Latest CPU & GPU Discussion (Intel/AMD/Nvidia)

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 14,451 to 14,458 of 14458

1. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    DLSS numbers on the watch look bad compared to DLSS off. The rest of the image is pretty bland so hard to notice any difference. When DLSS can beat the FPS compared to 80% scaling, it will be on the right track. But still not something people should be having to pay a premium for. It's just a different way to get the same result you can already get with all GPU's, via scaling.
    Seems to be scene dependent too going by the screenshots and also remember the big one above with the watch is zoomed in, people don't actually play games using a giant magnifying glass

Here is 1440p DLSS on and off without zooming in, frame rate in the corner using RTX2080

ON

OFF

2. Post
    How big is the watch if you're playing on your 55" TV? I daresay it is bigger than it appears on my monitor. I don't have anything against the tech. I just think they need to get more out of it. Given the big campaign they had behind it being a massive improvement. When in reality, scaling gives the same performance and at least as good image quality. I think they should just ditch it and put all their time into developing ray tracing. That has much bigger potential.

3. Post
    Probably bigger but I sit 1.5m from the screen where as you probably sit 30cm from the desktop screen

4. Post
    Really wish AMD had a valid gtx 1080 competitor. ugh.

5. Post
    1080? Vega 64 is that. Radeon 7 is close to 2080/1080Ti. That's as good as you'll get for now.

6. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    1080? Vega 64 is that. Radeon 7 is close to 2080/1080Ti. That's as good as you'll get for now.
    yea and your lucky if you can find Vega 64 in stock anywhere.

7. Post
    Yeah not many around. Computer Lounge often have their ASUS model for $799 on special. Would be my pick.

8. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    How big is the watch if you're playing on your 55" TV? I daresay it is bigger than it appears on my monitor. I don't have anything against the tech. I just think they need to get more out of it. Given the big campaign they had behind it being a massive improvement. When in reality, scaling gives the same performance and at least as good image quality. I think they should just ditch it and put all their time into developing ray tracing. That has much bigger potential.
    IMO it's a massive improvement from launch