Latest CPU & GPU Discussion (Intel/AMD/Nvidia)

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 14,226 to 14,250 of 14554

1. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    unless you are getting paid to post this tripe I feel like we need to RMA you
    hahaha

2. Post
    Guess I'll be holding onto my 1080ti until the end of time the way things are going. The 2000 series is a bust at current prices and Navi is late 2019 from what I can gather, and may not even be that great anyway.

3. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Radeon 7 is looking better by the day, amazing product, such value AMD

In order of what has come out:

$699 and AMD says it kinda matches RTX2080
    $699 and actually only has half the advertised ROP cores
    $699 and actually falls short of the RTX2080, GTX1080ti - AMD's numbers used a bandwidth limited system to push the HBM2 bandwidth advantage, this is the only way Radeon 7 can beat a Vega 64, without it's extra bandwidth it's almost nothing
    $699 and actually doesn't have double precision FP64
    $699 and doesn't support ray tracing, adaptive shading or DLSS
    $699 and doesn't have tensor AI cores
    $699 and pulls the most electricity of any card for sale right now - and probably one of the hottest too
    $699 and there will be no AIB custom models
    $699, 2019 and there will be no HDMI 2.1

I wonder what we'll learn tomorrow
    Pretty sure they stated partners were developing models,
    Also benches have shown it beats 2080 in some cases
    As for ray tracing, who cares? The NVIDIA support isnít there yet either. People who can drop the coin to buy a card will be pissed they canít do it on there Uber 4K panels. Linus was playing division 2 and said the card was barely spinning up/inaudible so they must have done something right.

I guess itís hard to voice anything pro amd though when you Gargle NVIDIA jizz as much as you do though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Post

Interesting look at the current state of lower end GPUs. I checked prices here in NZ and there are 5 570s cheaper (up to $50) than the cheapest 1050ti and some of those 570s are factory overclocked cards like Asus Strix range. How is it that the 1050ti is so expensive?

5. Post
    Nvidia don't need to compete on price as most buyers don't have a clue and just buy Nvidia, because herp derp.

Kind of reminds me of everything SirGrim copy/pastes in here, just herp derp.

6. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Nvidia don't need to compete on price as most buyers don't have a clue and just buy Nvidia, because herp derp.

Its crazy how much faster the 570 is. 1050ti struggles with some modern titles getting over 1080p 30fps at max settings, some titles at 1440p the 570 is beating the 1050ti at 1080p - surely if you worked at a tech retailer how could you sell a 1050ti to a customer without making sure they checked out the 570 first.

7. Post
    Fragluton wrote:

I think its more to do with Driver Support. A lot of people were burned by bad drivers with ATI cards and that bias has stuck. I know that i will not purchase an AMD card because of it.

8. Post
    and yet nvidia had a shocking year with drivers and no one cares

9. Post
    gikar wrote:
    I think its more to do with Driver Support. A lot of people were burned by bad drivers with ATI cards and that bias has stuck. I know that i will not purchase an AMD card because of it.
    I have a GTX 970 at home and a Ryzen R5 2400G at work and I am quite impressed with the software from AMD (tbf I haven't tested the apu with games).

When the 570 is up to $50 cheaper and performs on average across a suite of games tested by hardware unboxed to be 43% better than a 1050ti - I just don't see how better driver support would be worth about $110 (about the difference in what the 1050ti should be priced (~$280 to ~$170) if adjusted for performance relative to the 570).

10. Post
    Yeah it's not drivers, both companies can be as bad as each other in that respect.

11. Post
    Siris Le Osiris wrote:
    and yet nvidia had a shocking year with drivers and no one cares
    True but it didn't affect me so i am happy to admit i am operating with a bias and blinders on.

12. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Yeah it's not drivers, both companies can be as bad as each other in that respect.
    Agree with you on that one big time.
    Come end of the year when i look at replacing my system i may just look at AMD, but i am more then likely going to end up with Intel and nVidia because of my stupid risk averse nature.

13. Post
    Having used both recently in my gaming PC and currently using Nvidia's. I much prefer AMD's, their UI is also modern and nicer to use.

I work with both brands all the time as a tech, I can assure you they are completely interchangeable, there is no risk at all. It is just brand bias

14. Post
    Nvidia interface looks like software from the early 2000's. That being said, it does what it needs to.

15. Post
    It does, but I don't like the fact they are cheap ****s. With their market position they can afford to throw a few dollars at it.

16. Post
    gikar wrote:
    but i am more then likely going to end up with Intel and nVidia because of my stupid risk averse nature.
    That's not being risk averse, it's being ignorant. There is zero more risk going AMD over Intel, or AMD over Nvidia. But that's fine, people buy for personal preferences all the time over fact based decisions. The last 4GB Nvidia GPU I owned had 3.5GB of fast memory, 0.5GB of strangled memory, for example. Obviously I didn't find that out till afterwards, but not much I could do then. But if you're choices are based on sticking with trustworthy companies, i'd just avoid all of them.

17. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    That's not being risk averse, it's being ignorant. There is zero more risk going AMD over Intel, or AMD over Nvidia. But that's fine, people buy for personal preferences all the time over fact based decisions. The last 4GB Nvidia GPU I owned had 3.5GB of fast memory, 0.5GB of strangled memory, for example. Obviously I didn't find that out till afterwards, but not much I could do then. But if you're choices are based on sticking with trustworthy companies, i'd just avoid all of them.
    I wouldn't say ignorant, I would be ignorant I guess if I had never used an ATI/AMD card but I have had cards from Nvidia, ATI, AMD and also INTEL based graphics. Going back further then I care to remember I also had 3dfx Voodoo cards. The only ones I have never had a single issue are the nVidia cards. Both hardware and drivers.
    So Personal preference is nVidia based on the fact that I have not been burned by them but as I said I will investigate cards at upgrade time and if the data is good I just may switch.

18. Post
    417.71 drivers are live, will enable adaptive sync on 10xx and 20xx cards

19. Post
    All 12 screens

20. Post
    Bullion wrote:
    Its crazy how much faster the 570 is. 1050ti struggles with some modern titles getting over 1080p 30fps at max settings, some titles at 1440p the 570 is beating the 1050ti at 1080p - surely if you worked at a tech retailer how could you sell a 1050ti to a customer without making sure they checked out the 570 first.
    I've notice that my Rx 470 nitro+ (that died) vs my friends borrowed gtx 1060 is much faster and able to pump more frames @ 2560x1080p

and its weird and i'm using the latest nivida drivers but i'm getting less frames on a supposedly more powerful card

21. Post
    RTX 2060 starting at $650 here... thoughts?

22. Post
    Not enough of a jump over my 1070 to justify

I regret not going through with the strix 1080ti for ~1250 when it was in my cart a while back.

23. Post
    $650's not bad

24. Post
    The strix 2060s are 950...

25. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    The strix 2060s are 950...
    The "Asus Tax" is getting pretty ridiculous