1. Post

New build isn't seeing m.2 drive

Put together a new build today, Strix B450-i mother board, I took the NVMe drive from my old PC and installed that on the new board, however it's picking it up, not in bios not when booting with a media drive with windows on it. I cannot for the life of me figure it out, can anyone provide any help?

2. Post
    If its Win 7 you're trying to install it wont have NVME drivers or USB drivers for AM4.
    If its Win 10, dunno, press shift + F10 anywhere in the installer to bring up a CMD prompt, type diskpart then list disks to see if the installer can see it at all.
    Also try one of the other sets of USB ports as some are provided from the CPU and some are provided from the chipset.

3. Post
    Not showing up in cmd

4. Post
    some boards have two m.2 ports. Use the other one.

5. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    some boards have two m.2 ports. Use the other one.
    I've used both

6. Post
    is this the latest Windows 10 installer https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10
    I have never had an issue with Windows 10 seeing a NVME drive, is it still working in your old rig?

7. Post
    Siris Le Osiris wrote:
    is this the latest Windows 10 installer https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10
    I have never had an issue with Windows 10 seeing a NVME drive, is it still working in your old rig?
    My old rig is in pieces so cant check

8. Post
    Do you have sata connected at the same time, I remember some boards share m2 lanes with Sara or pcie slots.

9. Post
    Ballistica wrote:
    Do you have sata connected at the same time, I remember some boards share m2 lanes with Sara or pcie slots.
    No they're all unplugged too

10. Post
    Nothing in BIOS that enables / disables the different slots?

11. Post
    Turns out my drive was not compatible with that board, new drive no problems.

12. Post
    kopkiwi wrote:
    Turns out my drive was not compatible with that board, new drive no problems.
    What kind of drive?