Gaming General Discussion Thread

Thread Rating: 22 votes, 4.64 average.
(22 votes)
Results 6,951 to 6,975 of 7018

  1. Post

  2. Post
    Probably old news but I found out that useful browser extension, Enhanced Steam, is dead. It's been superseded by Augmented Steam (maintained by useful site, isthereanydeal.com).

  3. Post
    Meanwhile Epic Games Launcher is still bare bones garbage.


  4. Post
    anyone playing session?


  5. Post
    French court rules that gamers own and therefore are legally allowed to re-sell steam game licenses.
    Steam, furious, will appeal.

    https://wccftech.com/steam-resell-games-french-court/

  6. Post
    Yes I have tried out Session, but I prefer Skater XL. Session is much further along in the development cycle, many more features etc. Skater XL was more of a tech demo, but has modded content which makes for more replayability imo.

  7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    French court rules that gamers own and therefore are legally allowed to re-sell steam game licenses.
    Steam, furious, will appeal.

    https://wccftech.com/steam-resell-games-french-court/
    Should be interesting to see the outcome

  8. Post
    Decided to check out We Happy Few. Damn this is good. But man the loading times are a tad long. Should be a good game to play to kill some time while waiting for Link's Awakening from the uk.

  9. Post
    We happy few is good and bad at the same time it’s kinda sad.

    I won’t spoil anything but while i really enjoyed the start I couldn’t bring myself to finish it.

  10. Post
    I guess I'll find out while I'm playing through it. Lucky I found it via Game Pass and didn't buy it for $60 or so bucks. one of the good things about having a sub service is you can test out games to see if you like it or not.

  11. Post
    Thoughts? - https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...e-21st-century

    EEK!!! - I have played none of them!!!! --- what am I doing on here then? ... LOL!!!

  12. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    Thoughts? - https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...e-21st-century

    EEK!!! - I have played none of them!!!! --- what am I doing on here then? ... LOL!!!
    I've played 36 of them

  13. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    Thoughts? - https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...e-21st-century

    EEK!!! - I have played none of them!!!! --- what am I doing on here then? ... LOL!!!
    Author doesn't like JRPG's too much, not even one of the greats like FF9, FF10, DQ8, DQ11, Ni No Kuni made it? Also, putting FH1 in there instead of 2 or 4? No NFS games? SingStar makes the cut? Yikes...

  14. Post
    Been replaying the gears of war games since finishing Gears 5. The 1st game really doesn't hold up even the ultimate edition. The A.I computer controlled companions kept dying way too often makes you appreciate the advancements in modern A.I. It's a fun but dated experience for sure.

  15. Post
    Sing star and guitar hero 100% deserve to be there

  16. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    Sing star and guitar hero 100% deserve to be there
    The first 3 guitar heros at least.

  17. Post
    Theres no way GTA:SA shouldn't be on the list ahead of GTAIV & V & RDR1 should be there instead of RDR2. GTAV and RDR2 are just so scripted compared to the older games. They removed alot of the sandbox elements & randomness from the story missions. There was just so much more to do in GTA:SA compared to GTAV as well.

    I would also put HL1 above HL2. No way should MInecraft be #1 but then again I've never liked the game so could just be me. Bloodborne should be higher than Dark Souls although DS had a bigger impact so I guess that's fair enough. Skyrim is way too high imo for such a shallow RPG.

  18. Post
    Played 35 of those. Some interesting choices for sure, but really this is just a list made by two people. Differing opinions and all that.

  19. Post
    Just finished Ruiner. The soundtrack was awesome! Now onto Strange Brigade and that weird Void Bastards.

  20. Post


    I came across this. Has to be some sneaky pre-rendered stuff from MS. No PC could run that in a reasonable framerate.

  21. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Been replaying the gears of war games since finishing Gears 5. The 1st game really doesn't hold up even the ultimate edition. The A.I computer controlled companions kept dying way too often makes you appreciate the advancements in modern A.I. It's a fun but dated experience for sure.
    It's been a long time but my memories of Gears 1 was it had a sort of horror vibe going on - which went away in the future ones - did you get that at all? Been a long time as I say but that is my memory of it!

  22. Post
    koldz wrote:
    It's been a long time but my memories of Gears 1 was it had a sort of horror vibe going on - which went away in the future ones - did you get that at all? Been a long time as I say but that is my memory of it!
    Yea I can see that some of the later levels definitely had a horror vibe to them. And yea I agree the sequels lost what little horror vibe they had as they moved into a more action game direction.
    Last edited by Valeyard; 23rd September 2019 at 1:15 pm.

  23. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    Thoughts? - https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...e-21st-century

    EEK!!! - I have played none of them!!!! --- what am I doing on here then? ... LOL!!!
    I've played 18, and I'm disappointed that none of the Final Fantasy games (9 in particular) nor Gran Turismo (4) are on this list.

    Also, this list is the reason why I now own a Nintendo Switch; my boss saw Mario Kart on there and wondered how she could play it now that her Wii is dead. I went to the store to make sure she bought the right thing and ended up getting caught up in the moment.

  24. Post
    Colinnola wrote:
    I've played 18, and I'm disappointed that none of the Final Fantasy games (9 in particular) nor Gran Turismo (4) are on this list.

    Also, this list is the reason why I now own a Nintendo Switch; my boss saw Mario Kart on there and wondered how she could play it now that her Wii is dead. I went to the store to make sure she bought the right thing and ended up getting caught up in the moment.
    That's actually pretty awesome regarding about your boss that is.

    I'm chugging my way through Game Pass, I've noticed alot of them are indie games or games I've played ages ago. (It's weird when it comes to it. I've played so many games in the past year or so)

  25. Post
    Colinnola wrote:
    I've played 18, and I'm disappointed that none of the Final Fantasy games (9 in particular) nor Gran Turismo (4) are on this list.

    Also, this list is the reason why I now own a Nintendo Switch; my boss saw Mario Kart on there and wondered how she could play it now that her Wii is dead. I went to the store to make sure she bought the right thing and ended up getting caught up in the moment.
    Played 39 of them myself

    But yah, really odd to not see FF on there.