Latest CPU & GPU Discussion (Intel/AMD/Nvidia)

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)

1. Post
    eSOL wrote:
    Sigh just give me a single GPU that can run BF3 all ultra @ 2560x1440 ffs.
    @120 fps

2. Post
    Wondering if I should ditch my 6870 for a 8770 next year or will that still be downgrade rarther than upgrade?

3. Post
    Wait for benchmarks? Seeing as a 7770 doesn't even beat a 6870

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/536?vs=540

4. Post
    7770 is still just a 5770 though isn't it, I wonder if this gen is actually going to change up the low end

5. Post
    I'll probably be selling the 7950 I just bought right when they come out

6. Post
    gonna stick with my 4650 for a bit yet, displays GPOD at a nice steady 60fps no issues.

7. Post
    Konev wrote:
    gonna stick with my 4650 for a bit yet, displays GPOD at a nice steady 60fps no issues.
    Crossfire a second card, get a 120Hz screen and reap the benefits.

8. Post
    Probably gonna upgrade to 8870 or 8890 from my 6850 when it comes out.

9. Post
    http://wccftech.com/lenovo-leaks-amd...graphics-card/

Possible Q2 launch for 8000 series.

(ps - lolnovo, ugliest box ever)

10. Post
    Looks awesome, reminds me of Isaac Clarkes helmet.

11. Post
    This looks interesting for me really. Once the HD 8XXX series comes out price drops for the 79XX series happens. Makes me happy because then I'll be able to get a second HD 7950 without making me want to S&*t bricks.

12. Post
    Dairusire wrote:
    This looks interesting for me really. Once the HD 8XXX series comes out price drops for the 79XX series happens. Makes me happy because then I'll be able to get a second HD 7950 without making me want to S&*t bricks.
    Yeah I said I'd never do x-fire/SLI ever again... but I may consider getting a 2nd 7970 instead of upgrade to 8xxx.

13. Post
    I would deffinately upgrade to x-fire'd 7950's, if the price is right of course. I'd probably upgrade now or later on when I had the money if the price was right on a second hand or brand new card.

14. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    Yeah I said I'd never do x-fire/SLI ever again... but I may consider getting a 2nd 7970 instead of upgrade to 8xxx.
    I'm in the exact same boat.

15. Post
    Can't remember who wrote my sig but got a feeling this might be the year.....!
    Err well maybe not minimum fps technically :/
    lumpy custard

16. Post
    cant wait for these to come out my cards starting to play up in me can't launch any game, just freeze and amd display drivers crashes

17. Post
    That doesnt really sound like a GPU failure to me :/ sure it would be the GPU? sounnds like a driver issue.

18. Post
    bottlebug wrote:
    Probably gonna upgrade to 8870 or 8890 from my 6850 when it comes out.
    ditto

Hopefully there will be games I can use it on. Maybe Tomb Raider.

19. Post
    RaiNing wrote:
    ditto

Hopefully there will be games I can use it on. Maybe Tomb Raider.
    But will it blend?!?!

20. Post
    still have two 4850s.... waiting for a decent price drop on a 680 when these new series of cards come out

21. Post
    Dairusire wrote:
    That doesnt really sound like a GPU failure to me :/ sure it would be the GPU? sounnds like a driver issue.
    yea that's what i thought but drivers are all upto date, didn't change since i took in the hr I had the card out for cleaning it, tried reinstall the drivers but that didn't make any difference

22. Post
    **** me dead, 12GB of VRAM.

That'll be a pricey card.

23. Post
    Sitting on a HD 4890 atm, I think I'll pass unless they are spectacular.

24. Post
    RedNZ wrote:
    **** me dead, 12GB of VRAM.

That'll be a pricey card.
    Weve had 6gig cards, but 12Ggigs that power consumption....

25. Post
    lorenzen wrote:
    Weve had 6gig cards, but 12Ggigs that power consumption....
    Sorry correct me if I'm wrong here. but 6GB of VRAM is surely enough let alone 12GB? That just seems stupid and a waste.