Gaming General Discussion Thread

Thread Rating: 22 votes, 4.64 average.
(22 votes)
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 6881

1. Post
    -HB wrote:
    The only awards that matter.

Holy ****ing shit

These guys are amazing....how have I never seen them!

2. Post
    IST wrote:
    Holy ****ing shit

bruh

I GOTTA FIND JASOOOON

3. Post
    IST wrote:
    Holy ****ing shit

Seriously? The cringe here was extreme. Unfunny people trying to fake funny by being loud and obnoxious.

4. Post
    Yep, it was as bad as I thought it would be

Makes sense if IST likes it though

5. Post
    Kog wrote:
    Yep, it was as bad as I thought it would be

Makes sense if IST likes it though
    I'll somehow try take that as a compliment

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Post
    Finally we have an Alien Blackout trai...

wait..

mobile icons..

7. Post
    a mobile game? lol

8. Post
    People have been asking for an Alien Isolation sequel for years... and it's a phone game. RIP.

9. Post
    dont you guys have phones

10. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    dont you guys have phones
    Nah, daughter put it in the toilet. Goodbye $500. I haven't owned a smart phone in over a year and I don't miss it.

11. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    People have been asking for an Alien Isolation sequel for years... and it's a phone game. RIP.
    Oh Jesus, it's a FNAF clone too.

12. Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if this is why the trailer was pulled from TGA's at the end of last year lol

"noooo no no no, you ain't running this shit at our awards show"

13. Post
    Game dev: Linux users account for 0.1% of sales but account for 20% of all tech support tickets

https://mobile.twitter.com/bgolus/st...13166116597760

Game dev says next time they skip Linux

14. Post
    dunno, Planetary Annihilation does not register as a fully realized KS project which ticked all the boxes. Myself like many feel Uber stopped supporting it way too early and left many promised features out. And they were punished on it when they tried to launch Human Resources , their next kickstarter.

15. Post
    Nothing screams immersion like playing a horror game on a 5 inch screen.

16. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Game dev: Linux users account for 0.1% of sales but account for 20% of all tech support tickets

https://mobile.twitter.com/bgolus/st...13166116597760

Game dev says next time they skip Linux
    You'd have to be a sadist to game on linux. Just dual boot you weirdos (i myself have win 10/ ubuntu 18.04)

17. Post
    IST wrote:
    I'll somehow try take that as a compliment
    Me too, I like their style.

18. Post
    The Last Night, remember this looked good.

Did SJW kill it? Hopefully not.

19. Post
    Uh oh...

Phil Spencer promised better exclusives but all Xbox gets is more cancelled

20. Post
    griefmaker wrote:

Wow, this guy is one step away from wearing a tinfoil hat. Games get caught up in development hell all the time and I wouldn't be surprised if this was just a case of a developer getting in over their head...

21. Post
    Colinnola wrote:
    Wow, this guy is one step away from wearing a tinfoil hat. Games get caught up in development hell all the time and I wouldn't be surprised if this was just a case of a developer getting in over their head...
    More like you're living in bubble, unaware of the reality of things. Indie gaming is a creative medium, like Hollywood, comics, scifi literature, etc. Artsy people are often highly liberal in their political beliefs, more so on the extreme left these days than even 10 years ago. Silicon Valley is filled with far left leaning people these days too. The games industry is filled with people with much of the same education as Silicon Valley professionals but they conciously chose to work lower paying jobs in games because they're passionate about making art.

In current year left leaning people are far more intolerant of people with different beliefs than their own and they will blacklist people who disagree with them. See former DC comic artist Ethan Van Sciver, ex-Google tech guy James Danmore, actress Stacey Dash, actor James Woods. Tim Soret is a vocal libertarian and disagrees with the social justice narrative of hiring based on equality of outcome, diversity of peoples' external attributes, affirmative action, etc.

22. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    More like you're living in bubble, unaware of the reality of things. Indie gaming is a creative medium, like Hollywood, comics, scifi literature, etc. Artsy people are often highly liberal in their political beliefs, more so on the extreme left these days than even 10 years ago. Silicon Valley is filled with far left leaning people these days too. The games industry is filled with people with much of the same education as Silicon Valley professionals but they conciously chose to work lower paying jobs in games because they're passionate about making art.

In current year left leaning people are far more intolerant of people with different beliefs than their own and they will blacklist people who disagree with them. See former DC comic artist Ethan Van Sciver, ex-Google tech guy James Danmore, actress Stacey Dash, actor James Woods. Tim Soret is a vocal libertarian and disagrees with the social justice narrative of hiring based on equality of outcome, diversity of peoples' external attributes, affirmative action, etc.
    As much as extremists (left, right, religious, secular) love to boil everything down to "Us vs Them" (ie forcing their own bubbles on everyone), the rest of us are more than capable of rolling our eyes and ignoring the BS.

Another game from the 2017 Microsoft E3 presentation fails to deliver.

23. Post
    The dev has posted that its still happening...

https://twitter.com/timsoret/status/1082799726146260992

24. Post
    griefmaker wrote:

If I rolled my eyes any harder I would have had an aneurysm. Anyone who uses the term SJW seriously should be immediately ignored by everyone. And that's on both sides of the isle.
    Glad to hear the game is still coming. It's been on my most wanted list since announced.

25. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    If I rolled my eyes any harder I would have had an aneurysm. Anyone who uses the term SJW seriously should be immediately ignored by everyone.
    It's a label which far left activists who want to censor art with the bludgeon of Political Correctness called themselves. It's a useful label to get across in conversation exactly what people mean in a concise manner.

I'm not surprised that ChrisB wants to put fingers in his ears and pretend that everything is fine. Far left social terrorists are out to co-opt popular entertainment that you love, use it to spread their political propaganda and then leave it in the dirt for dead for the next Popular Thing. Once Thing X that you were passionate about gets run into the ground and made completely unprofitable to the point where companies stop making it then you have nobody but your fence-sitting, idle self to blame.