Latest CPU & GPU Discussion (Intel/AMD/Nvidia)

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 10,676 to 10,682 of 10682

1. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    damn... Might trade me RX480 for a 1060
    Slight update to the previous PUBG talk. Jumped on the new map / test servers tonight and was netting ~80 FPS on ultra pretty solid. High was mostly above 100fps. Didn't see a huge amount of action, so YMMV. Could be worth trying test server with your 480.

2. Post
    Titan v benches coming out

Overclocked Titan v with the stock blower cooler pushes fire strike extreme score of 15% higher than an Asus Strix 1080 ti

So Titan v can be used for gaming but it’s a high premium to pay

further information found:

The titan v benchmarks were done using the latest drivers which added titan v support so no driver issues
    And its confirmed that titan v has no sli support
    Last edited by SirGrim; 10th December 2017 at 11:40 am.

3. Post
    Synthetic results are not indicative of gaming results, especially when we're talking about a uniquely new architecture...

The gaming benchmarks I've seen have been pretty poor as to be expected as this is not a gaming card; Rise of the Tomb Raider and Ashes are averaging about 30-50 less FPS than a 1080 Ti, Gears of War 4 is ~30ish more than a 1080 Ti.

None of this really means anything tbh.

4. Post
    Zen+ Coming out q1 2018 Should be interesting to see what they improve on with 12nm. I am optimistic about Zen+ as Zen was a fantastic success story hopefully an IPC bump with something that can hit higher clocks.
    https://videocardz.com/74402/amd-con...ing-in-q1-2018

5. Post
    1080ti is no joke son

only tested tiny sample of games, being away from pc for couple years so my steam game collection is a bit aged, the newest game in there is Witcher 3, I think

but so far did some testing on Witcher 3, GTA V, CS:GO and H1Z1

Basically in all of these games 144hz @ 1440p was easy to achieve whilst maxing out almost every graphical option, some are stupidly easy - like cs go where 144fps @ 1440p maxed settings is only enough to give the 1080ti a 20% workout - yep, the gpu only sits at 45 degrees and 20% load

6. Post
    Yeah, put it under water though - it gets crazier. Under air this particular card was stable at +70mhz, while the last one was stable at +80mhz. They both gained +30mhz under water. But with the other one there was a hard memory limit under water at about +600mhz, this one got to that under air. But under water I've just hit +1000mhz on the memory. My last best Time Spy Extreme was 4653 with overclocked CPU and memory; I've just hit 4612 with stock CPU and memory. +100mhz core, +1000mhz memory - and Precision X can't go higher than 1000mhz. I haven't even touched the voltages. But I'm about to reboot @4ghz and see what happens...

7. Post
    More Titan V gaming benches released

Looking at about 15%ish over a stock 1080ti

Not bad, be interesting to see if Nvidia releases a gaming card on this chip in 2018 - cutting out those tensor cores, boosting clock speeds and custom cooling - could be looking at rather significant gains over a 1080ti me thinks

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphi...ng-Conclusions