Gaming General Discussion Thread

Thread Rating: 22 votes, 4.64 average.
(22 votes)
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 6879

1. Post
    Just threw $24 at the Wolcen alpha.

Beautiful game with surprisingly engaging hack and slash mechanics (rolling between Umbra/Mana and Rage, similar to D3's Demon Hunter dual mana system). Skills tree is hella huge and character progression is completely open and user controlled. Going to be watching updates and core additions like a hawk.

2. Post
    Damn, Witcher 1 looks and feels amazing with Rise of the White Wolf and The Witcher texture overhaul mods.

It hits the visual and lore spots perfectly.

3. Post
    New news

PS5 rumours

* PS5 devkits being with devs for sometime already
    * PS5 will be priced at $500usd
    * PS5 used 8 core Ryzen CPU and Navi GPU
    * PS5 will be capable of 4k 60FPS gaming
    * PSVR 2 is in developement, some of the PSVR2 hardware will be inside the PS5 - the gamer just needs to buy the new PSVR2 Camera/headset and connect to the PS5
    * VR Gloves will launch with PSVR2
    * Last of US 2, Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding have been pushed back by Sony and all 3 will now become PS5 launch titles (as well as on the PS4)

The person pushing these rumours has accurately leaked rumours before - this is the guy who said Sony would skip E3 2019 before Sony announced it

https://www.techspot.com/news/77487-...UGqKTMu0oxHeQQ
    Last edited by SirGrim; 20th November 2018 at 2:24 pm.

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    New news

PS5 rumours

* PS5 devkits being with devs for sometime already
    * PS5 will be priced at $500usd
    * PS5 used 8 core Ryzen CPU and Navi GPU
    * PS5 will be capable of 4k 60FPS gaming
    * PSVR 2 is in developement, some of the PSVR2 hardware will be inside the PS5 - the gamer just needs to buy the new PSVR2 Camera/headset and connect to the PS5
    * VR Gloves will launch with PSVR2
    * Last of US 2, Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding have been pushed back by Sony and all 3 will now become PS5 launch titles (as well as on the PS4)

The person pushing these rumours has accurately leaked rumours before - this is the guy who said Sony would skip E3 2019 before Sony announced it

https://www.techspot.com/news/77487-...UGqKTMu0oxHeQQ
    Rumours indeed

Navi? Zelda?

Nintendo buying Sony confirmed!

5. Post
    Valve has discontinued Steam Link.

The supply of physical Steam Link hardware devices is sold out in Europe and almost sold out in the US.

Moving forward, Valve intends to continue supporting the existing Steam Link hardware as well as distribution of the software versions of Steam Link, available for many leading smart phones, tablets and televisions. Click here to find out more about the Steam Link App.
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/353...33726684325037

6. Post
    Witcher 3 is more like a long TV series than a movie

7. Post
    Out of nowhere Friday the 13th gets a patch, fixing lots of bugs. I thought they weren't working on this game anymore because of a lawsuit so it came as a nice surprise.

8. Post
    The lawsuit doesn't cover the game directly. It's a weird legal limbo... but basically an outside lawsuit limits their ability to create new content they had planned based on the franchise because the rights to the franchise itself are being contested.

I'm guessing the addition of it being on PS+ probably has at least kept server use high and the bugs being looked at.

9. Post
    I can't stop playing it, up to level 42 now. Got killed as Jason the other night, bloody counsellors ganging up on poor old Jase

10. Post
    Got the beta to this game, looks fun.

11. Post
    I bought a couple Sword Art Online PS4 games on special the other month, Re:Hollow Fragment and Lost Song. They came out probably 3-4 years ago so you'd assume that the publisher would've moved on long ago... Within the last few months both games have gotten budget range PC ports onto Steam, released with no PR. This keeps happening, I think I'm just going stop buying console exclusive 3rd party games (which aren't on Switch. Switch is portable so it offers me something my PC doesn't.).

I want to pick up Digimon Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory for PS4 when it's on special. They'll probably announce PC ports of both Cyber Sleuth games as soon as my payment has processed at this point.

12. Post
    So anyone playing sunset overdrive on PC?

13. Post
    Such a fun game that Sunset Overdrive. Wish they'd make a sequel to that game.

14. Post
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    Got the beta to this game, looks fun.

*After playing the beta for a bit, i can say this game is alot of fun..with some adjustments and a few things added in, it could be perfect,. I like these old side scrollers, grew up on them in the 80's and 90's.

15. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    Damn, Witcher 1 looks and feels amazing with Rise of the White Wolf and The Witcher texture overhaul mods.

It hits the visual and lore spots perfectly.
    OH SHIIIT I didn't even know this mod was a thing....ok then, I may have to do a replay sometime in 2019 with this on, get all them cards this time too lol.

16. Post
    hmm I might actually finish Witcher 1 after only getting part way when I played it 6 or so years ago. Think I got overwhelmed by all the quests lol. Will have to get used to the weird combat again as well.

17. Post
    IST wrote:
    OH SHIIIT I didn't even know this mod was a thing....ok then, I may have to do a replay sometime in 2019 with this on, get all them cards this time too lol.
    I'm just about to finish the latest book (which has quite a bit of Signs and Golden Oriole mention), then I might do the games again, and complete the Witcher pilgrimage to 100%.

18. Post
    So I've been trying to play Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet. Gawd it's boring as. What's with the same enemies over and over complete with super annoying voices yelling at the top of their lungs. . Gonna trade in this trash for Darksiders 3.

19. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    So I've been trying to play Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet. Gawd it's boring as. What's with the same enemies over and over complete with super annoying voices yelling at the top of their lungs. . Gonna trade in this trash for Darksiders 3.
    Darksiders 3 hasn't been reviewing that well. That said, I love the series personally, and I'll grab it when it's cheap.

20. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Darksiders 3 hasn't been reviewing that well. That said, I love the series personally, and I'll grab it when it's cheap.
    It'll have a long sales tail based on the positive word of mouth, this will do well for THQ Nordic well into 2019. Hitman 2 will have a similar fate.

I question them launching in a busy heavy hitters month like November. Late April or early May would've been a better month. The trend whore console casuals would've burned out on Anthem, The Division 2 and would be looking for something different by then.

21. Post
    I keep getting password reset emails from psn. The emails don't say why they were sent and appear legit. Is someone requesting a password reset for my account, or is this just a periodic reminder?

22. Post
    I don't recall ever getting password reset emails apart from when PSN got hacked all those years ago, if that helps. Sounds a bit fishy to me.

23. Post
    Damn. I must have a similar username to someone else. Have had two this week and a few back in June/July.

24. Post

25. Post
    good ole Karr hoe!