Latest CPU & GPU Discussion (Intel/AMD/Nvidia)

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 10,601 to 10,611 of 10611

1. Post
    I wonder if we are even going to see volta next year. Nvidia is making a ton of money off Pascal considering the die size to cost ratio compared to previous generations.

2. Post
    and there isnt really a performance need either, right now whether you buy a 1060/1070/1080/1080ti you're going to get great performance at 1080p/1440p/4k regardless, nothing is really stressing the system right now, there inst really a Crysis of 2017.

Nvidia doesn't have much movement with Pascal onto the desktop line though especially with closing down of SLI support, however in the mobile lineup, there is room for them to introduce a mobile 1080ti chip which laptops would be able to handle, most top of the line laptops are now shipping with 1080's overclocked to 1950mhz+ and hitting only 70 under load, so there is some room to add more Pascal grunt to these laptops

3. Post
    I have to say I am really impressed with nvidia this generation. My brothers 1050ti is beating a GTX 680 with much less heat and power draw. I think they've nailed the current architecture.

4. Post
    i want a 2k 100hz+ 30+inch monitor and the whatever next gen card as my upgrade next year.

5. Post
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd-ryzen-p...p-black-friday

It may just be the upcoming post-Thanksgiving retail fervour, but prices for AMD's Ryzen and Threadripper CPUs are already dropping by a considerable amount, around 15 - 30% - and it’s not just in Germany and the Netherlands either. Pricing has already dropped on Overclockers UK, with the eight-core/sixteen-thread Ryzen 7 1800X down from £429 to £290. For £729 you can even pick up AMD’s 16-core monster Threadripper 1950X chip, down from £930. Customers are reporting pricing drops across the globe, yet AMD have confirmed no details of price reductions so far.

This news couldn’t come at a worse time for Intel, considering they are struggling to simply get processors out to customers at MSRP, let alone with considerable price reductions. Although full stock levels may be appearing sooner rather than later. Team red on the other hand seem in a much more welcoming position to the upcoming shopping extravaganza, with their Ryzen processors reaching close to end-of-life status as AMD’s Pinnacle Ridge is just over the horizon, yet not close enough to deter potential sales… as far as we know, anyways.

6. Post
    i personally would welcome the pain and discomfort onto Intel and Nvidia.

7. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    i personally would welcome the pain and discomfort onto Intel and Nvidia.
    Intel for sure considering history of illegal business practices holding back CPU performance. Nvidia I don't have as much of an issue with....

8. Post
    SL1CKSTA wrote:
    Intel for sure considering history of illegal business practices holding back CPU performance. Nvidia I don't have as much of an issue with....
    Then you must not have done your homework.

Nvidia is at best no better than Intel, and quite possibly worse.

9. Post
    Ain't that for real. AdoredTV has quite a nice video up on YouTube about what anti competitive asshats Nvidia are.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

10. Post
    Yeah, I'd put Nvidia higher up my shit list than Intel.

11. Post
    iRoN wrote:
    Then you must not have done your homework.

Nvidia is at best no better than Intel, and quite possibly worse.
    hackdrag0n wrote:
    Ain't that for real. AdoredTV has quite a nice video up on YouTube about what anti competitive asshats Nvidia are.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Speaking of Adoredtv