Next Gen Playstation ("PS4")

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 8,051 to 8,075 of 8226

1. Post
    Since I blocked the Japanese server in my router, yes I usually max out my 100mbps fibre connection

2. Post
    Fibre + PS4 is amazing. PS3 is helluva slow still though.

3. Post
    **** I hate buying games off the PS Store. Had $6 in my wallet so wanted to use it up to buy NFS Rivals which is on sale for $11.25 so I was like sweet I just need to spend another $5. Of course the ****en wallet auto topped up so I ended spending $10 of my own money & only $1.25 came off my wallet. I even unticked the auto top up option but the **** still auto topped up. What a piece of shit

4. Post
    The garbage tier on-console store app doesn't even let me add my payment details, be it credit card or Paypal. I thought it was a problem on my end... nope, it's them. I always have to use the website store or PlayStation mobile app (which is fine by me, they're leagues better than the on-console app!)

Gift cards are the only payment type that work for me with the on-console app.

5. Post
    No issues buying on console, or via PayPal. Have issues from buying off the site on a computer though.

6. Post
    Sony May Finally Allow PSN Name Changes
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/so.../1100-6456736/

If it's not technically feasible to change login names then just have a separate display name. Steam has been exactly like that since forever ago.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

7. Post
    PSN is using a very old database system, their own fault really

8. Post
    I kind of like that people can't change their names on PSN, makes it easier to avoid annoying players online.

9. Post
    When it comes to Steam the whole name change thing can be a bit annoying & make it hard to keep track of who's who since you can just change your name willy nilly. I have some peeps on my friends list who change their name every week so I have no idea who they are anymore lol.

Also sometimes when you search for a user you get multiple people with the same name.

10. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    When it comes to Steam the whole name change thing can be make it hard to keep track of who's who since you can just change your name willy nilly, especially if they change their name every week.

Also sometimes when you search for a user you get multiple people with the same name.
    And on steam, people have gotten wise to this shit

So now you get people joining servers in CS:GO and playing music or annoying sounds into their microphone

Easy to just mute them you say? Ha! They also figured out you can run background macros that automatically change your steam username every split second - so in game on the mute menus, their name is changing several times every second, and when you try to mute them it resets the mute option when it think its a different player so it becomes challenging

Maybe that bug has been fixed now, but I used to see this frequently in cs:go a year ago

11. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    When it comes to Steam the whole name change thing can be a bit annoying & make it hard to keep track of who's who since you can just change your name willy nilly. I have some peeps on my friends list who change their name every week so I have no idea who they are anymore lol.
    You know that you can add your own aliases for people on your Steam friends list, right?

12. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    You know that you can add your own aliases for people on your Steam friends list, right?
    I had no idea lol

13. Post
    Wonder why people never picked better names to begin with. *shrug*

14. Post
    jords wrote:
    Wonder why people never picked better names to begin with. *shrug*
    Yeah, I knew you couldn't change it beforehand, so chose an appropriate one.

15. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    can be done on battlenet as well which is useful as there are paid name changes

16. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    So Iím finally getting fibre this month. Just wondering those that have it what are psn speeds like do you max out your connection often?
    Mine's so inconsistent, will get anywhere from 30-180mbps, a speed which seems to change wildly by the second on the PS4 speed test.

17. Post
    So, what's everyone's thoughts about the supersampling mode on the Pro?

18. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    So Iím finally getting fibre this month. Just wondering those that have it what are psn speeds like do you max out your connection often?
    It varies. One of the main causes of slowdown for me now seems to be if a lot of people are downloading the same thing as you at the same time. ie. You preorder a digital game and you are downloading it on launch day at the same time as everyone else, then I imagine the servers at the other end are getting hammered but at all other times it's pretty good for me.

I didn't sit and watch my Dragonball FighterZ download so I don't know what speed it maxed out at but the full retail game downloaded in just over 8 mins.

19. Post
    That's true about single game download speeds being affected by server load, same thing happens on steam - when a new patch is released it usually downloads slow because of the server load being constrained

20. Post
    Did PSN just crap out for anyone else? Says maintenance is happening but Sony site is saying everything is fine...

21. Post
    Yup destiny 2 just went to poos. I mean, even more poos than usual.

22. Post
    I expected a PS5 announcement in 2019 and it's starting to look more likely

Sony has just filed a patent allowing a "new system" to be fully backwards compatible with older games, that means running them natively, not emulation

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/61121...mes/index.html

This also confirm what I expected, the PS5 will continue to use x86 chip design

23. Post
    So apparently dev kits have been with third party developers for a while?

24. Post
    Wouldnt surprise me, if it’s launching november 2019 at the earliest, then that means they only have under 2 years to get a AAA launch ready.

I’m predicting something from either naughty dog or Guerilla Games

25. Post
    3dfx_ownd_joo wrote:
    Wouldnt surprise me, if it’s launching november 2019 at the earliest, then that means they only have under 2 years to get a AAA launch ready.

I’m predicting something from either naughty dog or Guerilla Games
    Horizon: Zero Dawn 2? i'd be in for that