GP discusses the latest CPUs & GPUs

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 15,276 to 15,300 of 15531

1. Post
    yeah wish more reviewers also looked at little thing like that, or just screen cap the runs showing the frame stability.

But fan boys will never accept minimums are more important.

2. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Yeah it's an interesting topic. It does seem that overall, having the extra threads can smooth out gameplay. 9900K in that benchmark test would have been good to see. HUB did a benchmark recently which showed how the new Ryzen chips may not net the top average results, but their miniums are higher. Minimums are more important than average, when the average is already high enough on both chips to be acceptable. Even more so when most people are probably still gaming on 60hz screens. Not enthusiasts obviously.
    I could watch DF for hours and hours, their content is extremely technical and interesting and generally well above what most reviewers give you. Most reviewers just chuck hardware into a case, turn it on - run a benchmark and post the results, while DF researches the actual technology and figures out how it runs, why it runs the way it does and gets inside developer knowledge on different techniques and methods for game and hardware development when they can

Richard did mention the 9900k does not have the stutters in Far Cry 5 that the 9700k has - so hyperthreading is important in that game. I even went and eventually found a frametime video comparing the 9700k and 8700k and the issue was in that person's video as well - even the older 8700k is much smoother in Far Cry 5 than a 9700k and that's despite the 9700k having higher FPS

And yet, someone who jump on Tomshardware, sees this graph and thinks the 9700k is going to clearly be the better cpu compared to the 3700x and 3900x for playing far cry 5.

I imagine they'll do the same video but for the 9900k and 3900x soon.
    Last edited by SirGrim; 19th July 2019 at 9:28 am.

3. Post
    So here's the thing...

The 2600 is currently sitting around US$125 on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...language=en_US

The 2700 is currently US$199 but has been as low as US$150 recently:

I'm just keeping an eye for now but if say the 2600 drops close to US$100 or the 2700 hits around US$130 on Black Friday would that make them be a better buy than the 3600?

4. Post
    Brand, you need some YOLO in your life my friend

5. Post
    mac-one-oh wrote:
    Brand, you need some YOLO in your life my friend
    I think he's an accountant, so that might be pushing it.

6. Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ptbw9yH.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	226771

7. Post
    brand wrote:
    So here's the thing...

The 2600 is currently sitting around US$125 on Amazon:

The 2700 is currently US$199 but has been as low as US$150 recently:

I'm just keeping an eye for now but if say the 2600 drops close to US$100 or the 2700 hits around US$130 on Black Friday would that make them be a better buy than the 3600?
    If the 2700 hits $150 i'll replace my new 2600x with it and overclock it, if the 2700x hit ~$175 i'll have that.

8. Post
    Which makes no sense, unless you're making videos / rendering stuff.

brand wrote:
    Depends what the 3600 costs, I think it's worth paying a premium for as the boost above the others is quite nice.

9. Post
    This guy covers some pretty good topics.

10. Post
    I'd rather the 3600 if it's for gaming (even if it costs $100 or $150 more) - much more stable gaming experience with less frame stutters, in addition to the overall boost in framerates.

^^ Frag, I can't watch the whole thing - but he says Samsung can make 858mm2 dies at 7nm - wouldn't the yields be utterly terrible?

11. Post
    Yeah I looked at the 2700x, but the 3600 bet it in most applications. Not sure why you would go for it when they come out at the same price?

12. Post
    The destiny 2 bios bug fix didn't go so well. Apparently the update has been pulled due to a pcie error.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...s_been_pulled/

13. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    ^^ Frag, I can't watch the whole thing - but he says Samsung can make 858mm2 dies at 7nm - wouldn't the yields be utterly terrible?
    Not sure lol. In theory yes, but I don't keep a track of Samsungs chips.

14. Post
    LOL the reddit comments, people saying they want to put their 2700 back in until all the bugs are fixed

15. Post
    yes yes go my pretties , iron those bugs out before December comes around.. Thank you to all you beta testers out there! you are saving me a lot of grief.

16. Post
    Loving these memes

Name:	Screenshot_20190720_075601_com.instagram.android.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	226778

17. Post

18. Post
    Ask Cronicash he still has 4 Titans in Quad SLI

19. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    Yeah I stand by my original comment that the 3600x and 3800x are rubbish, not sure why you are trying to defend them dickytim. Buy the chip below them for cheaper, get the same performance with close to no effort... like 3 basic changes in the bios.

The X means nothing but a name in the 3000 series. It used to designate XFR, but now all the chips get PBO.

20. Post
    Conspiracy theorists are saying the 3800x is a cash grab, because while the 3700x is out of stock in most countries the 3800x can still be purchased

21. Post
    That's a bit silly. Even if they are selling out of 3700X, it's due to real demand rather than a lack of stock *cough* Intel's recent releases *cough*. So many posts on Reddit with people showing off their 3700X based systems. Probably only out-numbered by 3600 sales.

22. Post

Name:	Screenshot_20190720_212958_com.instagram.android.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	984.4 KB 
ID:	226790

23. Post
    regret buying this 3000 ram lol

24. Post
    3600 CL-what?

25. Post
    popopop wrote:
    regret buying this 3000 ram lol
    You wouldn't notice the difference is my bet.