Latest CPU & GPU Discussion (Intel/AMD/Nvidia)

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 15,151 to 15,175 of 15301

1. Post
    isn't the x570 chipset just using the Ryzen 3000 i/o die?

wonder how diff it is compared to asmedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ote-:date4s-25
    The 300 and 400 series Chipsets are designed in collaboration with ASMedia.[22]
    The X570 is designed by AMD with IP licensed from ASMedia and other companies.[23]
    Network interface controller, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth are provided by external chips connected to the chipset through PCIe or USB. All 300/400 series chipsets are made using 55 nm lithography.[24]

2. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Because they are a gimmick? Typical case fan is about as good as you can get for the size.
    Funny thing is in a heap of modern diyers have started using PC fans for all sorts of applications because the specs are so good.

3. Post
    Hows your german? 5700xt OC'd to 2.2ghz under water.

Link

Name:  Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-FPS-1920x1080-DX12-Ultra-4.png
Views: 184
Size:  99.1 KB

4. Post
    Oh nice, so they figured out how to bypass the BIOS power limits?

Previously they only got 2100mhz and the card could only draw 20w more than stock, but now its 2200mhz and drawing 50 to 60w more than stock.

Great performance, nearly matching the stock 2080 - only issue is they didn't overclock all the other cards, which is a shame and most reviewers make this mistake by putting overclocked cards against stock ones. Gamers Nexus is the only one that will overclock all the other cards to see who is the better.
    Last edited by SirGrim; 12th July 2019 at 9:49 am.

5. Post
    5700XT and 2080 are different markets. Excluding the fact (expensive) water is needed lol, the example is purely showing you can match the more expensive card with an overclock. It's just to show that for those that want to spend X amount, you can get stock performance of a Y priced product.

So from the point of view of someone with the money for a 5700XT. What a 2080 can do when overclocked means nothing, as they can't afford that card. Water cooling costs throw value out the window though lol. A good showcase example I guess, for those already running water, wanting a cheaper GPU to mess with.

People seem to be talking about Navi catching Turing efficiency wise and IPC wise. It will be interesting to see what they bring next, when the higher end SKU's are released.

6. Post
    They may have set it to that, but on page 2 the actual gaming power draw only showed 250w. I guess more testing is needed.

7. Post
    Yeah overall power usage is certainly better than last gen AMD cards, which is a good direction to be heading. The power chart you mention makes me wonder if AIB cards will be able to tame that power level, and thus give decent uplift over reference cards. One can hope.

Radeon Image Sharpening VS DLSS, pretty impressive.

8. Post
    Can it be toned down?

In the close up zoomed images RIS looks good but when they zoom out to what a player actually sees while playing a game - it looks very grainy. Take a look at the zoomed out BFV image with the tank, it's so over sharpened, that it starts to look like someone put an aggresive film grain over the image.

I can achieve the same thing using my TV's sharpening filter, which I set to nearly off because I don't like the way it looks

9. Post
    They had film grain enabled in BFV if that's what you mean?

I think the sharpened tank looked way better than the blurred tank of DLSS.

10. Post
    Fragluton wrote:

I agree but man this stuff is splitting hairs.

11. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Holy balls, X570 and PCIE4 boards look crazy against PCIE3 and X470.

10w power draw is not much at idle anyway, but the relative change from last gen is big

Well it's been established long ago that pcie4 needs more juice to run at its spec speeds. Hence the need for the fan.

12. Post
    Fragluton wrote:

DLSS is dead.

I don’t have a Navi card obviously to test - but I’d love to compare a 70% of 4K image with RIS on vs RIS off and using my TVs sharpening filter to see how the two compare. Ive never considered using a sharpening filter to improve the image of a non native 4K output before, maybe I’m doing it wrong
    Last edited by SirGrim; 12th July 2019 at 12:53 pm.

13. Post
    Wait, werent you sucking on DLSS's dick not too long ago? What about Ray-tracing. Are you still harping on about that?

14. Post
    Uhm, I played Metro with it on - it was pretty decent after the patches fixed it but since then no games have launched with it.
    There is a ton of games launching with Ray Tracing in the next few months yet nearly none with DLSS - that's why I said it's dead.
    Nvidia doesn't even talk about DLSS anymore and devs ignore it.

Ray Tracing is obviously the shizzle

It's now confirmed that at least Saphire will launch a AIO water cooled 5700xt and other triple fan cooled models too - arriving in August/September

15. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    I agree but man this stuff is splitting hairs.
    It's not the hair splitting that i'm aiming at, more so that more new tech (that doesn't tank performance or quality) can only be a good thing. For us a consumers. DLSS needs a lot of work, if AMD brings something to the party, Nvidia will be forced to work harder. Just a thought anyway. I don't use any of the settings, just click high or ultra then load the game. So it's all pointless to me. But if we see ray tracing that doesn't tank performance, then I will be all about enabling that.

16. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    Wait, werent you sucking on DLSS's dick not too long ago? What about Ray-tracing. Are you still harping on about that?
    from the bfv thread

SirGrim wrote:
    New patch next week

- rayvtracing will be further optimized
    - RTX DLSS support added

This is going to be the day of reckoning for DLSS

We’ve seen the final fantasy show 40-50% performance boost and the 3d mark shows up to 95% boost

But this is the one we wanted to see
    lols

17. Post
    People play BFV?

18. Post
    mac-one-oh wrote:
    People play BFV?
    Yes. People also like eating plain oatmeal every single day.

19. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Yes. People also like eating plain oatmeal every single day.
    I eat oatmeal and play BF5 daily.

20. Post
    mac-one-oh wrote:
    People play BFV?
    Sometimes, when I feel like being shown up by better players in Firestorm mode.

21. Post
    I thought it was called BFV because they only sold 5 copies

22. Post
    Probably deserved too with some of the things they pulled.

How are people finding the "lite" BIOS versions, for those that need to run them to roll Ryzen 3000 on 300/400 series boards?

23. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Probably deserved too with some of the things they pulled.

How are people finding the "lite" BIOS versions, for those that need to run them to roll Ryzen 3000 on 300/400 series boards?

Version
    7C02v18
    Release Date
    2019-06-24
    File Size
    10.11 MB

Description
    - Support Ryzen 3000 series CPU.

Ryzen 9 3900X/Ryzen 7 3800X/Ryzen 7 3700X/Ryzen 5 3600X/Ryzen 5 3600/Ryzen 5 3400G/Ryzen 3 3200G
    https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK

Found the file I'll be needing.

24. Post
    Are you running it then? I have MSI B350, just wondered how people are finding it. I don't use the BIOS enough to care about looks. Have just seen people mention that their memory speed drops when running the new chips. Not sure if BIOS having less memory support or what.

25. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Good enough, I was able to enable XMP, enable PBO and disable the power limits - don't really need much more from it.
    Only temporary until they upgrade it to Click 5 (or 6) anyway.
    Fragluton wrote:
    Not sure if BIOS having less memory support or what.
    Mine works fine, but I was able to only get 3433 out of my 3200mhz B-die which seemed a bit low.