1. Post

2. Post
    ^ LOL at the reporting.

3. Post
    algroovy wrote:
    Can we use this pic in the New Zealand Herald? Can we call you to get the full story? It's a great pic and the story will be worth repeating.
    Please send me your email address, or phone numbers or you can call the New Zealand Herald picture desk on 093736041 or email [email protected]

Thanks
    Hi can you please call me regarding a job interview? I too myself find it incredibly easy to browse forums for news and then badly copy and paste everything into a so called "news article" therefore I feel I would be a good candidate for the job.

Thanks.

4. Post
    Mancubus should start bloody getting some $$$ if these news sites keep taking his picture and not giving him the credit. But Jesus Christ how easy is it to be a journalist trawl forums and social media rehash the article collect a pay check every week. They hardly have to do anything these days except rehash other people's articles.

5. Post
    Cheeps wrote:
    But Jesus Christ how easy is it to be a journalist trawl forums and social media rehash the article collect a pay check every week. They hardly have to do anything these days except rehash other people's articles.
    They also have to be able to use incorrect punctuation and grammar and have the ability to ignore spell check warnings before publishing. That takes some skill if you are a writer.

6. Post
    On the stuff image....MACUBUS

7. Post
    Yep I swear the stuff doesnt get proof read and they do the word spell checker then submit it online. I see mistakes every single day multiple times on stuff and the nz herald it's a joke.

8. Post
    at least whoever put it on reddit put your forum name. I'd be seething if some random had put it up.

9. Post
    They also say both sharks are great whites.

10. Post
    And at not one stage have I said it was my picture. My friend took it, I was approx 500km away at the time.

Crazy. At least the Herald asked permission.

11. Post
    Hah I was reading it on Stuff and then came straight to GP! LOL at the Dailymail story!

The fisherman, whose Reddit name is Mancubus, was probably pretty chuffed with his catch and daydreaming about a fish and chip dinner, with the shark firmly on the end of the line.
    AWESOME!

12. Post
    Obviously thedailymail = uk's version of stuff

Why let mere facts get in the way of a potential story...

13. Post
    Another HOF thread!

14. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    And at not one stage have I said it was my picture. My friend took it, I was approx 500km away at the time.

Crazy. At least the Herald asked permission.
    Out of curiosity what does your mate think about all of this?

15. Post
    kiwifella wrote:
    Out of curiosity what does your mate think about all of this?
    She's pissing herself laughing about it all. Quite chuffed actually. She's posting all the links on FB.

16. Post
    They need to be careful or they'll be sucked into the seedy world of the "vile web diary".

17. Post
    jakkeh wrote:
    GP not credited.
    Worse still... Stuff credits reddit with the post:

At least, in the burglary thread, Hana from NZHerald linked the thread and credited GP as the source.

18. Post
    voy1dnz wrote:
    Obviously thedailymail = uk's version of stuff
    except it has a lot of chicks in bikinis

19. Post
    The larger shark, also a Great White, had obviously decided he'd be the one to gobble the fish up.
    jaws all the way.

20. Post
    You got a re-tweet from Seth MacFarlane to 3 million odd followers

https://twitter.com/SethMacFarlane

21. Post
    bob69nz wrote:

God status. Definitely HOF material now.

22. Post
    Imgur and reddit given credit on HuffPost.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2381210.html

23. Post
    shits gone viral dawg

24. Post
    bob69nz wrote:

Holy effing shit!

Just heard there are more pics and an average quality video with lots of swearing. All have been sent to The Herald.

25. Post
    THIS IS THE WORLD