge to work consistently??

24. Post
    still loving this

have been trying to unlock the vanguard spear tree, god i hate these stabby weapons haha
    For a guy named EvilStarship, I sure know jack about Stars.

25. Post
    Lord_Montgomery wrote:
    Agree, is anyone else having trouble getting dodge to work consistently??
    Thought it was just me, glad i wasnt just going crazy.