Bikes, want one.

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 1 of 100 12341151 ... Last

1. Post

Bikes, want one.

So getting my learners very shortly and have more coins than brains soooo.

I want this: http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-518030646.htm

What do? Black is

2. Post
    Ew.

Those new ninjas are ****in gutless bro.

CBR250RR MC22
    ZXR250
    or yami equivalent

Try get 1989 - 1993 (before they were slower due to emissions or some shit)

I have a 1990 CBR250RR MC22. Its awesome being the fastest learner on the road

3. Post
    eSOL wrote:
    Ew.

Those new ninjas are ****in gutless bro.

CBR250RR MC22
    ZXR250
    or yami equivalent

Try get 1989 - 1993 (before they were slower due to emissions or some shit)

Sounds like you haven't rode a ninja 300.

Besides the purpose of a learner bike is not speed and power but education and confidence.
    han16

4. Post
    But will it go 300 down the southern?

5. Post
    in tow with a tail wind
    han16

6. Post
    han16 wrote:
    Besides the purpose of a learner bike is not speed and power but education and confidence.

Yea that saying is only true for the first week of riding.

Mate bought a Ninja EX250r. 2 weeks later? wanting to upgrade.

As for OP. Id recommend heading to Cyclespot (barrys point road)

Theres a CBR250rr MC22 there for 5.5k. Take it for a test ride brow then you can compare it to the ninja 300 (assuming they let you test ride it)

7. Post
    Go search Kiwi Biker, thousands of threads on this. Do you have any other biking experience? If you have lots of cash to throw around you might even want to consider the new LAMS Ducati

Edit: Also anyone that pays $5k+ for a 20yo 250cc 4 stroke is a fool. Don't do it!

8. Post
    Basically zero riding experience other than toying around.

No idea where barrys point is? I assume auckland lol? I'm in napier.

I'd rather not spend 12094381902479178924$ on a ducati lol.

Limit is 10k for learner bike and then 20k+w/e i can sell my learner bike for once i get my full.

9. Post
    Holy shit 10k is heaps for a learner bike. Might ad well get a 250 ninja for around 5k and save the difference. Don't think you'll notice it anyways.

10. Post
    eSOL wrote:
    Holy shit 10k is heaps for a learner bike. Might ad well get a 250 ninja for around 5k and save the difference. Don't think you'll notice it anyways.

11. Post
    More coins than brains lol.

12. Post
    10k was a lot for the ninja but it is a bloody good bike with a warranty, digital speedo/fuel guage /clock electronic fuel inj and a super smooth gearbox. Aside from the tiresome break in period owning a new ninja 300 has been an absolute joy. Also consider the SE edition as it should hold its value better than a black or white one a year or so on.
    han16

13. Post
    /uselesscomment: knowing nothing about bikes, that does look pretty nice

14. Post
    Hyosungs do not have the build quality of jappers. Don't spend too much on a 250, because its often wasted money when you upgrade.

15. Post
    han16 wrote:
    10k was a lot for the ninja but it is a bloody good bike with a warranty, digital speedo/fuel guage /clock electronic fuel inj and a super smooth gearbox. Aside from the tiresome break in period owning a new ninja 300 has been an absolute joy. Also consider the SE edition as it should hold its value better than a black or white one a year or so on.
    I understand just like with cars, buying something new is going to result in 1/4 of the value leaving as I drive off the lot. I think i need to drive the SE one to see how I like it, I guess that is the main thing with bikes? I'm roughly 5"6 so the taller bikes would definitely cause issues lol.

16. Post
    Have a look at the 250 honda hornet and bandit. They can be had for about $3k and are great bikes, 4 cyl though and generally older so more $ for service.

Honda VTR is a nice vtwin. Otherwise the trusty ninja, looks cool rides well and easy to maintain

17. Post
    baffa wrote:
    Hyosungs do not have the build quality of jappers. Don't spend too much on a 250, because its often wasted money when you upgrade.
    Im interested in getting a bike aswell and have also had this advice. Stick to Japaneese

18. Post
    The Ninja 300 is a good learners' bike, but you have about a 95% likelihood of dropping your first bike. I recommend getting something cheap and cheerful, and cranking through your licences as quickly as possible, and upgrading when you get your full.

19. Post
    ^that.

20. Post
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    Basically zero riding experience other than toying around.
    Do not buy an expensive bike for your first. Especially not a CBR250RR MC22. You will die. (banned for L platers anyway?)
    Get yourself a GN250 or similar. They retain their value for a resale in 6-12 months time.

Also, check out Youtube for reviews and comparisons. Because there isn't a lot of choice compared with cars, you have heaps of videos.

Eg:

21. Post
    GaR wrote:
    The Ninja 300 is a good learners' bike, but you have about a 95% likelihood of dropping your first bike. I recommend getting something cheap and cheerful, and cranking through your licences as quickly as possible, and upgrading when you get your full.
    Good point, so you recommend dropping 5k~ on a learner bike and adding the additional 5k to offset onroad costs / gears?

22. Post
    GN250 look shit imo, might as well add pink tassels to them.

Just spend 5K on a second hand CBR / Ninja 250 and 5K on mint gear that you will still use on your 20K bike.

23. Post
    Corruptfacta wrote:
    GN250 look shit imo
    Of course it looks shit. It's about upskilling. But if LA is wanting a real sports bike as his first, he'll get one . Just be careful.

24. Post
    eSOL wrote:
    That's cute

When it comes to bike discussion this forum always seems to go full retard.

25. Post
    I agree, but you just posted a picture of a FZR....