Latest CPU & GPU Discussion (Intel/AMD/Nvidia)

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 14,201 to 14,225 of 14537

1. Post
    I'd say the 2700x, then again I have one, so I would say that.

2. Post
    Yeah i'd go the 2700X, with a decent motherboard. You at least get some CPU upgrade options, whereas with Intel you get zero. Not that Zen 2 is out, but I really can't see them not being well supported on previous gen boards. Just do your homework on one with a good VRM setup. Lots of videos on youtube comparing things like that. Hardware Unboxed for a few.

3. Post

4. Post
    Check reviews perhaps, just to be sure. I haven't looked into them as already on Ryzen.

5. Post
    I have that mobo too. I did a fair bit of research as always. I've had no issues in the 7 months since I built the system, so I can recommend it.

And this is the RAM I used CORSAIR CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 VENGEANCE LPX 16GB

6. Post
    Wow I thought memory prices had come down? I'd shop around as that seems spendy.

7. Post
    Looked at some reviews, seems like a solid MB. That ram is also what i was after, but at that price does seem a little high, 250 would've been better.

8. Post
    Nah, RAM it is still expensive - you won't find that kit any cheaper here. It will drop dramatically in price later in the year though according to forecasts.

I can't remember what I paid for it, as I got it as part of a package deal, so it doesn't show the individual component prices on the invoice. You could save money by getting it from the US, if aren't in a hurry.

9. Post
    Yeah i'd probably just get it from here, since i'm getting the other stuff from CLounge.

10. Post
    If you want it all from Computer Lounge, then fair enough. But there are certainly better value (3200) kits available from the likes of PBTech. If sticking with CL, i'd consider the 2933 Corsair Pro RGB kit for $269 one of their current specials, i'm not convinced a few frames difference is worth $100 (3200 vs 2933). 2c

CL does have cheaper 3200 kits too like Team Group RGB etc
    Last edited by Fragluton; 13th January 2019 at 11:38 am.

11. Post
    You could also hit CL up for a combo deal discount, though it won't save you as much as using a different kit.

12. Post
    FYI Hell, you can get that set of ram for $250 bucks (including GST and 4 day delivery) from neweggNZ.
    I've bought like 3 sets of ram off new egg, generally saved over 35% local prices (before gst was being charged).
    I ended up selling 2 sets and made more than i bought them for on trade me (even after fees)

13. Post
    I know that, which is why I suggested that above. I bought mine 7 months ago when I had to replace my system that got fried, so I needed it asap

14. Post
    Completely missed that part haha

15. Post
    Radeon 7 AMD bench numbers plus DF put them against other cards running what they think is the same settings

https://www.google.co.nz/amp/s/www.e...ts-in-25-games

16. Post
    2060 value

honestly sick of the shafting we're getting now

or is it that nvidia and everyone values the rtx component worth $100 more despite the performance drop,

Also yay for freesync monitor price rises!
    Last edited by huntakillaz; 13th January 2019 at 6:26 pm.

17. Post
    Its a dark, dark time for GPU's right now.

18. Post
    SheepShagger556 wrote:
    Its a dark, dark time for GPU's right now.
    its funny though, when Amd was up in their game with gpu's we had amazing tech and changes, now their lacking and with refocus on cpu we see amazing tech and huge changes on that side.

You can totally see what would happen if Amd fell out of both the games all together now. That will be the day we all cry with regret

19. Post
    huntakillaz wrote:
    its funny though, when Amd was up in their game with gpu's we had amazing tech and changes, now their lacking and with refocus on cpu we see amazing tech and huge changes on that side.

You can totally see what would happen if Amd fell out of both the games all together now. That will be the day we all cry with regret
    Has there been a period where AMD was solid in gpus and cpus?
    It feels like currently it’s a choice for them, to focus on one or the other but not able to fully focus on both possibly due to lack of resources

20. Post
    ATI made a few good GPUs in the mid 2000s, they were on top with stuff like the radeon 9700/9800 pro, x1950 etc

21. Post
    SheepShagger556 wrote:
    FYI Hell, you can get that set of ram for $250 bucks (including GST and 4 day delivery) from neweggNZ.
    I've bought like 3 sets of ram off new egg, generally saved over 35% local prices (before gst was being charged).
    I ended up selling 2 sets and made more than i bought them for on trade me (even after fees)
    Thanks for that, i'll take a look at newegg.

22. Post
    Radeon 7 is looking better by the day, amazing product, such value AMD

In order of what has come out:

$699 and AMD says it kinda matches RTX2080
    $699 and actually only has half the advertised ROP cores
    $699 and actually falls short of the RTX2080, GTX1080ti - AMD's numbers used a bandwidth limited system to push the HBM2 bandwidth advantage, this is the only way Radeon 7 can beat a Vega 64, without it's extra bandwidth it's almost nothing
    $699 and actually doesn't have double precision FP64
    $699 and doesn't support ray tracing, adaptive shading or DLSS
    $699 and doesn't have tensor AI cores
    $699 and pulls the most electricity of any card for sale right now - and probably one of the hottest too
    $699 and there will be no AIB custom models
    $699, 2019 and there will be no HDMI 2.1

I wonder what we'll learn tomorrow

23. Post
    unless you are getting paid to post this tripe I feel like we need to RMA you

24. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    there will be no AIB custom models
    Is this true? This alone is some bullshit. Just reference PCBs or no partner cards at all? Either way that's pretty terrible.

25. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Radeon 7 is looking better by the day, amazing product, such value AMD

In order of what has come out:

$699 and AMD says it kinda matches RTX2080
    $699 and actually only has half the advertised ROP cores
    $699 and actually falls short of the RTX2080, GTX1080ti - AMD's numbers used a bandwidth limited system to push the HBM2 bandwidth advantage, this is the only way Radeon 7 can beat a Vega 64, without it's extra bandwidth it's almost nothing
    $699 and actually doesn't have double precision FP64
    $699 and doesn't support ray tracing, adaptive shading or DLSS
    $699 and doesn't have tensor AI cores
    $699 and pulls the most electricity of any card for sale right now - and probably one of the hottest too
    $699 and there will be no AIB custom models
    $699, 2019 and there will be no HDMI 2.1

I wonder what we'll learn tomorrow
    As much as I want to support AMD, I am so glad I picked up my 1080Ti before the mining craze and then before they went EOL with the 2080/2080ti launch.