Latest CPU & GPU Discussion (Intel/AMD/Nvidia)

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 11,076 to 11,082 of 11082

1. Post
    GorGasm wrote:
    Looks like Spectre/Meltdown patches are having an impact on Intel performance. Anandtech results showing AMD in line or ahead of Intel for gaming. I'm waiting for Tech Reports updated results...
    Nah, there is something wrong there. They are redoing their tests.

- - - Updated - - -

nzbleach wrote:
    Anandtech's review is the outlier though.

It does beg the question though, are other reviewers using historic benchmark data for intel chips or have they rebenched post patch
    There were lots of benchmarks after the spectre patch etc, there was no impact on gaming.

2. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Should be - AMD said they will keep using AM4 socket till 2020 - so as long as Ryzen 3 series is out before 2020 then it should fit
    Ryzen 3 out next year isn't it? Although if Intel keep dropping their arses AMD may drag out the release a bit more.

3. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Nah, there is something wrong there. They are redoing their tests.

- - - Updated - - -

There were lots of benchmarks after the spectre patch etc, there was no impact on gaming.
    I think there have been further patches more recently though (march).

4. Post
    If there is proven negative impact on gaming on the 8700k i will rage and sell my cpu and board and get a 2700x.

5. Post
    No change here no update no change

6. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    Good point man. Does it OC as well I wonder? You would prob need to delid unless it was soldered. AFAIK the 5820K's were soldered.
    i had one @ 4.5GHz on air with very little trouble - literally just set the multiplier. i do believe they were soldered too.

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Using a after market cooler with your ryzen CPU voids your warranty: https://support.amd.com/en-us/search/faq/147
    AMD Clarifies Warranty Terms for Ryzen CPU use with Third-Party Coolers

As it turns out, this was an older support page that does not accurately reflect the warranty of modern AMD processors. AMD has since updated the warranty page to provide clarification.

Now, the page reads that the warranty shall be null and void if the processor "is used with any heatsink/fan (HSF) that does not support operation of the AMD processor in conformance with AMD’s publicly available specifications."