Bikes, want one.

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    A death wish isn't riding a bike. A death wish is riding a bike poorly.
    han16

2. Post
    vial wrote:
    gotta have a death wish riding a bike imho, even if you only crash due to bad luck/idiot drivers, stakes are high...
    I'd say most bike accidents are because of idiot drivers in cars.

I wouldn't say death wish, but you've definitely got to be totally aware of whats going on around you when on a bike.

3. Post
    MoNk wrote:
    Do not buy an expensive bike for your first. Especially not a CBR250RR MC22. You will die. (banned for L platers anyway?)
    MC22's are not banned for learners. Was the first bike I ever bought and i'd only ever ridden for 30mins on a GN150 in a carpark before I hopped on that beast. (and i'm still alive )

4. Post
    han16 wrote:
    A death wish isn't riding a bike. A death wish is riding a bike poorly.
    No, its a death wish IMO.

Far too many idiots on the road for my liking.

Its one of the reasons I got my skyline over a CBR600RR

5. Post
    pussy^RRrrrrr

6. Post
    MarksoN wrote:

Funny, it doesn't' feel that way too me.
    han16

7. Post
    Several good riders I know have dropped their bikes due to weird circumstances, one did a u turn and his front wheel caught a tiny bit of gravel. Tore his RH peg off and had to lean his foot on the fsiring for the ride home.
    I've had one off, going at a decent clip around a familiar corner, and encountered a huge patch of diesel/oil, was sliding along the road before I could even try to tighten my Line. Had the suspension bottom out mid corner and get thrown in the wrong lane. Luckily for the pillion and I there was noone around. Locked the front wheel stopping quickly, only kept it up because I instinctively kicked the ground to keep it up.
    my point is, it can happen to anyone, no matter how good you think you are.
    btw nice mc22, even if it isn't a real blade

8. Post
    baffa wrote:
    btw nice mc22, even if it isn't a real blade
    It's my favorite of all the stock fairing colourings they came in
    I want to change the Fireblade to Babyblade decals in the same font. I think babyblade suits them better anyways.

Suspension bottom out mid corner, stuff that.

I've had a drum brake 'lock' on me coming up to a set of lights, the cable decided to seize (reasonably new cable too) and had to just ride home without that brake after removing it from the drum on the side of the road. Lucky for me the guy in a 4wd behind me was nice enough to help me lift the to the sidewalk so I could work on it, because there was no way I was moving it by myself. haha.

9. Post
    I dont ride a bike cause I want to die. If I had a death wish there are plenty of easier ways to kill myself.

There are very high chances you will crash/drop your bike first while learning. Espeacially once your confidence improves and you start to push the bikes and your boundries. If you are just going to ride 5km to work and back everyday in the suburbs, then you may get through with out dropping it.

I dropped my first bike so many times that everyone started to call me Crash, learnt my limits and haven't dropped a bike since.

10. Post
    han16 wrote:
    Funny, it doesn't' feel that way too me.
    Do you not drive in New Zealand around people?

11. Post
    XclueD wrote:
    MC22's are not banned for learners. Was the first bike I ever bought and i'd only ever ridden for 30mins on a GN150 in a carpark before I hopped on that beast. (and i'm still alive )
    Ah cool. I thought it was one of a prohibited lams models.

For references, prohibited;

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/licence/gett.../lams-list.pdf
    RS250
    NSR250
    KR1/KR250
    RGV250
    TZR250

12. Post
    I used to love riding my bike..then I decided it was a risk I just was not willing to take anymore.
    Just too easy for someone else to kill you.

13. Post
    Is it just me or everyone just forgot the fact that you cant ride 250cc+ motorbike on learners. You can only ride upto 250cc thats it.

Ah nvm, just read new rules.

14. Post
    My first bike, Best bike ever

Attached Images

15. Post
    Why in the bloody world they approving 600cc motorbikes for learners? Are they trying to kill all the learners in nz?

16. Post
    It's weight : power

Eg: 600c bike weighing 1737235kg isn't going to be the same as a 300cc bike weighing 100kg.

17. Post
    harshsmith wrote:
    Why in the bloody world they approving 600cc motorbikes for learners? Are they trying to kill all the learners in nz?
    the 600's approved make roughly the same power as my 250, if anything all they get is more torque from the larger engine being bigger, so they cant go out and do 250kmh, but they have a bit more torque so you aren't a liability in other places if the need arises

18. Post
    Its power to weight...

19. Post
    harshsmith wrote:
    My first bike, Best bike ever

is that a RS250?

If so thats a beast man!!.

No way is it learner legal though.

Anyways, has OP made a decision yet on what bike hes gonna get?

20. Post
    My first bike was a Honda CBR125R haha moved onto a 250R Ninja for abit... Now I'm after a Honda CBR250R

250 is more then enough power for me

21. Post
    MarksoN wrote:

You're not truly living unless you're tickling the ballsack of death. **** the police

22. Post
    toM > wrote:
    My first bike was a Honda CBR125R haha moved onto a 250R Ninja for abit... Now I'm after a Honda CBR250R

250 is more then enough power for me
    Considering I'm 30 this year and still riding 250s. I can't really see myself going bigger. As much as one day I kind of want to own a Hayabusa, I'd be way too scared to ride it due to it's size (both power & weight)

My father has a Ducati Monster 750, and despite it being a small bike for how much power it produces (similar ride height to CBR and doesn't weigh much more), I just didn't feel right sitting on it.

23. Post
    Jedateach wrote:
    Considering I'm 30 this year and still riding 250s. I can't really see myself going bigger. As much as one day I kind of want to own a Hayabusa, I'd be way too scared to ride it due to it's size (both power & weight)

My father has a Ducati Monster 750, and despite it being a small bike for how much power it produces (similar ride height to CBR and doesn't weigh much more), I just didn't feel right sitting on it.
    You are not gonna die even if you sit on R1 you know. Its how you ride a bike matters but not which bike you ride. You can go crazy on 50cc bike and hit oncoming truck and also you can ride a R1 but responsibly like every other road user. Im riding for about 6 years and never been into any kind of accident or road trouble.

24. Post
    eSOL wrote:
    is that a RS250?

If so thats a beast man!!.

No way is it learner legal though.

Anyways, has OP made a decision yet on what bike hes gonna get?

Yes it is

25. Post
    eSOL wrote:
    Hmmm I seem to misunderstand dropping the bike. Dropping is different to crashing. I'm saying dropping as in when it drops while not moving. Crashing is a different point.

And Yea avoid them ****in painted arrows and strips on the road. Slippery as!
    Dropping a bike is a low speed crash. It can imply that you can step off and stay upright too.

Dropped my dirt bike something like a thousandty times. Haven't had any problems on the road bike, but it's only 130kg, so I can wrestle it a bit if I have to.