Results 14,026 to 14,050 of 15584

1. Post
    brand wrote:
    SirGrim is too poor to Titan...
    I will start up a gofundme page in a bit
    I need donations from you guys to fund my rtx Titan quad sli LN2 build
    1000fps with RTX ON, anything less is a failure

2. Post
    uh well this is random. Apparently Nvidia are looking at releasing a GTX 1160 basically an RTX card without RTX features.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia/nvid...moured-january

3. Post
    Good, as a 2070 struggles with RTX on.

4. Post
    And nvidia will be doing a session at CES

Wonder if they'll troll us all and be 'oh, btw, 3xxx series on 7nm now, you all wasted your money'

5. Post
    They'll have to pull something out of the bag, given their share price tumble.

6. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    They'll have to pull something out of the bag, given their share price tumble.
    Cough market correction cough bitcoin crash cough unsustainable investors pushing prices up cough nothing to do with fundamentals analysis showing bad results

- - - Updated - - -

one_red_god wrote:
    And nvidia will be doing a session at CES

Wonder if they'll troll us all and be 'oh, btw, 3xxx series on 7nm now, you all wasted your money'
    TVs are shown at CES and Nvidia has a 4K 120hz TV to launch

Boom

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

TVs are shown at CES and Nvidia has a 4K 120hz TV to launch

Boom
    Would love to see when that becomes available to buy in NZ considering it took 3 years for the Nvidia Shield to be available locally!

More hyped for the ROG Swift PG35VQ and would drop money on that over a 4k 120hz TV.

8. Post
    Kidona wrote:
    Would love to see when that becomes available to buy in NZ considering it took 3 years for the Nvidia Shield to be available locally
    I'd be surprised if they brought more than a handful in, they are super expensive.

9. Post
    Toms Hardware on the RTX 2060

https://www.tomshw.de/2018/12/18/ers...2060-igorslab/

Pretty massive boost over the 1060 - 78% higher Timespy graphics score

So much so it’s rumoured Nvidia is planning a GTX 1160 as well to fill in the lower end gap so they can charge higher for the RTX 2060 as compared to the GTX1060 was

Kidona wrote:
    Would love to see when that becomes available to buy in NZ considering it took 3 years for the Nvidia Shield to be available locally!

More hyped for the ROG Swift PG35VQ and would drop money on that over a 4k 120hz TV.
    You can’t compare those since they are not in the same league, as someone who does do a slot of gaming on a TV screen, as good as the ASUS may be, 35 inches is bloody tiny and I wouldn’t use anything under 55 inch as my bare minimum

10. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

You can’t compare those since they are not in the same league, as someone who does do a slot of gaming on a TV screen, as good as the ASUS may be, 35 inches is bloody tiny and I wouldn’t use anything under 55 inch as my bare minimum
    Why wouldn't you put them in the same league, both are screens targeted for gamers. One has a bigger screen and the other has a higher refresh rate and both using VA panels from AU Optronics.

Thats like saying PG348Q and PG279Q are not in the same league. They are both gaming monitors that serve different purposes.

21:9 is just as immersive in games then a bigger 16:9 TV. Play Witcher 3 or BF5 on an ultrawide and compared to my Sony 75" the ultrawide is just as immersive with the added real estate and how close i'm sitting to it.

I can understand that you're wanting to upgrade from your 55" Samsung so it makes sense this will be your next logical move. I just want to get a higher refresh then 100hz for my Ultrawide as my TV is perfectly fine for gaming.

11. Post
    I ah, like I meant because they are not in the same size category
    Someone who is considering a 35 inch screen won’t ever consider a 55 inch and like me who considers a 55 or 65 inch won’t ever consider a 35 inch

You consider 35 inch because you need something for your desk, 55 or 65 inch won’t fit on your desk.
    You consider 55 or 65 inch because it’s for your lounge where you sit 2 meters from the screen, 35 is too small given the sitting distance

The size difference is too large to compare them because consumers won’t be deciding between which one to buy anyway, these are not competing for the same customers money

12. Post
    Kidona wrote:
    Thats like saying PG348Q and PG279Q are not in the same league.
    wut, they arent... what kind of crazy person compares different size/res monitors?
    SirGrim wrote:
    I ah, like I meant because they are not in the same size category
    This.

13. Post
    Does anyone know if any of the NZ IT shops are selling the Xmas special AMD 2x00X bundles? (they come with the better cooler standard)

14. Post
    Thinking of getting this while its on sale, do you think its worth it?

http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/comp...p?partid=31833

15. Post
    Yep

16. Post
    Yep

17. Post
    Have the chance to grab a secondhand (or likely, third) 1080Ti Sc for $1000. Worthwhile, or should I push the boundaries and grab a 2080 from CL?

18. Post
    Depends on the model. I bought an ASUS STRIX (best model) for $950 back in October.

19. Post
    EVGA 1080Ti SC Black edition, with watercooling. Have to also check it fits inside my SFF (Have a 1070 at present). Connected up to a Acer X34P.

20. Post
    Depends if you have all the documents needed for 1080Ti warranty. Watercooling might affect that? If not i'd be going 2080 for that piece of mind.

21. Post
    Yeah warranty docs/receipt is available, as is the original cooler. Have read a few (or more than a few) reviews and it seems to be a much of a muchness at the moment between the two and I don't anticipate RTX or DLSS being huge for me just yet.

22. Post
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...php?serial=321

Chinese laptop for sale

Features a desktop 9900k and rtx2080 MXM inside - this is the new Turing laptop GPU

23. Post
    On a 1080p screen, why not

24. Post
    It’s going to make for a nice winter heater

25. Post
    Meh, MSI GTX2080Ti Gaming X Trio bought on December 15 just died, didn't even last 2 full weeks.