Bikes, want one.

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2475

1. Post
    I've had similar things happen to car semislicks at the track. A lot of heat and some rubber picked off the track.

2. Post
    darkness_nz wrote:
    No deep tearing. Just what you see there, with the trailing edges of the grooves wadding up like you see. Didn't see any other tyres doing it that badly. Though my grooves go to the edge. Most others had a slick section along there.
    Looks like you have both a rebound and dampening issue, Youre showing signs of both rebound being too fast and too slow. Plus watching you mid corner the bikes going up and down. I dont have the answer for you because i havnt done it in a long time but do something to stop that pogoing.

3. Post
    Well I sold my car and replaced with a Prius and a 2018 Suzukii GSX150 with only only 1300 km's.
    The dude was awesome and chucked in helmet, gloves and jacket/pants for an extra $100. All up was $2300, so can't complain.

Everything was pretty much brand new so figured it should be a easy as bike to learn on. Currently keeping at my parents until I'm confident enough to ride it back home to Muriwai.

4. Post
    https://roadracingnews.co.uk/mds-bac...-for-tyco-bmw/

Michael Dunlop's back riding Tyco BMW's new S1000RR superbikes for this years road racing season. He hasn't announced his plans for the other classes yet but I'm guessing he will be building his own MD Racing supersport/superstock bikes again.

Should be an interesting TT this year. MD, Hicky and Harrison should all be fighting for wins like they did last year. Anstey and McPint will be back, and Hutchy will be fully fit again.

5. Post
    Got a new one. Pics forthcoming.

6. Post
    Anyone Christchurch ways keen for a day ride mid next week? Akaroa? Summit? West Coast?

7. Post
    Got out for 30 mins last night in the low light first time since I bought it last week, The GSX150 is really light and real easy to ride, just took it around the back streets of Lynfield for a few laps with almost no traffic. Did a few starts and stops etc. 50-60kmh was real easy to handle but I think going to 80-100 will take a bit more time on the seat. Bummer that i only get 30 mins here or there on a Tuesday to get on it.

8. Post
    It's a bit of a step to get to established riding gear, but then you' be out 'erry day

9. Post
    Another NC30!

Bought this one off a fellow enthusiast who isn't riding as much lately. A few scuffs on the fairings, but mechanically mint, and with the very hard to find HRC full exhaust system.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190204_101757.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	321.4 KB 
ID:	224957

10. Post
    Nice !

11. Post
    The guy who runs Motorbikes for Sale NZ on Facebook tried to sell it (people offered him up to $30, then he responded that he was offered $7,000 last time at which point everyone laughed), got no bites then shut it down.

So I've just started another one if there's any lost souls out there who don't want to pay TradeMe fees.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/566014433873759/

Going to do things slightly differently and try to reduce the garbage like, "Free - Looking for offers" and "$1 - Wanting $7000" and cut down on the annoying non-selling posts.

12. Post
    I'll sign up, currently looking for an entertaining project to dump some time into.

13. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    193 members in less than 24 hours isn't too bad

14. Post
    EZAS wrote:
    193 members in less than 24 hours isn't too bad
    Yeah, hopefully it picks up further. For this kind of stuff a bigger population means more options and it will be genuinely good to have an environment where it's easy to find what you want, without getting flooded with garbage posts and cliffhangers (Free or $1 posts wanting offers).

If it turns out alright then I'll make like a Car one, and similar which is why I gave it a name at the beginning, so people can search for that and be safe in the knowledge they're joining a group where all the garbage is filtered out first.

I hate having shit like this pop up on my newsfeed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ugh.PNG 
Views:	40 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	225169

15. Post
    New clutch for the 999. Old one wasn't slipping but the clutch basket was knackered and was sticking in gear. Also found the OEM pressure plate was cracking.

Also did oil and plugs at the same time. Had to buy an extra thin wall socket for the plugs.

16. Post
    Dry clutch?

17. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    Dry clutch?
    Yup. Not overly a fan of the rattle they have, but don't really have a choice. Also I do run it covered, none of this open clutch cover crap for me.

18. Post
    darkness_nz wrote:
    Yup. Not overly a fan of the rattle they have, but don't really have a choice. Also I do run it covered, none of this open clutch cover crap for me.
    How much?

Mine's as noisy as.

19. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    How much?

Mine's as noisy as.
    Basket, plates, and pressure plate kit totalled to just over $800 I think.

20. Post
    darkness_nz wrote:
    Basket, plates, and pressure plate kit totalled to just over $800 I think.
    St4 uses the 998 motor, so probably about the same.

Did you do it yourself?

21. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    St4 uses the 998 motor, so probably about the same.

Did you do it yourself?
    Yeah, with someone that has Ducati experience advising. Wasn't that hard though, just need the correct tools (clutch tool mainly) and torque specs, and it's straightforward. Other than making sure the clutch is bled properly, which can be a bit tricky.

And yeah the 998 motor is pretty much the same as mine.

22. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    How much?

Mine's as noisy as.
    You can shim them a bit, I think father used an old plate or something. It also helps slow basket wear.

23. Post
    So my Truimph got written off by insurance. New bike. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190302_142626.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	225381

24. Post
    guv wrote:
    So my Truimph got written off by insurance. New bike.
    Is the loose seal all the way around, or just in bits?

25. Post
    Anyone doing the Mega Motorcycles Have-a-go day in April at Ruapuna?