Latest CPU & GPU Discussion (Intel/AMD/Nvidia)

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 14,051 to 14,075 of 14561

1. Post
    glock18 wrote:
    Meh, MSI GTX2080Ti Gaming X Trio bought on December 15 just died, didn't even last 2 full weeks.
    Ouch that's gotta hurt. Where did you purchase from? Hopefully your RMA goes smoothly

2. Post
    Playtech, they're closed until January 7th?

3. Post
    Geeze that's rough...

4. Post
    glock18 wrote:
    Is the memory overclocked?

Try this: reduce memory clock speed to stock 7000mhz
    Do a clean install of Nvidia driver 416.94 - this is a older driver

Then try again and see itís worming or still broken

Obviously this only works if your pc is still booting up

5. Post
    glock18 wrote:
    Their showroom is closed. I'm sure their office is still open. Contact them via the usual channels. Playtech are usually pretty good with RMA's.

6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...php?serial=321

Chinese laptop for sale

Features a desktop 9900k and rtx2080 MXM inside - this is the new Turing laptop GPU
    Not bad for circa $3k NZD

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Is the memory overclocked?

Try this: reduce memory clock speed to stock 7000mhz
    Do a clean install of Nvidia driver 416.94 - this is a older driver

Then try again and see it’s worming or still broken

Obviously this only works if your pc is still booting up
    Absolute stock, never even tried overclocking.

8. Post
    Does the card just crash in games but the PC still boots to desktop?

Use MSI Afterburner and reduce the memory speed by -500mhz to 6500mhz and try again, is it now stable?

Obviously, even if this makes it stable, you should still RMA it - just trying to find if the culprit is the Micron memory modules - which 90% chance it is anyway

9. Post
    Card can't boot into desktop, as soon as its plugged in, it will crash entire windows. Tried plugging in the card without doing but with display cables connected to IGP or another PC on 1080Ti also same deal.
    Last edited by glock18; 29th December 2018 at 9:58 pm.

10. Post
    Ah right, that’s totally dead then, I think most people just have unstable cards that artifact and crash games rather than being totally dead and not booting

Have to just wait for RMA stock, happens to be worse time as well, it’s still difficult to find 2080to stock

11. Post
    It did artifact first, caused 2 or 3 hard crashes in game before unable to boot at all. All happened within an hour.

12. Post
    Well Im having to RMA mine as well

I think Privoxy has started praying to the Nvidia gods, bet he maybe regrets not buying local a little bit now lol
    Last edited by SirGrim; 30th December 2018 at 1:11 am.

13. Post
    Nvidia really fcked up this release.

Here's hoping AMD do something at CES in a couple of weeks.

14. Post
    What did you expect for just $2.5k?

Rather than settling for the budget card you should have spent the extra and gotten the Titan.

15. Post
    Yup. Pay peanuts, get rmas

16. Post
    PRTX 2060 review guide info

Launch price is $349usd

Performance is between a 1070ti and 1080

https://videocardz.com/79505/nvidia-...ormance-leaked

Looks like a pretty sweet card for 1080p and 1440p - I can guess the prices here will be about $600 to $700 give or take
    Last edited by SirGrim; 31st December 2018 at 10:03 am.

17. Post
    May as well just keep making 1070ti. Different story if the 2060 was $500 or less though. I imagine AMDs offering at that performance level will be better value next year. 2060 is obviously being released early due to CES announcements.

Would be silly to buy one before all the options for 2019 are on the table.

Can't wait for CES!

18. Post
    these new card prices are insane. Fingers firmly crossed that the new GPU leaks from AMD are real, much like Intel did Nvidia needs some competition.

19. Post
    SheepShagger556 wrote:
    these new card prices are insane. Fingers firmly crossed that the new GPU leaks from AMD are real, much like Intel did Nvidia needs some competition.
    Are people just looking for anything to shit on Nvidia..

The rtx 2060 is slightly faster than a 1070ti and only slightly behind the gtx 1080

The rtx 2060 rrp is $349usd
    The gtx 1070ti rrp was $449usd
    The gtx 1080 rrp was $549usd

So it’s faster, and it’s way cheaper than equivalent 1000 series cards
    You’re right, very bad prices, much wow, Nvidia should charge more right

The rtx 2060 is already priced with 2019 AMD cards in mind given that the rtx 2060 is performing at the same level that is expected from Vega 56 version 2
    Last edited by SirGrim; 31st December 2018 at 10:09 am.

20. Post
    nvidiabot so sensitive

gtx 760 - 250 usd
    gtx 960 - 199 usd
    gtx 1060 - 199 usd (3gb)
    gtx 1060 - 249 usd (6gb)
    rtx 2060 - 349 usd

you pretend like this is the only gen that has offered a performance bump over previous
    Last edited by yeahboiwahoo; 31st December 2018 at 10:44 am.

21. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    The rtx 2060 is already priced with 2019 AMD cards in mind given that the rtx 2060 is performing at the same level that is expected from Vega 56 version 2
    It's priced at about what I paid for my Vega 56 over a year ago, for likely slightly better performance. Not exactly ground breaking, still seems too expensive to me. I wouldn't expect it cheaper than AMD's equivalent anyway, that wouldn't make sense for Nvidia since they don't have to price them lower to sell.

Supposed to get more performance for your money as time goes on. Instead they are giving 1070ti performance and bumping the price up to near on 1070 launch pricing. Much value, such wow. I'm just glad we have competition in the mid range, otherwise a 1060 would likely be $500US+ lol.
    Last edited by Fragluton; 31st December 2018 at 11:25 am.

22. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    Yup. Pay peanuts, get rmas

Everyone's mad at something that Nvidia did intentionally. Free beta testing. Nvidia smart, early adopter, well...

23. Post
    Sirgrim at the rescue to defend his favourite company.

I like how you cherry picked the cards and their release prices. A better consideration is that the 1070 released 2 and a half years ago for the same price. Yet the perf of this new card might be 20% faster?

Not a very impressive pef gain imo.

That being said, some people have spent nearly three thousand dollars for a crappy new "beta" release GPU - 2080ti - so I'm not surprised some are calling this a decent release

24. Post
    Hi all my 2080ti seem to have problem with opengl and vulcan compared to directx.

In direct x games it would boost to it's normal clock speed but in opengl and vulcan it just stays at the base clock speed causing lower performance. Im using the lastest nvidia driver 417.35 and windows build,tried an older nvidia 416.91 driver still the same. Tried setting to high performance power mode for gpu still the same.

Anyone have any ideas?

Specs
    Windows 10
    32 gig of ram 3466mhz
    EVGA 2080ti FTW

25. Post
    What are temps and GPU load like compared between DX and opengl etc?

Might be better off starting a new thread though, this thread is more for news / discussion.