Gaming General Discussion Thread

Thread Rating: 22 votes, 4.64 average.
(22 votes)
Results 6,526 to 6,550 of 6954

1. Post
    Hows the RS2 population in Oceania?

2. Post
    ^Good, usually a couple of servers that are full.

Here's a platformer on kickstarter that looks quite good.
    freja-and-the-false-prophecy
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...am/description

3. Post
    Has anyone played Subnautica? Heard that it’s decent, kinda like an underwater No Mans Sky, but good. Just not sure it’s worth $55?

4. Post
    It's free on the Epic Game Store right now.

5. Post
    Deathbat wrote:
    Hows the RS2 population in Oceania?
    There's always 2 full 64 player servers going.

6. Post
    Steam Early Access for another upcoming skateboarding title becomes available this evening, https://store.steampowered.com/app/962730/Skater_XL/

Some gameplay here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPO3zQPf7tY

7. Post
    is it free or whats the price?

8. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    is it free or whats the price?
    They haven't released the price, but it won't be free.

9. Post
    Damn that brings back memories of me and my mates playing THPS2 on the PS1. I haven't touched a skating game since then but I might have to pick this up.

10. Post
    Gamblor wrote:
    Damn that brings back memories of me and my mates playing THPS2 on the PS1. I haven't touched a skating game since then but I might have to pick this up.
    Dude, check out the Skate series, this game looks like it has more in common with that than THPS.

11. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Has anyone played Subnautica? Heard that itís decent, kinda like an underwater No Mans Sky, but good. Just not sure itís worth $55?
    I played it before it was fully released and never tried No Mans Sky but it's awesome and worth $55 easy. You started out with just an escape pod and end up with submarines and bases as you explore deeper and there's all sorts of crazy shit out there. I know they added more story so I'll probably play it again sometime and start over.

Trying Path of Exile for the first time, wow this game has a lot going on.

12. Post
    just tried to play grand operations on bf v and not a single other person was on it lol

13. Post
    icweirdppl wrote:
    just tried to play grand operations on bf v and not a single other person was on it lol
    On a workday at 10:30am AEST? Probably not the best time to try.

Grand Ops is lame anyway.

14. Post
    It's school holidays...

15. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Grand Ops is lame anyway.
    concur

conquest or gtfo

16. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    It's school holidays...
    A lot of parents aren't going to buy MP games for their kids when Fortnite is free.

17. Post
    Hi all. New to the forums, so can't post a new thread unless I spam you all five times with posts to bring my count up. Hoping this thread is okay to chuck a query into...

I've never been a gamer beyond having a PS1 then PS2 specifically for Gran Turismo 1/2/3 haha, and have bought an Xbox One S 1TB pack with a controller and game for my son for Xmas (When asked, he specifically wanted Xbox, and 2 specific games to play with his buddies). It comes with 1 month Game Pass, and I got a 3 month Xbox Live Gold card as well.

We have fiber (100/30), Wireless N, and the router is in the next room about 3 meters away from the Xbox. - Is it worth cabling the network, or is a 12 year old casually playing against his mates on FiFA not going to see much difference?

With the console bundle, the games, gamepass, and xbox live subscription, and a good internet connection, is there anything else i need to get for his first week or three to be successful without me having to get into town to buy something thats a common must-have?

Annnnnnd.... any tips or tricks to get the most out of setup / day one for a kid who has used his mates Xbox several times, but is ultimately quite new to this.

Thanks!

Big T in Hawkes Bay.

18. Post
    One thing worth doing is plugging it in/setting it up ahead of time, so when he fires it up on xmas he doesn't have to wait for updates to download (pretty much all games with have to download some amount of updates before you can play it these days).

If its not a problem its probably worth running a wired connection rather than Wifi, but in saying that you could always just see how he goes, if he complains about lag you could try add the cable then, plenty of people do play over wifi, but it is more prone to intermittent issues.

Does the console come with any kind of microphone? Otherwise a cheap headset with a mic could be worthwhile if he plays with friends online and they want to chat while they play.

19. Post
    LMAO, just found out I won a Xbox copy of Battlefield 5 from MS because I watched The Game Awards on Mixer. Digital only, so I can't do anything with it.

20. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    LMAO, just found out I won a Xbox copy of Battlefield 5 from MS because I watched The Game Awards on Mixer. Digital only, so I can't do anything with it.
    Dang if only they gave you the code! Apparently they sent it out to heaps of people too, to bad I've never watched mixer before

21. Post
    Really think I'm burned out with games. Trawled right through the GoG and Steam sales and cannot find anything that interests me.

I must have played every type of game in every genre that interests me a dozen times over, seen everything there is to see. Nothing is new anymore. So unless a game is a total masterpiece I find myself uninterested.

22. Post
    Give ATOM RPG a go. Russian homage to the original Fallouts, Wasteland etc. Apparently it's pretty good.

23. Post
    I know EB Games gets a lot of flak but I got my order today and they had included a bunch of bonus goodies like Pokemon coins, game soundtrack and a model car...

Really made my day

24. Post
    brand wrote:
    I know EB Games gets a lot of flak but I got my order today and they had included a bunch of bonus goodies like Pokemon coins, game soundtrack and a model car...

Really made my day
    Spoiler I work for ebgames and we give out a bunch of free stuff when we can. Today I gave away Forza 7 and horizon 4 for a guy buying a new Xbox. And with a switch purchase a couple Pokemon plushies. It's all dependant on store and what they have leftover.

25. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    Give ATOM RPG a go. Russian homage to the original Fallouts, Wasteland etc. Apparently it's pretty good.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/5...ic_indie_game/