Gaming General Discussion Thread

Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.00 average.
(8 votes)
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 5550

  1. Post
    cool

  2. Post
    Why hasn't Matt Maguire reported on Naughty Dog sexual harassment allegations?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thinking_Face_Emoji.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	111.1 KB 
ID:	219487
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Oculus Go is a standalone $199 VR headset that doesn't need a PC, a phone, or wires
    Superior, cheaper 2nd gen hardware is on the horizon now. Don't cry technology early adopters, you know what you signed up for!

    I'm hyped for this alongside Microsoft Mixed Reality headset range. Elite Dangerous awaits!
    Never mind, this headset is positioned for the cellphone VR market. I.e. not powerful enough for PC VR in all likelihood.

  3. Post
    Implying he's got some kind of agenda for not reporting it? Seems like pretty fresh news.

  4. Post
    Reckon, give the fella a chance to string more than a press release copy/paste or some speculative sensationalist nonsense together, there's plenty of websites around if you want "GOTTA NEWS FAST"

  5. Post
    Online DRM confirmed for Gran Turismo Sport. Campaign earnings won't be saved if you're offline. Anti-consumer trash!
    https://twitter.com/i/moments/920529352747515904

  6. Post
    Is that DRM or is that anti-cheat?

    And why is it anti-consumer?

  7. Post
    Nerin wrote:
    Is that DRM or is that anti-cheat?
    How about you read the link?

    Nerin wrote:
    And why is it anti-consumer?
    Stop being willfully obtuse. To actually progress in the campaign and have it saved you have to be online. The player is forced to be online, even if you they only desire to play solo.

    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 19th October 2017 at 8:31 am.

  8. Post
    I would guess that'd be annoying if PSN was down for the moment you're playing GT Sport.

  9. Post
    EvaUnit02: You linked me to Twitter. And then you expected me to actually gain information from it. One of us is using hyperbole and using Twitter as a place to gain information, the other is living in the real world. Guess which one you are.

    Willfully obtuse? Ah huh. I don't think those words mean what you think they mean.

    Even your video link there didn't explain why it was anti-consumer. Would you care to explain? Or are you just going to rage about it being obvious again?

    You argument seems to be that if it is online only then it is anti-consumer. Which... is... Okay. Stupid doesn't even begin to cover it.

    You are warned before hand. This game is basically online only. Like just about every e-sport game - which this one is trying to be. Still not seeing the anti-consumer.

    All I see is you throwing trigger labels around thinking that you are actually "in the know" or "hip" or something. I don't know. You're raging. But... at... nothing. What the hell?

  10. Post
    Nerin wrote:
    Willfully obtuse? Ah huh. I don't think those words mean what you think they mean.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inigo_montoya.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	219530

    Classic.

  11. Post
    Nerin wrote:
    EvaUnit02: You linked me to Twitter. And then you expected me to actually gain information from it. One of us is using hyperbole and using Twitter as a place to gain information, the other is living in the real world. Guess which one you are.
    Twitter Moments is the news feed service of the platform, the news aggregated with perfectly sufficient brevity to convey the necessary facts, you just have to SCROLL THE PAGE.



    Even your video link there didn't explain why it was anti-consumer. Would you care to explain? Or are you just going to rage about it being obvious again?

    You argument seems to be that if it is online only then it is anti-consumer. Which... is... Okay. Stupid doesn't even begin to cover it.

    You are warned before hand. This game is basically online only. Like just about every e-sport game - which this one is trying to be. Still not seeing the anti-consumer.
    Predominantly NOT an eSports game, Gran Turismo's userbase is millions of casual mainstream consumers, many of which NEVER take their console hardware online. The company is severely limiting how potentially hundreds of thousands to millions of their historical customer game can enjoy the game that paid for. If you're still not seeing as being anti-consumer then you're just doubling down on being willfully obtuse.

    All I see is you throwing trigger labels around thinking that you are actually "in the know" or "hip" or something. I don't know. You're raging. But... at... nothing. What the hell?
    Your arguments are shit so you're resorting to personal attacks, LOL.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 20th October 2017 at 1:11 am.

  12. Post
    Mafia 1 on GOG, finally.

    Their version is without licensed music, but there is a way to restore it, explained on their forums.

  13. Post
    Just came across a cool article by Hideo Kojima in rolling stones about the Blade Runner series. Bit of a random find but interesting read given the influence it had on games hes made (snatcher/policenauts etc).

    http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/f...runner-w509779

    Small snippet below:
    In the post-Blade Runner world, one can create a derivative work, but never a sequel or reboot. There's simply no reason to create Blade Runner once more. That was the common train of thought, and one I shared. So, when I heard that a sequel project was underway my heart sank. No matter who took the helm, it was destined for failure. On top of that, I was worried that the sequel would sully the film's legendary status.

    However, when it came to light that Denis Villeneuve, one of my favorite directors, had taken on this impossible task, I felt a glimmer of hope. His directorial genius has given rise to a string of masterpieces, such as Incendies, Prisoners and Enemy. But, truth be told, although my hopes rose, my uncertainty did not wane.

    This feeling of uneasiness stayed with me up until the moment I saw Blade Runner 2049 on the big screen, where at once all my misgivings were completely washed away. Blade Runner 2049 is, without a doubt, a cinematic masterpiece of the highest order.

  14. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Twitter Moments is the news feed service of the platform, the news aggregated with perfectly sufficient brevity to convey the necessary facts, you just have to SCROLL THE PAGE.
    Predominantly NOT an eSports game, Gran Turismo's userbase is millions of casual mainstream consumers, many of which NEVER take their console hardware online. The company is severely limiting how potentially hundreds of thousands to millions of their historical customer game can enjoy the game that paid for. If you're still not seeing as being anti-consumer then you're just doubling down on being willfully obtuse.
    Your arguments are shit so you're resorting to personal attacks, LOL.
    I did scroll the page. All I saw was a bunch of photos, a few people raging, and a few other people wondering what the rage is about.
    I'm not sure why you think that is "news aggregated with perfectly sufficient brevity to convey the necessary facts". Perhaps you didn't read your own link? Here, let me quote some stuff from it:

    "The only thing that sucks in GT Sport is when you play Arcade Mode when the Servers are offline, The Money you earn will not be saved"

    Okay. Plenty of games do that... but lets see the rest of these distilled facts...

    "It is online game. Did you say the same for Overwatch?"

    Hmmm... seems like a reasonable thing to ask.

    "Yep , GT Sport does the online save because of agreement with FIA to ensure no cheating and or design I read. That to me is fine, as long as they describe it, and they have , it’s on the box, said 4 months ago, and demo. Devs shouldn’t be forced into anything imo"

    Fair enough. So... what's the outrage? Where is the anti-consumer?

    Where is the part that favours business over the consumer? Or are you working with a made up definition of consumer that will let you use it as a buzzword fitzall for ranting?

    The game does not have offline saves and progress. Okay. There are many games that do that. You don't have a problem with them. You don't call Destiny 2 "anti-consumer". So what is the problem here?

    That historically the previous games didn't require an active internet connection? Okay. I can see you being annoyed at that. But that's hardly anti-consumer. That's just the game going a different direction.

    So some of the historic customers won't be able to play this game? Okay. Not anti-consumer either. In fact, it would harm the company's bottom line which would make it... GASP! ... anti-business!

    And yes. It is predominantly an eSports game. That's what this iteration of the game is aimed at. Competition online. eSports. It's in the ****ing brief.

    So the game is not historically an eSports game? Well boo ****ing hoo. Again, not anti-consumer. Just don't buy the game that you can't play. GASP!

  15. Post
    Looks like Neogaf is imploding. The owner has apparently been accused of sexual assault and all the mods have jumped ship. Plenty of gaming devs coming out of the woodworks on twitter sharing their neogaf harrassment stories from over the years too.

  16. Post
    It is genuinely amusing that the top people at a lot of the very anti gamer-gate sites turned out to be super dodgy..

  17. Post
    looks like they took it down

  18. Post
    seanhinton wrote:
    Looks like Neogaf is imploding. The owner has apparently been accused of sexual assault and all the mods have jumped ship. Plenty of gaming devs coming out of the woodworks on twitter sharing their neogaf harrassment stories from over the years too.
    Devin Faraci, Joss Whedon, etc. It's usually those who virtue signal the hardest who up being massive hypocritical pieces of shit.
    Nerin wrote:
    "It is online game. Did you say the same for Overwatch?"

    The game does not have offline saves and progress. Okay. There are many games that do that. You don't have a problem with them. You don't call Destiny 2 "anti-consumer". So what is the problem here?
    Destiny is a MMO, literally an entirely online multiplayer centric experience. There's no strictly 100% singleplayer mode, apples to orange, smart guy. Overwatch is a dumb comparison as well, since it's strictly an online PvP multiplayer game.

    GT's campaign is SP, not MP. They could've totally given the option to make it playable 100% offline, that is always online DRM right there.

    Hardcore gamers are the minority part of GT's long-standing audience, it has always been a huge mainstream following game. Again many casuals never take their consoles online, so they're potentially f*cking over a good portion of their larger audience.
    So some of the historic customers won't be able to play this game? Okay. Not anti-consumer either. In fact, it would harm the company's bottom line which would make it... GASP! ... anti-business!
    Leaving the mass market in the dust will hurt them in the long run.

    I'm not wasting my time on this further. Continuing being stubborn and willfully tonedeaf whilst you pick cotton for Master Sony. Corporate slaving gets you nowhere. Companies don't care about your fanboying, they only care about what's in your wallet.

  19. Post
    Yeah.

    Tonedeaf? What? No, seriously... what?

    Pick cotton for Master Sony? What? I dislike racing games. I think they are a waste of time. I couldn't care less about the game. I've no loyalty to Sony either. In fact, I think in general they just aren't that good for gamers. I'm ready to back you if you are going to talk about having to pay for multiplayer or some other dumb shit Sony thinks is a good idea. But this? This is nothing. It is not "anti-consumer". It's just you raging, making noise to no purpose.

    Fanboying? Corporate slaving?

    So... just because I think you are raging over nothing and you can't prove any of your anti-consumer claims... I must be a Sony fanboy who will defend them against anything...

    You're the reason people don't take actual issues seriously. You make so much angry white noise that when the truth is spoken it can't be discerned from all the background shit you've created.

  20. Post
    Nerin wrote:
    I think they are a waste of time.
    If you think any kind of video gaming is anything but, you're deluded.

  21. Post
    Having online only saves in 2017 is fine. Who cares? If that doesn't work for you, don't buy it.

  22. Post
    This makes me irrationally happy, Intelli mouse is coming back

    https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/17/...ource=facebook

  23. Post
    NeoGAF still down, god damn...I hate the politics behind it and the *possible* dark shit that was done, but man...I miss my GAF time

    Feliz wrote:
    It is genuinely amusing that the top people at a lot of the very anti gamer-gate sites turned out to be super dodgy..
    NeoGAF is not what you think it is.

    seanhinton wrote:
    Looks like Neogaf is imploding. The owner has apparently been accused of sexual assault and all the mods have jumped ship. Plenty of gaming devs coming out of the woodworks on twitter sharing their neogaf harrassment stories from over the years too.
    GAF harassment stories are like sharing when someone from GP was mean to you once or dissed your game, hardly noteworthy...just salt on the fire. It was about 6 mods too, of which there are a lot.

    Hard to say what's the 100% real story behind the story is, and we'll probably never know (it's no clear cut harassment thing either, many think it's vindictive as the apparent victim had a relationship with Malka after the proposed dark shit), either way, I'm missing it at the moment, and the characters on the boards.


  24. Post
    #metoo