Gaming General Discussion Thread

Thread Rating: 18 votes, 4.56 average.
(18 votes)
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 6741

1. Post
    What's some good racing games on PC to use with Xbox One controller?

Can you get Forza on PC? Was looking at the official site but could only find it for Xbox.

I have Dirt Rally but it's more of a wheel game and I find it too frustrating to play on a controller.

My childhood favorite was Need For Speed 3. Wish there was a modern remake of that!!

I played one modern NFS with cops but it was kinda... Open world? I really liked the style of NFS3 with the set tracks and you could race a ghost of yourself and try shave your time down another second etc. They had some amazing tracks too

2. Post
    You can get the latest Forza game on PC (Forza Horizon 4). That is about all I could recommend for playing with a XB1 controller, as I play sims like Asseto Corsa and Project Cars 2 with a steering wheel in VR - however they will work with a controller as well, I've just not played them that way.

There is a demo for Forza Horizon 4 here. Be aware it doesn't save your progress, so you have to start the whole story mode again if/when you quit out of the game; instead of just being able to go back to driving around its open world and doing events.

3. Post
    Why is Dirt Rally more of a wheel game? I've used both and I find it a lot easier with a controller. Just need to practice, you can get very good with controller... but there aren't too many arcade options around. Dirt Rally 1 and 2 are pretty brutal. Wreckfest, Forza 7, Forza Horizon 3 and 4, F1 2018, WRC7 is a little more forgiving than Dirt Rally.

4. Post
    Dunno I just found it super hard with a controller. Maybe I just need more practice

5. Post
    mejobloggs wrote:
    Dunno I just found it super hard with a controller. Maybe I just need more practice
    Stay in the R5 cars when starting, stay far away from Group B :P

6. Post
    My main issue was trying to go straight with a controller. I'm slightly off course so I just want to do a tiny correction which I seem to suck at on a controller. For me it's heaps easier on a wheel to turn just slightly, whereas with a controller i find myself flinging everywhere just when trying to go straight

7. Post
    I drove for a good 30 hours in DR using a controller, and its definitely do-able. You will never get the same time compared to using a wheel, but you can get close with a bit of practice.

8. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    however I agree with you regarding Left Alive. In fact, I think you're being a bit generous with the score, judging on what gameplay I've seen. Looks like a poor mans MGS.
    HAHAHA, oh wow. You were right, I was being too generous.

LEFT ALIVE looks like a PS3/Xbox 360 game, performs horribly, has Very Negative reviews on Steam

Square Enix has provided us with a review code and you can find below some 4K/Ultra screenshots from it. As you can see, the game is unable to run with 60fps on NVIDIA’s most powerful graphics card, despite its old-gen visuals. I mean, LEFT ALIVE runs similarly to Anthem and Metro Exodus; two games that look way better and more advanced than it, and that says a lot in our opinion.

In just a day, LEFT ALIVE received “Very Negative” reviews on Steam, with users reporting underwhelming performance on a variety of PC configurations. So yeah, it’s not just us. The game has some serious optimization issues as it looks bad and runs below expectations.

9. Post
    Ahh good old Jim! Will have to give this a watch!

10. Post
    Oh boy that "Caution the enemy is approaching" warning repeating each time you go near an enemy would make me use the game as a coaster. Sucks that they wasted some of the talent they had on the game.

11. Post
    mejobloggs wrote:
    I played one modern NFS with cops but it was kinda... Open world? I really liked the style of NFS3 with the set tracks and you could race a ghost of yourself and try shave your time down another second etc. They had some amazing tracks too
    NFS Hot Pursuit. Great game but I'd rather play Burnout Paradise, but then I'd also rather play Gran Turismo 2

12. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    NFS Hot Pursuit. Great game but I'd rather play Burnout Paradise, but then I'd also rather play Gran Turismo 2

Could have also been Most Wanted?

- - - Updated - - -

WarZoner wrote:
    Oh boy that "Caution the enemy is approaching" warning repeating each time you go near an enemy would make me use the game as a coaster. Sucks that they wasted some of the talent they had on the game.
    Yeah, they would definitely get on my tits after a while.

13. Post

this is so sick. i hope it gets finished and not shit on by lawyers. wish DD neon went this way rather than what they did.

14. Post
    Tom Francis makes cool things.

15. Post

16. Post
    Lets hope it's not a April fools.. would like a new blood game, i'd be happy with it being on the same engine as Ion Maidens.

17. Smile
    Wanted to post a game I've really been enjoying,

https://store.steampowered.com/app/894630/Final_Theory/

Called Final Theory, it's a turn based space strategy game.

18. Post
    Magic Robertson wrote:
    Wanted to post a game I've really been enjoying,

https://store.steampowered.com/app/894630/Final_Theory/

Called Final Theory, it's a turn based space strategy game.
    Looks good MR, I'll take a look

19. Post
    hmm i am betting some of you will love this

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7...he_Revolution/

We. The Revolution is a unique game with a singular art style set in the blood-soaked and paranoid world of the French Revolution, where often you could not tell a friend from an enemy. As a judge of the Revolutionary Tribunal, you will have to trudge through this setting passing sentences, playing a dangerous political game, and doing everything in your power to not to be guillotined as an enemy of revolution. At the end of a day you will also confront your decisions with your family and very often they will see it differently.

20. Post
    Love me some Noob Saibot. You can tell they now have a team dedicated to coming up with these fatalities:

21. Post
    Jesus those are awesomely gruesome

22. Post
    Been playing the shit out of Enderal. Great effort, actually prefer it over Skyrim. Certainly the main story and voice acting is better.

23. Post
    Interesting open-source game engine development

24. Post
    Anytime anyone claims something will "disrupt the industry!11", My required daily salt intake increases