Gaming General Discussion Thread

Thread Rating: 22 votes, 4.64 average.
(22 votes)
Results 6,776 to 6,800 of 6897

  1. Post
    Where are Doom Eternal and Wasteland 3?

  2. Post
    Anyone still play L4D2? Is the game still alive & kicking? After watching a few World War Z vids today it made me feel like going back & playing it.

  3. Post
    Anyone know if GfWL activations still work?
    Friend has base game, but possibly get codes for the GOTY edition of the same game and I've got no idea if they will be able to be activated.
    Game isn't available on any digital stores any longer unfortunately.

  4. Post
    They finally decided to use the movie theme music for the launch trailer, maybe they do listen to their fans afterall:

  5. Post
    bradleycampbell wrote:
    Anyone know if GfWL activations still work?
    Borderlands 1 never was a GfWL game, it used Gamespy as MP middleware. When Gamespy was killed a few years back they patched in Steamworks.

    But yes, GfWL keys would probably still activate on Xbox Live. They're selling still GfWL games on Steam right now, like The Club, Tron Evolution, GTA4, Street Fighter x Tekken, Lost Planet 2.

  6. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    maybe they do listen to their fans afterall:
    Considering that they're dressing most of the female characters in more or less tactical bhurkas and ignoring fan criticisms on that front, I'd say no to that Chief.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 21st April 2019 at 4:59 am.

  7. Post

  8. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    They finally decided to use the movie theme music for the launch trailer, maybe they do listen to their fans afterall:
    Random bit of trivia, the music wasn't actually made for the movie - it just popularized it. It was actually released a year before the movie in 1994 for the release of MK2 (specifically on an album of game inspired tracks called "Mortal Kombat: The Album"). That's also why the track uses the sound bites from the first game and not the film itself if you ever wondered why.

  9. Post
    Ah, I remember I had the movie soundtrack on cassette when it came out in 1995, but did't know that.

  10. Post
    Grabbed AC: Odyssey in GMG's Spring Sale for $40NZD.

    Was hesitant because I gave up on Origins very early on. Origins is an amazing game and the world of Ancient Egypt is awe inspiring but the characters and story was just so shallow and uneventful.

    Odyssey still lacks a lot in story but they have tightened the delivery of characters to allow you to remember them and like them. I also know my Ancient Greek so sitting their and pointing out "OH, HIM!!".

    Loving it.

  11. Post
    Damn really wondering if Mordhau will scratch that "bannerlord" itch. Combat looks good but just a little too arcadey - and the first person perspective looks like it's resulted in more limited teamwork. That's a shame, I'd like to see a medieval game pull off similar gameplay but real teamwork requirements (Shield walls etc).

  12. Post
    Something to play until M&B 2 Bannerlord, sword fighting looks fun, imagine that in VR.

  13. Post
    30 greatest fighting games of all time, this list has some problems although Third Strike is a decent entry at #1

  14. Post
    Eldon wrote:
    Damn really wondering if Mordhau will scratch that "bannerlord" itch. Combat looks good but just a little too arcadey - and the first person perspective looks like it's resulted in more limited teamwork. That's a shame, I'd like to see a medieval game pull off similar gameplay but real teamwork requirements (Shield walls etc).
    Looks like they spent the majority of their development budget on cheesy squelching sounds.

    S.E.D. wrote:
    30 greatest fighting games of all time, this list has some problems although Third Strike is a decent entry at #1
    No ClayFighter? INCOMPLETE LIST.

  15. Post
    it's also missing Ballz 3D

  16. Post
    No primal rage
    No one must fall 2097

  17. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    one must fall 2097
    yoo i played the hell out of the demo for that haha. never got the full game. was so good!

  18. Post
    Seriously SFV deserves to be there :/

  19. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Looks like they spent the majority of their development budget on cheesy squelching sounds
    Have you played it?, it seems to be getting good reviews on steam.

  20. Post
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    Have you played it?, it seems to be getting good reviews on steam.
    So I got Mordhau and loving it.

    It's missing a team coordination element, it's more opportunistic 'group' combat than team (proximity voip or a squad system with voip would help a lot) but it's a blast and I've been trying to figure out how to coordinate with my mates. It's pretty much a much improved chiv without the cheese that chiv had (360 degree spin kills etc).

  21. Post
    S.E.D. wrote:
    30 greatest fighting games of all time, this list has some problems although Third Strike is a decent entry at #1
    a lot of the games on that list aren't even in the top 200. yikes. 3s isn't my favourite SF game but i can accept it being i the top spot.

    my personal top picks would be sf alpha 2 for 2d games. sf3 improves in alpha in so many ways but the roster lets it down for me. close 2nd is KOF 95. if the health bars weren't so short it would be number 1

    3d games, VF4 is the best. no close 2nd, vf4 is way ahead to me but next probably tekken 2 or 3. i like t2's style, music, characters better but 3 plays better.

  22. Post
    Eldon wrote:
    So I got Mordhau and loving it.

    It's missing a team coordination element, it's more opportunistic 'group' combat than team (proximity voip or a squad system with voip would help a lot) but it's a blast and I've been trying to figure out how to coordinate with my mates. It's pretty much a much improved chiv without the cheese that chiv had (360 degree spin kills etc).
    Yeah I like it, from the few hours I've played of it, the sword fighting is more complex then most other sword fighting games I've played. So I think it will have a steep learning curve.

  23. Post
    Anyone tried Mordhau? Not sure if want.

  24. Post
    yeah, and its fun.

  25. Smile
    Would like to moan a bit...

    Back in the day when you brought a physical copy of a game, That game would always remain the same on CD/DVD unless you downloaded a patch, Problem with Steam is that i paid for a game that i enjoy but if all these other people want changes then i have to put up with those changes too.

    Do you see what frustrates me?

    If i had it on CD or DVD then i can always play it in that state,

    With steam, If people suggest changes that the Dev's decide to use, Then I'm forced to use them too.