1. Post
    bradc wrote:
    I'm amazed the Ministry hasn't provided computers
    Because greedy, lazy teachers which can't be fired want more money.

2. Post
    Here comes shitstorm 2012

3. Post
    Gerter wrote:
    Here comes shitstorm 2012
    ??

Thread was great success

4. Post
    What school do you teach at OP? This will greatly influence whether or not I put money in to fund.

5. Post
    cencsor wrote:
    ??

Thread was great success
    Haha yeah, was just referring to Privoxy post.

6. Post
    Rungus wrote:
    What school do you teach at OP? This will greatly influence whether or not I put money in to fund.
    What if it was Bible studies?

7. Post
    Rungus wrote:
    Honestly guys, not asking for money into a fund haha Ill pay for the courier myself! I appreciate the offers, but would feel uncomfortable accepting money.

I teach at Maungatapu School in Tauranga - just a normal primary school. If your not sure if im legit, my registration that I posted matches the teacher of Room 7 - me.

Privoxy wrote:
    Because greedy, lazy teachers which can't be fired want more money.
    We can be fired? I know of a few teachers that have. Im on 48k, was doing 60 hour weeks last term, including working most Saturdays (mostly because I haven't been teaching long so it takes me longer to prepare stuff) -not that much money really :P Plus there are a lot of extra costs involved that we pay for ourselves...you would be surprised. But anyway

8. Post
    Hopefully someone helps you out here

One of our local schools got a 25k donation to go towards tech/computing and instead gave every teacher an iPhone despite being in a similar situation with classroom computers. Hopefully there's some fallout on that

9. Post
    How do you deal with ratbags in your class?

10. Post
    I have full respect for nurses/teachers

11. Post
    Equity wrote:
    We can be fired? I know of a few teachers that have. Im on 48k, was doing 60 hour weeks last term, including working most Saturdays (mostly because I haven't been teaching long so it takes me longer to prepare stuff) -not that much money really :P Plus there are a lot of extra costs involved that we pay for ourselves...you would be surprised. But anyway
    I flatted with a teacher for 3ish years and I work for the MoE - Don't think I would be surprised

There are some really brilliant and amazing teachers out there that deserve all the money and finding they can get. But there is a hell of a lot more that should just be shot.

12. Post
    I'm willing to donate a half-completed PC. All that's missing is a case, monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

13. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    I flatted with a teacher for 3ish years and I work for the MoE - Don't think I would be surprised

There are some really brilliant and amazing teachers out there that deserve all the money and finding they can get. But there is a hell of a lot more that should just be shot.
    I agree totally, there are heaps of passionate teachers who go the extra mile. Then there are heaps of teachers who have been stuck doing the same thing for years, just plodding along. I think its a job thats easy to stay in if your past it..unfortunately!

14. Post
    Teachers (good teachers) deserve more pay.

Job market in general is seriously tough, especially in teaching though.

Great to see the help in this thread! Good on ya GPOD.

15. Post
    Equity wrote:
    my registration
    Why is it provisional? Are you a student teacher?

16. Post
    Because after you graduate the first 2 years are called "provisional".

You have to do tasks and professional development during that period and teach a certain amount of hours to actually become fully registered.

17. Post
    HOF.

18. Post
    Beefholio and The Deuce -> it's people like you that restore my faith in humanity .

@Equity, I hope your school/classroom gets the equipment that you require, you seem like a genuinely great educator with a passion for teaching.

19. Post
    Analgia wrote:
    Why is it provisional? Are you a student teacher?
    Proper teacher, just haven't achieved full registration yet. My first year out I was relieving / doing release (this doesn't count towards registration), then had my own classes, I have about 3 terms left before becoming fully registered..(dependent on the paperwork, evidence, I submit being approved)

20. Post
    Those who can't, teach.
    Those who can't teach, teach gym.

21. Post
    Also keen to help out here with a PC (old P4 I built for my son to learn on, iv since upgraded him) and a 15" LCD. It has a graphics card in it so will play flash games and such, runs google earth but not much more graphically demanding than that.

But it does seem like you are sussed for PC's so Im also happy to donate to the courier costs because I think you generally care about your students and helping them to grow, where so many teachers dont.

22. Post
    oh **** I just gave away two old Macbooks that I had (white plastic ones), would have been perfect for your school since it doesnt take up much room and I've just had the battery replaced on both units. Plus your kids will be raised on Macs so that means they will grow up to be innovative people who can make a mark on the world.

23. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Those who can't, teach.
    Those who can't teach, teach gym.
    haha, mine was more like, wtf does one do with a political science degree....

24. Post
    attack_by_fire wrote:
    oh **** I just gave away two old Macbooks that I had (white plastic ones), would have been perfect for your school since it doesnt take up much room and I've just had the battery replaced on both units. Plus your kids will be raised on Macs so that means they will grow up to be innovative people who can make a mark on the world.
    :roofshout: