Bikes, want one.

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2558

1. Post
    NiNjA-Keeley wrote:
    My MT-03 is on trademe now. I'll do a GP deal if anyone is keen.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=2182735600
    nice bike, i had exactly the same. went to Triumph St Triple, wrote that off and now on a BMW GS

2. Post
    My brother just bought this - he can **** off tbh

3. Post
    aarOn-afk wrote:
    My brother just bought this - he can **** off tbh

He's parking on your yellow line right?

Sweet bike btw.

4. Post
    I think it is the bike shops yellow line, but yeah, insanely jealous

5. Post
    Pfft, not even a 1299 or 1199. Lil girls bike

(Yeah **** your brother, I'm also super jealous)

6. Post
    Getting about 32-33 KM/L on the 250 which is keeping me happy which still keeping me up with the speed limit.

I thought I was getting a bit lazy on the turns or maybe the tyres were not liking the colder outside temps, but went to the gas station and found the rear was running at 22PSI not the recommended 36PSI Promplty upped that and it felt like new again.

It's getting a little harder to pop into neutral at the lights etc now. What's best practice anyways? 1st gear/clutch in at the lights or Neutral then change to first when they go green?

7. Post
    Lemieux_66 wrote:
    Getting about 32-33 KM/L on the 250 which is keeping me happy which still keeping me up with the speed limit.

I thought I was getting a bit lazy on the turns or maybe the tyres were not liking the colder outside temps, but went to the gas station and found the rear was running at 22PSI not the recommended 36PSI Promplty upped that and it felt like new again.

It's getting a little harder to pop into neutral at the lights etc now. What's best practice anyways? 1st gear/clutch in at the lights or Neutral then change to first when they go green?
    Get yourself a tyre gauge [the little battery ones are the good] and check your pressures once a week or so. Pressures are much more important on your bike than a car.

I don't usually shift into neutral at the lights for the reasons you mention.

8. Post
    If I know how that particular set of lights works and I'll be sitting there for a bit, I'll chuck it in neutral.
    Regarding getting the bike into neutral, some bikes are just shit for this, especially brand new bikes. I rode a Monster that was impossible to get into neutral unless the bike was turned off. It will probably become easier over time

9. Post
    As Zarkov mentioned, pressures are critical on bikes. Lose a few psi on the front and you'll be running wider coming out of corners, and a hard tyre will be jittery with a decreased contact patch.
    The crappy little battery operated gauges from eBay and the like will do the trick, I think mine cost me about $5.

10. Post
    jdz wrote:
    If I know how that particular set of lights works and I'll be sitting there for a bit, I'll chuck it in neutral.
    Regarding getting the bike into neutral, some bikes are just shit for this, especially brand new bikes. I rode a Monster that was impossible to get into neutral unless the bike was turned off. It will probably become easier over time
    Ducatis are a little prone to that. Particularly the dry clutch versions like mine. Though it can be to do with the height of the clutch plate stack. I need to adjust my new clutch because I'm facing it as a problem at the moment.

11. Post
    darkness_nz wrote:
    Ducatis are a little prone to that. Particularly the dry clutch versions like mine. Though it can be to do with the height of the clutch plate stack. I need to adjust my new clutch because I'm facing it as a problem at the moment.
    I like to down shift to first while I'm still moving, come to a stop, and then it usually goes into neutral no problem.

It gets harder when you stop in any other gear, and worse still if you accidentally stall it, since mine won't start in gear.

12. Post
    Hey guys, my Mum unfortunately is getting a divorce and is stuck in a situation where she needs to sell her bike to put towards the mortgage. She hasn't come up with a price yet but it's a 2019 Ninja 400 Special Edition, it has about 70kms on it.
    Her partner rode it home and shes done roughly 1hr of carpark stuff and that's it.

Unfortunately she did drop it when she slipped on gravel once, but it's only minor cosmetic stuff.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mumsninja.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	294.7 KB 
ID:	226528

13. Post
    Picked up a White 2019 KTM Duke 390 after wanting one for a few years.

Had a 250 Hornet after passing my L 7 years ago but sold it prior to the LAMS changes. House and kids followed after that and only just managed to get back into riding. Impressed to see all the new rider training initiatives and looking forward to getting involved with those.

Name:	duke390.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	535.3 KB 
ID:	226612

14. Post
    ive got the previous model. Great commuting bikes.

15. Post
    Elgaria wrote:
    ive got the previous model. Great commuting bikes.
    I have a 150km commute each day (round trip) across the Remutaka's. Looking forward to summer, that's for sure.

16. Post
    Flannel wrote:
    Picked up a White 2019 KTM Duke 390 after wanting one for a few years.

Had a 250 Hornet after passing my L 7 years ago but sold it prior to the LAMS changes. House and kids followed after that and only just managed to get back into riding. Impressed to see all the new rider training initiatives and looking forward to getting involved with those.

Name:	duke390.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	535.3 KB 
ID:	226612
    Nice bike man, I had the 2017.
    Unfortunately that particular model was absolutely riddled with issues and I had all of them. I'm glad to hear that they've all been rectified in the 2018 and 2019 versions.

Here's the piston from my 390

Name:	390.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	226630
    That's a valve through the top of it
    KTM Replaced the engine and then I sold the bike, it was replaced with a 2018 engine and the new owner has had absolutely no issues at all.
    It's such a good bike

17. Post
    Ouch! Fingers crossed they have everything sorted nowadays.
    Huge grin so far, much more nimble and usable than the hornet. Just need to finish running in which is a bit laborious.

18. Post
    My laptimes were only 10 seconds slower on my Duke than on my R1, originally.
    That's changed now but man, the bike is just great for everything. I found the suspension to be a bit soggy, I'd recommend upping the preload in the rear and potentially a thicker oil in the front if you weigh anymore that 75kgs. Makes a world of difference when being ridden in a spirited manner.

19. Post
    jdz wrote:
    if you weigh anymore that 75kgs. Makes a world of difference when being ridden in a spirited manner.
    Cheers. I am well under 75, certainly stiff enough for me so far but still taking it pretty easy.

20. Post
    I've been riding the Ninja 400 around for a few weeks and It's really made me appreciate the punch the 390 had down low.
    The 390 has so much more torque compared to the R3 and ninja 400

21. Post
    I've been wistfully looking at other bikes recently, and thinking that maybe I want to go back to something bigger and more modern.
    Swapped bikes with a couple of friends on some recent rides (Z750 and ZX6R) and I have rediscovered the love for my little NC30.
    The ZX6R felt like a boat compared to the NC30, and while it has about 40 more horsepower, it was not nearly as fun to ride.
    Agile high revving lower CC bikes are (for me at least) the most fun you can have on two wheels.

22. Post
    Osiry wrote:
    I've been wistfully looking at other bikes recently, and thinking that maybe I want to go back to something bigger and more modern.
    Swapped bikes with a couple of friends on some recent rides (Z750 and ZX6R) and I have rediscovered the love for my little NC30.
    The ZX6R felt like a boat compared to the NC30, and while it has about 40 more horsepower, it was not nearly as fun to ride.
    Agile high revving lower CC bikes are (for me at least) the most fun you can have on two wheels.
    I've not ridden an older high revving "small" bike, but I can kind of relate. I feel like I had more fun riding my 390 and I was able to push a bit harder with it.

I love the NC30, I think they're awesome bikes to look at and I imagine they ride great.
    The swing arm is bomb. I have a friend who owns one but it's not in great condition. I'd love to buy one eventually.

23. Post
    Osiry wrote:
    The most fun and scariest bike I've ever ridden was my kx80 bored and stroked with a bunch of upgrades to exhaust and every moving part that aided hp. The thing was an absolute demon and once powerband kicked in it was near impossible to hold on.
    Blew my bikes like rmz450,250 and my yz 125 and 250s out of the water.

I agree smaller more revvy engines are much more fun especially on the road too.

24. Post
    Not long ago kid on a 390 smoked all of us at the track on our 1000+ bikes. He kept crashing too but left us for dust when he wasnt in the kitty litter.

25. Post
    1000km service booked in and heated grips going on to combat these cold mornings (got the UK Advanced spec Oxfords from Amazon).
    Bring on all the revs. No drama's so far.