GP discusses the latest CPUs & GPUs

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 15,826 to 15,831 of 15831

1. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Glaring issue with any of the Steam stats is that it counts internet cafe hardware doesn't it? So if you have 100 people sign in to one PC over a week, then you have 100 of that same system adding to the stats. Multiply that by 30 machines in a cafe, multiply that by the number of cafes in China alone (160,000 or so).

1080P will still be the most popular, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was lower than Steam shows.

1080P is still the go to resolution for those not wanting to spend Nvidia money on a GPU. I couldn't imagine gaming at 60hz which is what most people probably still do. Just the same as some people can't imagine gaming at 1080P. I'm still hitting 100fps+ in the games I play with high/ultra settings, looks sweet and super smooth. If I could get the same frames @ 1440P ultrawide, then i'd get on that wagon too. But it's not worth the inflated expense to me.
    The December steam data has some "interesting" bits in it from what I remember. Like the 1080p and GTX1060 market share going up massively - almost like an entire province in China/India suddenly got internet access for the first time or something. GTX1060 isn't sold anymore right, but it looks like millions of them were suddenly added to the steam database in a single month

2. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I'm actually at 3440x1440
    I thought you weren't bothering with gaming PC's anymore?

3. Post
    Bit of a scathing video from GN on the 5600xt.

Provides some good insight into how boards are made and why AMD releasing a last second new vBIOS screwed over its board partners (in particular how MSI was affected as they provided details to GN)

https://out.reddit.com/t3_eugkqg?url...ame=reddit.com
    Last edited by SirGrim; 27th January 2020 at 5:30 pm.

4. Post
    It's so true, you'd think a company with that many people would have someone that went "hey wait a minute... this is a bad idea"

5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    The December steam data has some "interesting" bits in it from what I remember. Like the 1080p and GTX1060 market share going up massively - almost like an entire province in China/India suddenly got internet access for the first time or something. GTX1060 isn't sold anymore right, but it looks like millions of them were suddenly added to the steam database in a single month
    Probably all the ex-mining cards went on the market for dirt cheap in China.

6. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    Probably all the ex-mining cards went on the market for dirt cheap in China.
    In Thailand the GTX750 is still popular in cafes, I imagine something like this happens when older gpus get cheaper they get a big boost on Steam and the like.