Bikes, want one.

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 2,476 to 2,487 of 2487

1. Post
    Bought myself an R1 two months ago, finally got it out on the track in the weekend.
    I haven't had time to get used to the bike yet so it wasn't very pretty, I was doing identical lap times on my R1 and Duke 390

It's an old girl, a 2002. Very tidy example and has full service history from new

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R1.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	212.6 KB 
ID:	225953

2. Post
    Nice one, aren't those things ridiculously more powerful than the 390? Is it just a time thing that you'll get used to what it can do.

I just accidentally another bike as I just don't feel safe on the 150 when I ring the throttle and slow down on the 100km roads so picked up a 2018 Blue GSX250R For a hell of a price.

I didn't manage to give it a good test ride as it was raining, but the angled handlebars are a massive difference from the straight bars my one has, that'll take me a while to get used to in the corners. So it'll be a slow ride home when I pick it up.

So the 150 is now on TM

3. Post
    Lemieux_66 wrote:
    Nice one, aren't those things ridiculously more powerful than the 390? Is it just a time thing that you'll get used to what it can do.
    More than 3 times the power,152hp at the crank, it does 136kmh in first.
    I'm reasonably used to it, I have no issues getting my knee down on the track but it's the smaller things I struggle with. The riding position, like you've mentioned when moving to your 250, is a lot different.

Those little GSX250 are nice, great little bikes. Definitely look like bigger bikes than they are.
    I'll be investing in something like that near the end of the year when I get my car license sorted and will get a track dedicated bike.
    Last edited by jdz; 30th April 2019 at 6:11 pm.

4. Post
    I've taken the bike in 5/5 days this week and I fn love it, I've got the hang of the added weight and the width now.

It still takes me 45-50 minutes to work and about 50ish home, but its all moving and I get to help the misses with get the little one ready in the mornings, I can't believe I haven't done this sooner

I'm actually going to be devastated when I have to get in my car next (probably whatever day it rains)

5. Post
    Yeah used to love communing on bike, only 15-20min trip but did it in most weather conditions and it saved me much time and money. Some jobs you just can't practically use a bike though which is one of the reason i haven't ridden in years, but will again one day though

6. Post
    If you've got decent wet weather gear and somewhere to store it/hang to dry during day, riding distances in the wet isn't really that much of a hindrance, imo. Worst case I usually take a spare pair of socks in case water gets inside boot. I find it more hassle to put on wet weather gear for short trips lol

7. Post
    Northwest 200 on this week, and the TT in 2 weeks time.
    Jay Lawrence will be riding for Buildbase Hawk Racing Suzuki in the Superbike/Superstock races at the TT. Interesting to see how he goes, he did pretty well at the Classic TT last year.

8. Post
    Headcrab wrote:
    Northwest 200 on this week, and the TT in 2 weeks time.
    Jay Lawrence will be riding for Buildbase Hawk Racing Suzuki in the Superbike/Superstock races at the TT. Interesting to see how he goes, he did pretty well at the Classic TT last year.
    Very excited for this!
    Apparently Daniel Mettam is quite the road racer as well, I had no idea.

9. Post
    Yeah he did some of the Irish road races last year. Think hes doing the Supersport TT this year.

10. Post
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/north...eland/48187693

NW200 livestream for anyone who might be interested

11. Post
    TT Schedule for people living in the stone age and using Sky

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sky schedule.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	226172

12. Post
    Thanks for that.

Sky have no idea what the IOM TT is about.

If they have, you can't tell from the program info.