It just looks f**king weird like that.

2. Post
    DJ wrote:
    Y U PUT DPAD THERE?

It just looks f**king weird like that.
    I know, right? Looks too cumbersome.

3. Post
    DarkCypher wrote:
    would really like to see a controller with a different style.
    Why and how?

For me personally the DS is the almost perfect shape. It fits in my hands well. The button layout is logical, and the sticks are symmetrical just like my hands (well they're close enough to being symmetrical anyway). The only change I'd make would be to turn the L2/R2 buttons into triggers.

If anybody doesn't like the shape, plenty of third parties make aftermarket ones similar to the 360 one if that's your bag.

Black Plague*** wrote:
    My thought too.

If that's real, looks too fat, much like the Duke controller for the original Xbox lol
    God that thing gave me sore wrists from holding a big cumbersome brick for extended periods of time!

4. Post
    The current DS3 controller works well for both male and female gamers. So lets hope Sony is not coming up with some ridiculous big and heavy controller. I still own the original non dualshock PS3 controller (the one without the vibration function). For some games I prefer to use it instead of DS3 controller as it's lighter and battery charge last longer.

5. Post
    I have a feeling it will just be a DS3 with some touch sensitive inputs along the back.

6. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Yes/No?
    No start/select buttons? If there was a touchpad, I'd think it'd be on the back of the controller, not the front.

7. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Yes/No?
    Do not want.

8. Post
    17 more days, this wait is agony. Be pretty funny if the event does turn out to be for a vita redesign or something lol . Massive troll work from sony.

9. Post
    This might be the new controller. Interesing wording on the controller "Heatshock".

Read more at http://www.nextgenupdate.com/news/po...bXyL40sfAsQ.99

10. Post
    I'm not sold. What sort of accuracy are you likely to get from a touch pad that's so small?

Then there's the fact this is some randoms concept. I'll wait til I see something official from Sony.

11. Post
    No dobut everyone is waiting the official news from Sony. However it's always a bit of fun to see the things / šoncepts that folks came out with on the net. At least this new concept controller looks more realistic compared to the 'fat' controller version that Black Plague posted

12. Post
    mexi001 wrote:
    At least this new concept controller looks more realistic compared to the 'fat' controller version that Black Plague posted
    I'll give ya that!

13. Post
    Not sure why everyone thinks Sony will do away from the start/select buttons? How exactly do you get to the pause menu to change in-game options etc.?

14. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Not sure why everyone thinks Sony will do away from the start/select buttons? How exactly do you get to the pause menu to change in-game options etc.?
    Bingo. I'd noticed the lack of those too. I'd rather have Start/Select than a touchpad any day!

15. Post
    I'm not all that familiar on the touch pad for the Vita, but what would it's intended use be for on the PS4 controller?

16. Post
    I think it's primary use would be to gimp controls. I can't think of any other reason the DS would have it. But all the concept artists seem to have a hard on for the touchpad.

17. Post
    I think they will reveal a prototype then change the specs when Microsoft releases more info about the Xbox 720.

It will give them some time to collect PS community feedback.

18. Post
    Swiping through menus could work... not sure if something like that would be necessary, though.

19. Post
    The Defragger wrote:
    Doubt they can make any drastic changes this this far down into the development cycle as a response to a competitor. It's takes years of R&D to develop a console.
    Six-axis motion control was added in a matter of weeks as a response to Nintendo. Microsoft doubled the amount of RAM in the 360 at the end of the development cycle because of EPIC and Gears of War. Hell SEGA had to jam 3D into the Saturn at the end as a response to the orignal Playstation.

Until the Dev kits are out of beta stuff can still change.

20. Post
    bang ya dead wrote:
    Six-axis motion control was added in a matter of weeks as a response to Nintendo. Microsoft doubled the amount of RAM in the 360 at the end of the development cycle because of EPIC and Gears of War. Hell SEGA had to jam 3D into the Saturn at the end as a response to the orignal Playstation.

Until the Dev kits are out of beta stuff can still change.
    This is probably one reason why release games are not much better than the last gen graphically, as they have to be conservative with what the final hardware will actually be.

21. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    This is probably one reason why release games are not much better than the last gen graphically, as they have to be conservative with what the final hardware will actually be.
    Yeah, I think part of the problem is that we're unfortunate (or lucky depending on how you look at it) to be in the midst of a fairly significant transitional/evolutionary period in TV development.

We had 6 generations of consoles that were "limited" by 480i resolutions for PAL (704/720x480 interlaced), or 576i for NTSC.

I don't think it was until the 5th generation (PSX/N64) where games were really hitting the limits of PAL/NTSC resolution - when the start of 3D everything began. Before then, 480i/576i was more than enough.

So in less than a decade we've basically gone from 704/720x480 to 1920x1080, and it's looking like we may hit 3840x2160 as a common TV resolution before the end of the this decade. That's a LOT of pixels.

I think it's fair to say (some) people underestimated the significance of jumping from SD to HD.

22. Post
    what the hell is heat shock supposed to be? are we gonna get zapped when the controller vibrates lol

23. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    The tools developers have to work with are usually immature buggy nonsense. When the PS2 dev kits first came out developers were spending hours trying to work out how to turn the bastards thing on.

It's great having new consoles on the horizon isn't it?

24. Post
    mexi001 wrote:
    This might be the new controller. Interesing wording on the controller "Heatshock".
    Compared to the one on the last page, thats pretty sweet.

25. Post
    lorenzen wrote:
    what the hell is heat shock supposed to be? are we gonna get zapped when the controller vibrates lol
    Nah, it'll have an in built heater for those cold winter nights. Then if you start to drift off to sleep, it'll give just a little buzz to wake you up.