GP discusses the latest CPUs & GPUs

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 15,351 to 15,375 of 15584

1. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    It didn't work at all, in fact it was a failure of monumental proportions. Nvidia's stock price was over $260 leading up to the 20xx's release in September. By year end it was $133. Half of the company's value wiped out in a matter of months.
    I'm pretty sure that was crypto mining imploding that caused their share price dive. The market got flooded with second hand cards from both brands.

2. Post
    "it's always best to let someone else pay for it, then you get on when it's ready"

Lots of people waiting for it to be ready, maybe next year.

3. Post
    AdoredTV has moved behind a pay wall - RIP

4. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    AdoredTV has moved behind a pay wall - RIP
    Just watched the latest video

Will that be the last on YouTube?

He puts out really good analysis. I found his theory quite interesting as well - he seems to believe that ryzen 3000 is low quality parts that AMD is overpricing to fleece customers on the back of having no competition and AMD is saving the good 7nm chips to sell later on.

But then he goes on to say he will no longer cover AMD products because they lied on a couple slides about Zen 2, which seems like an over-reaction. Then he says he has other reasons to find out what those are, you can subscribe to his patreon.. lol

Last edited by SirGrim; 24th July 2019 at 10:26 pm.

5. Post
    I'm guessing he will still have some on youtube, but the best ones are reserved for patreon. We'll see I suppose.

6. Post
    Just the AMD ones not on youtube. Because AMD made him look stupid, can't really blame him.

tl;dr
    He asked AMD PR to let him know a while ago, if his leaks were off the mark, so he could adjust / remove them. They never got back to him, left him out to dry. I'm sure you can see why that might annoy you, if you give them a chance to avoid the situation that happened. They chose to let it happen, exactly why, who knows. Not the only reason, but likely just the final straw.

Am on Patreon for a few of the good channels anyway. A couple bucks a month is nothing, if you truely do appreciate the work. I run adblocker, because **** ads, Patreon covers that.

As for Ryzen 3000 parts being junk, it 100% makes sense, server / threadripper will get the best ones as they pay the premium. Will be waiting for 4000 here, by which time new GPU's will have landed.

7. Post
    it would make sense for AMD to have the best most efficient chips for Enterprise/Server and HPC.
    Gain to make the most money from it and now's a good time to do that while Intel are on the back leg, and Amd is gaining traction.

Sure it sucks now for us consumers, but more revenue means more funding for R&D which means better tech.
    And AMD have pretty much brought amazing stuff out for the most part, even with their limited R&D, so i'd be really nice to see what they can do now with a bit of flex.

In 3 years they've gone from being almost out of the game to being 10-15% on avg with both companies, pretty impressive.

And yeah AMD marketing is pretty shit, tbh with thier price/performance they wouldn't need to fudge much like honestly feel like they need some of these good tech reviewers on thier marketing team to stop ****ing things up

8. Post
    He took that video down, perhaps rethinking the situation.

Fragluton wrote:
    Just the AMD ones not on youtube. Because AMD made him look stupid, can't really blame him.
    No he called out AMD, but he said the big three would be behind the pay wall.

9. Post
    Fragluton wrote:

tl;dr
    He asked AMD PR to let him know a while ago, if his leaks were off the mark, so he could adjust / remove them. They never got back to him, left him out to dry. I'm sure you can see why that might annoy you, if you give them a chance to avoid the situation that happened. They chose to let it happen, exactly why, who knows. Not the only reason, but likely just the final straw.

Am on Patreon for a few of the good channels anyway. A couple bucks a month is nothing, if you truely do appreciate the work. I run adblocker, because **** ads, Patreon covers that.

As for Ryzen 3000 parts being junk, it 100% makes sense, server / threadripper will get the best ones as they pay the premium. Will be waiting for 4000 here, by which time new GPU's will have landed.
    He seems to be hinting that Ryzen 3000 parts should be clocking a lot higher than they actually do, but can't due to the low quality silicon, and then says they will sell the good stuff later on - I interpret that as he's saying ryzen 4000 will be higher quality 7nm silicon with higher clocking parts.

10. Post
    i can understand why he feels slighted, he always gave AMD the benefit of being the underdog and perhaps foolishly , believed AMD would do what is right by regaining consumer trust and then going to to reap the benefit of finally producing a competitive chips . After all for years and years we been consistently lied to and deliberately misled by both Intel and NVIDIA on the performance etc. They have always done what is best for their shareholders over their customers.

And now AMD has shown to be just another bird of the same feather as Intel and NVIDIA. All deliberately lying about their performance in order to maximize sales . I guess he feels really let down. Imho it was naive to believe AMD was a better company as any other, time and time again, companies are not for consumers, they are for maximizing returns to shareholders. It does show tho, being a fanboi is incredibly stupid as every company will likely sell you down the drain for more money without hesitation. To show any brand etc loyalty is just leave yourself open to both personal and financial loss. In the end of the day, consumers must decide what is best for themselves and do their own research , branding is just another emotional tactic to sell.

hmm i wonder if i can stretch the 3570 until the 4000s come out? Tho i really want to upgrade for Cyberpunk...

11. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that was crypto mining imploding that caused their share price dive. The market got flooded with second hand cards from both brands.
    Sure, but Nvidia followed that up with the uninspiring 20xx series and made things worse for themselves. Their own goal with poor RTX availability and the initial poor results with that made a bad situation worse.

12. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    Tho i really want to upgrade for Cyberpunk...
    Just wait till its nearly out then? Worst case the current CPU range is cheaper...

13. Post
    Wouldn't surprise me - this 3900x I've got won't boost past 4.3ghz but it's advertised as having a 4.6 boost. Most if not all reviewers are reporting similar results. It's still fast, really fast, but I do can't help feeling a little short changed. Wondering how long it's going to be before there's a class action lawsuit since they don't reach the advertised frequencies.

14. Post
    dr.m0x wrote:
    Wouldn't surprise me - this 3900x I've got won't boost past 4.3ghz but it's advertised as having a 4.6 boost. Most if not all reviewers are reporting similar results. It's still fast, really fast, but I do can't help feeling a little short changed. Wondering how long it's going to be before there's a class action lawsuit since they don't reach the advertised frequencies.
    Just curious, how were you monitoring this?

Cause my 3700x hits 4.4 on all cores, but rarely as in it doesnt sit at 4.4 consistently like you might see with an intel chip. So technically the marketing was correct, even though the average boost is more like 4.2-4.3.

15. Post
    He also was super over the AMD / Intel / Nvidia fanboys harassing him on all his videos, that was one of his big reasons for not posting public videos on those topics IMO

16. Post
    Siris Le Osiris wrote:
    He also was super over the AMD / Intel / Nvidia fanboys harassing him on all his videos, that was one of his big reasons for not posting public videos on those topics IMO
    Yes, this.

17. Post
    Siris Le Osiris wrote:
    Why not just disable youtube comments on your videos

18. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    Just curious, how were you monitoring this?

Cause my 3700x hits 4.4 on all cores, but rarely as in it doesnt sit at 4.4 consistently like you might see with an intel chip. So technically the marketing was correct, even though the average boost is more like 4.2-4.3.
    The boost for the 3900x is 4.6 is it not? I have never seen mine get that high. Maybe 4.45 or so for a core or two. However I'm just on the stock cooler so I'm very happy with it.

19. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    The boost for the 3900x is 4.6 is it not? I have never seen mine get that high. Maybe 4.45 or so for a core or two. However I'm just on the stock cooler so I'm very happy with it.
    Yeah, I have a 3700x (4.4 advertised boost). Interesting though, I definitely get to 4.4 on all cores - just irregularly. Perhaps I won the silicon lottery.

20. Post
    or you know, just ignore them.. you already got what you want from them which is the clicks and comments/attention. You dont actually have to read or reply?

21. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    or you know, just ignore them.. you already got what you want from them which is the clicks and comments/attention. You dont actually have to read or reply?
    Yeah, he always gets so wound up by the comments. He's angry af in some of his replies, really seems to bother him... not great at just letting things go I guess.

22. Post

23. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    No he called out AMD, but he said the big three would be behind the pay wall.
    Well previous to that video existing, part one focused soley on AMD and how he was considering keeping AMD content off YT. Time will tell what he does I guess.

24. Post
    what do you reckon?

25. Post
    Does that stuff work with Ryzen? How did you get that price?