GP discusses the latest CPUs & GPUs

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 15,201 to 15,225 of 15584

1. Post
    Wondering if I should stick my 212 Evo on it or just stick with the stock wraith?

2. Post
    I'd just leave the Wraith on. Only ran a few degrees hotter than my Corsair AIO on my OC'd 2700x.

3. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    nar this one has a white LED

If it makes you feel better, it does seem I'm in the minority - could well be just the same kind of random PC issue we all get at some point or another, rather than being a specific issue
    8:16 onwards, could be related.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebr8i7oZ3HI

4. Post
    did you rename the bios? does that even matter?

5. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    I'd just leave the Wraith on. Only ran a few degrees hotter than my Corsair AIO on my OC'd 2700x.
    Not that it changes much.

Pretty sure GN tested this in their overclocking video.
    Swapping out the wraithe for a 360mm aio or massive air cooler drops load temps by up to 15c which is large - but it doesnt change performance much.

So for performance - an aftermarket cooler is not cost efficient

6. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Done both of those things but yeah, tried most of your typical PC-hardware-troubleshooting things

Might have to go buy a 200ge or something
    YOu need to borrow one around Hamilton I have a spare 200ge

7. Post
    Any news on when AMD will roll out the Destiny 2 bios fix?

8. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Any news on when AMD will roll out the Destiny 2 bios fix?
    AMD has done it's part and sent out the fixes, you need to check with your motherboard manufacturer and ask them when they will release a new bios with the fix in it

9. Post
    Man the 3800x really is the forgotten step child. No reviews to be found on it. I know they didn't sample them but you've been able to buy them for a week.

Sadly the 3900x is impossible to buy here in the US. 3700x not easy either.

10. Post
    There is some consumer based stuff around, but yeah no reviews yet even though it's clearly in stock. I'm guessing AMD just hasn't sent any samples out, reviewers don't generally go and buy every piece of hardware as its expensive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...here_are_they/

Mine does 4.25 all core under synthetic load where my 2700x does 3.9.

Cinebench R20 single thread is 512 points. Stock voltage and ryujin 360 aio
    Makes it sounds like it's a more expensive 3700x, why does it even exist

11. Post
    If I don’t care about PCI-E 4.0 and not planning on overclocking a 3700x is there any point in going for X570 over B450?

12. Post
    luch wrote:
    If I don’t care about PCI-E 4.0 and not planning on overclocking a 3700x is there any point in going for X570 over B450?
    No. Maybe better memory support and speeds but since you aren't overclocking not a big deal.

13. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Man the 3800x really is the forgotten step child. No reviews to be found on it. I know they didn't sample them but you've been able to buy them for a week.

Sadly the 3900x is impossible to buy here in the US. 3700x not easy either.
    The 3800x should have been the 3700x and the 3700x should have just been the 3700. Really wish there was a 3700 you could just overclock they did it 1st and 2nd gen Ryzen with the 1700 and 2700.

14. Post
    I want my build up and running but don't have any ddr4 yet or any to borrow till mine arrives

15. Post
    For people are buying x470 boards, has anyone asked if the supplier would do the BIOS flashback on your behalf?

16. Post
    gawddammit i cant find my io shield, not that i need one but I never had one in my other case too... ugh.

17. Post

18. Post
    Any news on a new Threadripper lineup? 48-60 core 3990wx?

19. Post
    Nope. I just watched the GN overclocking 3900x stream this afternoon where someone asked Tech Jesus that.

20. Post
    so will threadripper 3rd gen utilize 2 IO dies or is the one capable of 4 channel+? Or a totally diff IO die all together? Looks like one huge IO according to andandtech. Why didnt AMD learn by intel to do same memory ratios like 1.75 for 2666 and above JDEC?

21. Post
    Memory ratios? In relation to IF?

I'm going to go with new I/O for TR, potentially even on 7nm to keep the size down. 64 Cores.

22. Post
    Navi is currently of no use to miners, beaten by a rx570 several times over in hash rates

https://cryptoage.com/en/1706-amd-ra...ocurrency.html

Gamers rejoice

23. Post
    I thought people were saying mining has moved away from video cards?

24. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Memory ratios? In relation to IF?

I'm going to go with new I/O for TR, potentially even on 7nm to keep the size down. 64 Cores.
    Since IF and memory are separate entities now i thought they whould have been a bit more forgiving with ratios. I remember nehalem to westmere having this difference from 1.50x vs 1.75x. Made a huge difference to memory clocks and bandwidth achieved.

25. Post
    managed to get my bios flashed, msi b450m bazooka plus.

Name:  hUdPxxa.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  20.0 KB

csgo benchmark lol