Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    I'd post on GPForums pointing to the general location of my bones.

2. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    It's a movie about a guy stuck between a rock and a hard place, who wasn't doing anyone any 'arm at all.
    If you google this exact phrase, despite it not being copied from anywhere, the first result is 127 hour's IMDB page

Google is getting creepy smart.

3. Post
    Yeah Google Translate used to be laughably inaccurate, it's a lot better these days.

4. Post
    Scatter_D wrote:
    Yeah, was thinking this through the whole movie, kind of ruined it for me.
    Every damned story of epic survival starts off this one.

Step 1: Make sure no-one knows where you're going
    Step 2: **** up

Of course, you only hear about the ones that live. No epic uplifting stories of dying alone in the wilderness for some reason (that idiot in a bus in Alaska being a notable exception, damn your eyes Sean Penn):

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/tram...arance-4842998

This is my personal favourite horror story:

The English tramper Michael Johnson who was missing for a month before his broken body was found in Mt Aspiring National Park, survived a fall and tried to make himself comfortable while he waited in vain for help. Though he had the strength to get into his sleeping bag,it is unlikely he could have set up a mountain radio, but he may have been able to switch on an emergency locator beacon (ELB) if he hadone with him, in which case he could have been found within hours - not weeks - and may have survived the accident.
    He'd fallen and broken a leg (amongst other stuff), they found his body sitting upright in his sleeping bag.
    More details on last page of this PDF: http://www.mountainsafety.org.nz/ass...radiocomms.pdf

He'd fallen descending into this cirque, he would've approached from the right hand-side

**** everything about that, there's no safe descent there. Only remotely feasible way I could see to do that would've been to go high and traverse around to the ridge on the left, and then descend that very carefully. Even then, **** that. Bluffs underneath you = no room for error. And schist and snowgrass is a horribly slippery combination.

5. Post
    geepuser189727 wrote:
    If you google this exact phrase, despite it not being copied from anywhere, the first result is 127 hour's IMDB page

Google is getting creepy smart.
    and your comment is the second result

also, lol at the "Did you mean:"

Attached Images

6. Post
    but instead of your arm being trapped under a rock your penis gets trapped under it

7. Post

8. Post
    I would take lots oh shits till the walls were slippery enough to pop out.

9. Post
    I'd probably just lay there till I died.

10. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Every damned story of epic survival starts off this one.

Step 1: Make sure no-one knows where you're going
    Step 2: **** up

Of course, you only hear about the ones that live. No epic uplifting stories of dying alone in the wilderness for some reason (that idiot in a bus in Alaska being a notable exception, damn your eyes Sean Penn):
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1101637/

11. Post
    do as many wanks as possible

12. Post
    I watched the movie, it was OK. Thought he was stupid for getting himself into that situation.

Much like the movie 'Into the Wild', good movie, but damn that dude was dumb.

13. Post
    blissfuljoy wrote:
    Much like the movie 'Into the Wild', good movie, but damn that dude was dumb.
    Rich kid tries to slum it. Gets owned by a plant in Alaska.

14. Post
    Gordy wrote:
    Rich kid tries to slum it. Gets owned by a plant in Alaska.
    More like - gets owned by NOT HAVING A MAP BECAUSE OTHERWISE HE WOULD'VE KNOWN ABOUT THE WALKWIRE 3KM DOWN THE RIVER FROM HIM. God that made me rage so hard.

15. Post
    In The Beckoning Silence, Joe Simpson--whose amazing battle for survival featured in the multi-award winning "Touching the Void"--travels to the treacherous North Face of the Eiger to tell the story of one of mountaineerings most epic tragedies. As a child, it was this story and that of one of the climbers in particular, that first captured Simpsons imagination and inspired him to take up mountaineering.
    "Wow, after reading about how all that guy's friends died climbing a mountain, Imma start climbing mountains". O_o