1. Post
    Yeah I have been, give them the team play when we win. Have noticed no one really talks in this game ... like I try set up ganks but no one listens ..

2. Post
    Meta-Wrecker wrote:
    This is quite bad misinformation as Singed and Vlad are not good against Darius at all, 1 pull =dead. Champions that can both kite and escape such as Elise, Jayce, Teemo and Kennen are best because they can escape after being pulled.
    I didn't say that Singed counters Darius.

Must be wrong about Vlad though, I've only had four or so games against Darius as Vlad but seemed pretty easy - just used his Sanguine Pool to get away - which is on a cooldown one second longer than Apprehend, outranging Darius' Q slightly and being able to out sustain him with plenty of opportunities to damage Darius without even trading. Reading up on this matchup it seems like I've played against shit Darius' though, haven't really been pulled and all the forum posts are calling that a big problem too.

3. Post
    i rape vlad as darius at top

hope this helps

4. Post
    ive fed a darius as vlad.

5. Post
    Vlad pool doesnt actually escape Darius pull as it doesn't gain any ground on him. It's a horrible match-up that Vlad has no chance of winning without a good jungler.

6. Post
    With regards to buying runes, get these tier 3 runes first. They give the most value and versatility (They are generally the cheapest rune of each type as well). Don't start buying runes until you are level 20. With the set below you can play any champion in any role.

Red (Marks)
    9x Magic Penetration
    9x Armor Penetration

Yellow (Seals)
    9x Flat Armor

Blues (Glyphs)
    9x Flat Magic Resist

Quints
    3x Flat Ability Power Quints
    3x Flat Attack Damage Quints

I didn't recommend getting MS quints prior to the above quints as they cost twice as much.

7. Post
    Information on the new masteries and updated Summoner Spells has been posted by Riot, so take a look!
    http://competitive.na.leagueoflegend...ason/masteries

8. Post
    kiwijunglist wrote:
    With regards to buying runes, get these tier 3 runes first. They give the most value and versatility (They are generally the cheapest rune of each type as well). Don't start buying runes until you are level 20. With the set below you can play any champion in any role.

Red (Marks)
    9x Magic Penetration
    9x Armor Penetration

Yellow (Seals)
    9x Flat Armor

Blues (Glyphs)
    9x Flat Magic Resist

Quints
    3x Flat Ability Power Quints
    3x Flat Attack Damage Quints

I didn't recommend getting MS quints prior to the above quints as the cost twice as much, however I would get 3x MS Quints and some Yellow mana regeneration seals, after getting all the above runes.
    Also kinda depends on what you think you want to play most. If you want to jungle, you want attack speed reds as base runes. If you want to play AD carries, you'll want attack damage reds (armor penetration can be used, but attack damage is much better for early trades and last hitting). If you want to support, you'll want armor reds and gold per 10 quints.

More generally, if you're just starting out in LoL, don't spend your IP recklessly. As was said, don't buy runes until you can get tier 3 runes. And don't buy a whole bunch of champions at once, or randomly - look at their abilities in the client or on league wiki, maybe look up a guide or two on solomid, buy a champ you feel would fit your playstyle and you would like to play, and then play them a few times to get used to their abilities and builds. Its better to have a smaller roster of champions that you know and play well than to have heaps of champions you've never played and are terrible at. I've played this game fairly heavily for 18 months and only have 46 of 107 champions unlocked - and none more recent than Darius.

9. Post
    I would disagree as most AD carries run armor pen reds, except for corki. Not all junglers benefit from AS runes. If you swaped out any of the marks for armor or flat AD you would reduce the number of roles and the pool of champions you could play. I have about 90 champions unlocked.

10. Post
    azarat wrote:
    More generally, if you're just starting out in LoL, don't spend your IP recklessly. As was said, don't buy runes until you can get tier 3 runes. And don't buy a whole bunch of champions at once, or randomly - look at their abilities in the client or on league wiki, maybe look up a guide or two on solomid, buy a champ you feel would fit your playstyle and you would like to play, and then play them a few times to get used to their abilities and builds. Its better to have a smaller roster of champions that you know and play well than to have heaps of champions you've never played and are terrible at. I've played this game fairly heavily for 18 months and only have 46 of 107 champions unlocked - and none more recent than Darius.
    On this, when champs are free, PLAY THEM. Not only to see if you 'click' with their playstyle, but also to know what their abilities are and get an idea of cooldowns, mana costs etc, this is really important for when you play against them.

11. Post
    kiwijunglist wrote:
    I would disagree as most AD carries run armor pen reds, except for corki. Not all junglers benefit from AS runes. If you swaped out any of the marks for armor or flat AD you would reduce the number of roles and the pool of champions you could play. I have about 90 champions unlocked.
    Not really. I play exclusively AD reds on my carries and its much better for early trades and last hitting. Go check solomid carry guides and almost without exception the more recent carry guides are AD reds and AD quints. This is because it makes for an easier and better laning phase, the hardest time of the game for an AD carry, and because even though late game armor pen is better than flat AD, its still not worth losing early game effectiveness over, and flat armor pen pales in comparison to % armor pen in Last Whisper and the offensive tree mastery.

As for attack speed, there's very few junglers who don't use at least attack speed reds, and very often attack speed blues and even quints as well. Off the top of my head, of the most prominent junglers only Lee Sin, Trundle and some of the AP junglers don't, but even then attack speed is sometimes preferable (for example, Maokai and Diana want attack speed because it speeds up proccing his passive in team fights and jungle clear speed respectively). Trundle only doesn't use it because of a bug with his attack animation that messes with his Q and AA timings, and Lee Sin has 40% AS from his passive. Attack speed is almost always useful on a jungler because it often interacts with skills anyway (ie. Shyvana Burnout and ultimate charging or spreading Sejuani's passive), speeds up jungle clearing (Skarner's passive, Malphite's W passive damage, or Cho'gath's Vorpal Spikes), and increases Wriggle's procs not just on jungle mobs but on Dragon and Baron.

12. Post
    ok so if you swap Amr pen marks for AS marks you can no longer play AD carries or top bruisers effectively.
    If you swap Arm pen marks for flat AD marks there will be less physical dmg junglers or top bruisers that you can play.

The runes I posted above are the cheapest that give the most flexability and are reasonably strong in all roles. I would not recommend a newbie (which is the point of this thread btw) buy AD or AS marks prior to having the rune set I posted.

13. Post
    kiwijunglist wrote:
    ok so if you swap Amr pen marks for AS marks you can no longer play AD carries or top bruisers effectively.
    If you swap Arm pen marks for flat AD marks there will be less physical dmg junglers or top bruisers that you can play.

The runes I posted above are the cheapest that give the most flexability and are reasonably strong in all roles. I would not recommend a newbie (which is the point of this thread btw) buy AD or AS marks prior to having the rune set I posted.
    I never said not to buy armor pen marks, or even that you shouldn't buy them first. All I was saying was that if you like to play a specific role that there might be other runes you should be investing in as soon as you have some spare IP. Though I might argue that armor pen is overall less useful than flat AD - many top bruisers, assassins, melee carries, and AD casters find use in flat AD as well. Getting armor pen first is a relic of AD carries using them as well, and in the last year or so that has fallen out of contention. Though with S3 changes to flat/% armor pen, it might change.

14. Post
    azarat wrote:
    Its better to have a smaller roster of champions that you know and play well than to have heaps of champions you've never played and are terrible at. I've played this game fairly heavily for 18 months and only have 46 of 107 champions unlocked - and none more recent than Darius.
    I feel as if it's not exactly very difficult to get a decent grasp of a champion, and having a big roster of champs to counterpick with in ranked is quite a valuable asset.

Still, good advice i suppose if other people find it hard to semi master a champion...

15. Post
    If nothing else, a large roster of champs is more fun for ARAMs. I think you need 9/10 non-free champs as a bare minimum for Ranked play anyway?

16. Post
    I agree with Kiwijunglists choice of a starting 2 rune pages. That will allow you to play most champions with a degree of success.

Attack speed isn't crucial for jungling.

17. Post
    Armour seals... Pen Marks... Flat Glyphs and Quints. If you're tryhard enough to need other runes you deserve to lose "because you chose the wrong rune page." I just have an AP page and an AD page.

18. Post
    I like the Gold Quints on my support page

19. Post
    Shamelessly stealing these links from Reddit for information on masteries: Phreak from Riot was streaming this morning and went quite in depth about the different mastery trees. Lots of good information in these videos.

Part 1 - Offensive tree - http://www.own3d.tv/RiotPhreak/video/916496
    Part 2 - Defensive tree - http://www.own3d.tv/RiotPhreak/video/916516
    Part 3 - Utility tree - http://www.own3d.tv/RiotPhreak/video/916529
    Part 4 - Example of some pages - http://www.own3d.tv/RiotPhreak/video/916543

20. Post
    Looks at this thread created by Android Grim

Maybe we should sticky this thread?

21. Post
    Good idea, done.

22. Post
    Wish I knew this earlier:

You can ward the tribush from the circle where dragon is by edging up to the wall and aiming the ward at the tip of the sign, there's a similar trick for warding the bush in river but don't have a picture of it - works with Shaco's Q too.

23. Post
    ^^Yeah I've used both of those before. Freaks them out if they're in that bush lol.

24. Post
    It makes Shaco a lot more fun to play knowing that if they do vision ward I have an even better chance of avoiding it, wondering if it's possible to get to the bush with Leblanc's blink as well.

25. Post
    victorious wrote:
    If nothing else, a large roster of champs is more fun for ARAMs. I think you need 9/10 non-free champs as a bare minimum for Ranked play anyway?
    You need 16, I'm pretty sure.