GP discusses the latest CPUs & GPUs

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)

1. Post
    future proofing?

2. Post
    Think about running 3x 4k monitors. That is going to eat that 12gb ram like there is no tomorrow.

3. Post
    Lol right, considering they are releasing new stuff every year or so, unless resolutions are about to take a HUGE leap into the mainstream consumer market to 4k plus res's and become insanely cheap. OR game dev's decide to balls to the wall with textures that load the crap up into VRAM not likely.

4. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Think about running 3x 4k monitors. That is going to eat that 12gb ram like there is no tomorrow.
    Yes but that is for a smaller niche market.

5. Post
    It is actually pretty likely within the next few years.

6. Post
    Dairusire wrote:
    Yes but that is for a smaller niche market.
    LCD monitors were for the smaller niche market once.

7. Post
    Within the next few years sure. Not during this coming year though, which is the point I'm making.

8. Post
    Dairusire wrote:
    Within the next few years sure. Not during this coming year though, which is the point I'm making.
    It takes time to perfect and optimise hardware - Why not start doing it now so in a couple of years when the average consumer is going to be demanding it, they will have it sorted?

9. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Dat 28.3 mega pixelz.

10. Post
    This is a good point, and if that is what they are planning on doing and/or doing then it is what will make them stand better off against the competition, this I do agree with in some regards, but if they push in one direction for higher performance down the road to early, it may work against them.

They probably know something we dont though so this may infact be a good idea. Also considering the New Gen of consoles are around the corner, developers might start to expand in the graphics devisions making the need for more powerful GPU's with more VRAM than before.

My point was simply pointing towards the fact in the immediate future though it is not necessarily needed.

11. Post
    Dairusire wrote:
    My point was simply pointing towards the fact in the immediate future though it is not necessarily needed.
    For you.

I could destroy 12GB of VRAM without even trying with my current hardware/software

12. Post
    Privoxy has already ordered 6x 8K monitors.

13. Post
    my gtx460 starting to look old

14. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    Privoxy has already ordered 6x 8K monitors.
    Naturally.

15. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    For you.

I could destroy 12GB of VRAM without even trying with my current hardware/software
    Seriously? What do you run?

16. Post
    parallelizing algorithms.

17. Post
    Ahh right.

18. Post
    For the purpose of?

19. Post
    In the other GPU camp -

First NVIDIA GeForce Titan 780 Performance Numbers Revealed:

The rumor mill is spinning to galeforce (or should we say GeForce) winds. Its newest sack of flour points at what could be the first performance figure of NVIDIA's upcoming GeForce Titan 780 flagship single-GPU graphics card. Circulating among various Chinese tech publications is this 3DMark 11 Xtreme Preset screenshot from the PCinLife community, in which a lucky bloke claimed access to a GeForce Titan 780 engineering sample, and a driver to get it to work. In the scribbled out 3DMark 11 Xtreme Preset score screenshot (below), the source claims the fabled graphics card can singlehandedly score X7107 points. For reference, a GeForce GTX 690 usually scores in the region of X6000 points, and a GTX 680 around X3300. If true, NVIDIA has something truly remarkable up its sleeves, maybe the second coming of 8800 GTX. From older reports, we know that the GeForce Titan is expected to ship sooner than most people think, some time in February.

http://www.techpowerup.com/179605/Fi...-Revealed.html

If true, holy smokes BatMan!
    I spammed the admin forum and all i got was a custom tag telling me I'm a tool

20. Post
    Need more GPU manufacturer competition tbh

21. Post
    ^ deffinately

22. Post
    AMD just posted this on their FB not sure if its gpu related but it could be

Get ready, things are getting Reloaded on 02/04/13

23. Post
    Pretty sure that GPU is nvidia titant the card they where going to originally release as high end but ended going to tesla range at a cost of around 3k USD. GTX 700 series is a refresh with arhitecutre increase. This will be GK110 core

24. Post
    lorenzen wrote:
    AMD just posted this on their FB not sure if its gpu related but it could be
    http://promotions.newegg.com/VGA/13-0210/index.html

Looks like just another free game promotion we won't get.

25. Post
    =C= wrote:
    If true, holy smokes BatMan!
    Seems too good to be true imo, wouldn't get my hopes up till we see some actual numbers, great hype none the less