Bikes, want one.

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 2,551 to 2,555 of 2555

1. Post
    jdz wrote:
    That's a super cool one.
    I saw a few in town the other day at a EV store and I was shocked at the price and some of the components, a lot of extremely outdated and cheap mountain bike components.

A friend of mine recently sent in a letter to the Christchurch City Council with a proposal to build a motocross track in the Red Zone for electric dirtbikes.
    Yeah, as a fellow biker I noticed the shit tier components on them. For the same price you could get a well designed and high spec'd e-mtb - but then again they are only pedal assisted up to 32KM/h and not a knock-off e-motorbike that you can just twist the throttle on.

Only problem I see with that red zone proposal would be policing it, as what is going to stop petrol powered dirtbikes from using it?

Osiry wrote:
    That's not too bad, as long as the battery life is reasonable. What's the estimated life on the battery?
    Not sure, it apparently uses high quality Panasonic PF Cells, so should be decent - it is $1600 USD for a replacement battery from the manufacturer, I don't know what they charge for a replacement/spare here.

2. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Only problem I see with that red zone proposal would be policing it, as what is going to stop petrol powered dirtbikes from using it?
    I guess there'd need to be strict laws, or maybe even make it unsuitable for conventional dirt bikes? Possible even have it as a closed off area and have a shop/admin block there? It's definitely a tough one.

3. Post
    Took my Mums Ninja 400 out for a ride yesterday, very capable little bike (With any luck It'll be mine soon and will become a race bike) but damn the clutch is far to light. Slips at 140kmh in 6th, can't wheelie because it slips. Hopefully the 1000km service will sort that out.

edit - Google says it's a common occurance

4. Post
    Good to see Brice Anstey back on a bike and going fast.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/motorsport/49401658

5. Post
    Doing a ride forever bronze course on Sunday. Anyone done this before?