GP discusses the latest CPUs & GPUs

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 15,951 to 15,966 of 15966

  1. Post
    I should has said only for AMD processors. Kind of thought that would be obvious though given Intel never NEVER compete on price, so they don't drop prices at all, they just stop being in stock.

    Price up a 1600AF, and 2600 and a 3600. That was what I was the sort of thing referring to. 1600(&AF) are still available for cheap. A 2600 is also a good saving over 3600. If that isn't previous generations dropping in price I don't know what else to say.
    Last edited by Fragluton; 14th March 2020 at 6:42 pm.

  2. Post
    Current Amazon pricing ($US)
    1600AF - $99,
    2600 - $124,
    3600 - $175

    NZ pricing:
    2600 - $225
    3600 - $300

    At least with AMD they keep producing the older stuff so people can build cheaper rigs with the same core count. Meanwhile Intel don't as it doesn't make sense financially to sell expensive to produce chips for low prices. So they just stop selling older models and force users to buy the current gen. Don't forget a current gen motherboard too, don't be silly, you can't reuse that motherboard.

  3. Post
    ^^ I actually really like the way AMD has handled it's older gen parts - by keeping them in stock at great discount - it really helps to get a greater market share.

  4. Post
    With the world ending and everything Ryzen 4000 mobile details and launch kinda happened be it with delayed stock:
    https://youtu.be/OuwPY2Uastw

    And lots of articles on notebookcheck
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-7-....457668.0.html

  5. Post
    Shipments down everywhere and is hitting record historical low levels https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20200317PD211.html

    Down so much that Nvidia has delayed Ampere GPU's because no one is buying their existing stock - fair enough gotta build a throne out of T.P right now, can't afford a new GPU.

    TSMC who makes many of the chips for PC components we buy; their share price is down 30% in the last couple weeks as revenues are expected to tank.

    The good news is it looks like price cuts might be coming.
    Last edited by SirGrim; 20th March 2020 at 12:27 pm.

  6. Post
    How will there be price cuts? Our dollar has exited down the toilet against the USD. Add to that increases in shipping costs worldwide I imagine. I just hope release dates don't change for new desktop stuff as we need new stuff to play with.

  7. Post
    Ram and Nvme SSD i was following on Amazon went up in price though and seems to be trending that way

  8. Post
    Laptop sales will be massively up for this month I would imagine

  9. Post
    The next game to feature DLSS 2.0 is Control, it was just upgraded to v2.0

    And just like Wolfenstein the hype is real, DLSS 2.0 is better than Native 4k.


    Native 4k on the left, DLSS v2.0 4k on the right. 41fps on the left, 65fps on the right - 58% performance uplift AND looks better than native 4k left image.

    At this rate, you can see why Nvidia hasn't been that keen to announce Ampere. It doesn't need new GPU's, it's prepared to deliver a generational boost in performance by using it's AI.

    I certainly hope AMD is working on it's own "DLSS" because it's certainly going to need it.



    https://www.hardwaretimes.com/contro...y-than-native/

    And the 3rd game to launch with DLSS v2 is Bright Memory which just hit steam too: https://store.steampowered.com/newsh...12882090062446
    Last edited by SirGrim; 26th March 2020 at 7:52 pm.

  10. Post
    I thought DLSS in general was a flop

  11. Post
    I don't understand how AI created graphics can be better than native, unedited graphics. Is it because they smudge everything so people think it looks better for that reason? Guess it comes down to preference as to what is "better". Just sounds like another click-bait title.

    What is the GPU that gets 41-65fps? AMD won't really need DLSS (although both camps do their own fiddling with image quality already), if they can beat Nvidia @ native settings.

  12. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    I thought DLSS in general was a flop
    DLSS 1.0 aka the beta, yes.

    But now we have DLSS 2.0 aka RC, keep up with the times

    Nvidia went and changed the AI's architecture completely, it took quite a few months of work but now the background process is quite different (improved).

    Fragluton wrote:
    What is the GPU that gets 41-65fps?
    2080ti @ 4K Ultra Ray Tracing On


    Fragluton wrote:
    AMD won't really need DLSS (although both camps do their own fiddling with image quality already), if they can beat Nvidia @ native settings.
    If DLSS is worth using (and I haven't found anyone saying anything other than DLSS 2.0 should always be turned on, even your Aussie mate at Hardware Unboxed) then the native performance becomes moot - it's whatever AMD can muster vs DLSS 2.0 - and if AMD needs 2080ti + 50% performance its a big task for them, more points to them if that is their target for native performance.


    edit: Mechwarrior 5 just got DLSS 2.0 today too, they're on a roll, rolling out DLSS 2.0 to new game now.
    And once again a fantastic output, better than native and 50% performance boost.
    https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/..._mercenaries/4

    Native




    DLSS 2.0




    So that's 4 games that got given DLSS 2.0 today and each one is earning "highly reccomended"

    Fragluton wrote:
    I don't understand how AI created graphics can be better than native, unedited graphics. Is it because they smudge everything so people think it looks better for that reason? Guess it comes down to preference as to what is "better"
    They aren't actually trying to be "better", they are actually only trying to match native, or as close as possible. But I understand your point, the reason people say "better" is because the native image has a lot of flaws like most games these days and DLSS 2.0 goes in and cleans up everything.
    Last edited by SirGrim; 26th March 2020 at 10:44 pm.

  13. Post
    Hmm. I don't like post processing on my TV. Smoothing etc. I always turn it off.

  14. Post
    Yeah not a fan of smoothing. Next gen chips should be a good boost. Consoles are being estimated @ 2080 level, and they are cut down chips... so imagine what the potential for desktop is. Native vs DLSS performance is a fair comparison when every game on the market supports it. I'm more interested in what both teams will bring to next gen, over propriety smoothing. DLSS will get a lot of focus from Nvidia if Ampere isn't as good as the claims. DLSS isn't new, so if AMD think they need a version, they'll have one. They have made good improvements with the tech. But like I say, you need a Turing card really and then games that support it, so it's not a benefit to most people.

  15. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    I thought DLSS in general was a flop
    I was sceptical too, but looking at these image comparisons I can tell that things are clearer/sharper with DLSS. So perhaps it's becoming useful... still only a tiny minority of people with the hardware to make use of it though.

  16. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    I thought DLSS in general was a flop
    it was pretty meh, 2.0 is a significant improvement though