Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post

Red Wing Boots

Hi fashion guys

I've been seeing pairs of red wing 875's around and am really keen to get a pair.

Any idea where you can get them? I'm aware of a store in auckland who stocks them but would prefer to order overseas.

Attached Images

2. Post
    Really want the Iron Rangers but I'm too poor

Been to a few stores that stock them in Auckland, the mark up is ****ed. There are sometimes very good sales on Amazon US - lowest I've seen is $180; less common shoe sizes are often reduced.

3. Post
    Conebeast wrote:
    Really want the Iron Rangers but I'm too poor

Been to a few stores that stock them in Auckland, the mark up is ****ed. There are sometimes very good sales on Amazon US - lowest I've seen is $180; less common shoe sizes are often reduced.
    Ohh those Iron Rangers are very cool. I'm pretty fussy with how boots look with jeans etc, both the IR & 875's are a pretty substantial boot. Can you recommend/suggest anything that's in between? Not quite so high/big?

Also, what stores stock them in Auckland that you know of?

4. Post
    Personally not a fan of the moc toe but that's just me.

These are pretty similar to Iron Rangers, but I really like the look of the L.L. Bean Katahdin's, and they have great reviews.

5. Post
    Also, does anyone know of retailers in Wellington that stock Red Wing etc? Need some boots for winter and would like to figure out sizing for my stupid fat feet.

6. Post
    @Conebeast: Where abouts in Auckland have you found the Iron Rangers? I've had a cursory look online for NZ stockists but haven't really found shit.
    I'd buy online but if I'm going to be dropping six to seven hundy on a pair of (albeit beautiful) boots, then I'd rather try them on first to make sure they fit well.

7. Post
    Shiny, OK? wrote:
    @Conebeast: Where abouts in Auckland have you found the Iron Rangers? I've had a cursory look online for NZ stockists but haven't really found shit.
    I'd buy online but if I'm going to be dropping six to seven hundy on a pair of (albeit beautiful) boots, then I'd rather try them on first to make sure they fit well.
    Try in store, buy online - best way to save money and make sure you get exactly what you're after.

If you cant find the exact boot, maybe other cuts will have the same sizing (maybe close enough to place a confident order anyways)

Edit: Does shedfive sell them ?

Edit2: http://www.shedfive.co.nz/# - looks like they might, give em a ring 09 366 1515.

8. Post
    nah shedfive don't do them, they mucked me around saying they'd get back to me. Never did. Called earlier and said it's a nogo~

Would iron rangers make good trekking boots? Suitable for travel/lots of walking?

9. Post
    flask wrote:
    Would iron rangers make good trekking boots? Suitable for travel/lots of walking?
    They're really not made for trekking. See the soles:

Also while they have a reputation for handling a lot of wear, I'm pretty sure that's day-to-day city wear. For trekking you'd want something which could take a bit more of a beating.

10. Post
    I came to this thread because i thought it was gonna be about Sonic the Hedgehog shoes

11. Post
    Thinking about picking up a pair of these. Tried them on over the weekend and they're pretty sweet. Just a bit darker than I was originally looking for.

12. Post
    Hmm I'm about to order some Wolverine 1000 Mile boots from the US, looking like it'll cost me $410 NZD - Reckon I will be charged duty fees etc? Going by http://www.importduty.co.nz/ I'll have to pay $140 :/

Attached Images

13. Post
    flask wrote:
    Hmm I'm about to order some Wolverine 1000 Mile boots from the US, looking like it'll cost me $410 NZD - Reckon I will be charged duty fees etc? Going by http://www.importduty.co.nz/ I'll have to pay $140 :/
    Email and see if they will declare below the threshold? al ot of places do because they want the sale

14. Post
    Ooo looks like I'm picking up a new pair of these ;D excite!

Attached Images

15. Post
    Awesome. Let us know how they size up.

16. Post
    Here's a bit of a bad pic of them on. Beautiful boots, love them. (soz bad resize)

I'm a 11.5 in most brands. I purchased size 11, I MAY have been able to size down .5 again.. but may have been a bit tight around the sides. Glad I went with 11. They're have a very high quality finish.. Will be with me for many years I hope! Really glad I went with the Rockford editions and not the Originals. I think the RF's have more character with the toecap.

Attached Images

17. Post
    flask wrote:
    Here's a bit of a bad pic of them on. Beautiful boots, love them. (soz bad resize)

I'm a 11.5 in most brands. I purchased size 11, I MAY have been able to size down .5 again.. but may have been a bit tight around the sides. Glad I went with 11. They're have a very high quality finish.. Will be with me for many years I hope! Really glad I went with the Rockford editions and not the Originals. I think the RF's have more character with the toecap.
    Nice. Where did you buy them from? Did you end up paying duty fees?

18. Post
    Those are ****ing cool.

Keen for some Stacy Adams Madison boots in white, they do a wide foot size as well.

19. Post
    I ended up finding a good seller on eBay, found out he had his own online store. Made an offer privately and went from there. He was more than happy to devalue the package, didn't get charged any customs/duty charges as the package was only valued at less than $100.

The boots had literally been worn once and I bought them for $150USD. Cost me $250NZD inc shipping.

Was very lucky to come out with such a good deal. To buy these same boots new from cultizm.com you're looking at close to $700NZD, not including shipping.

Really enjoy conditioning them every now and then too

May get a black pair next, probably in a different model though. (just to mix things up)

20. Post
    hey Flask, how are they for sizing? true to size? i struggle buying shoes online as the fit is 50/50 and i got wider feet.
    ive actually been eyeing of the Wolverine 1000 milers for some time, look sweet as
    can you link us to the seller you purchased from?
    cheers

21. Post
    Hey shonofear

I purchased the boots from the owner of distinctivefootwear.com - However he lists his shoes on ebay. The boots I purchased were a one off, he was selling them on behalf.

The Wolverine 1k's are definitely not true to size. They fit a least 1 size big.

I wear Asics 11.5E, New Balance 11.5, Nike 11.5 - My 1k Boots are size 11, I could have gone down to a 10.5. I just wear thicker socks and they're sweet.

I would highly recommend Wolverines. Seriously awesome boots, top quality.

check out www.revolveclothing.com for the Wolverines. I researched these boots for around 6 months, came to the conclusion that revolve is the cheapest place you can buy them (new) - You should be able to get a pair landed for about $450/500

22. Post
    I hate you for introducing me to this website.

Their Russell field boot matches my side by side shotgun.

23. Post
    Hey guys!

I'm looking at getting a pair of Iron Ranger Red Wings, or possibly a pair of Wolverine 1000 mile boots.

Thanks for all of the links to places online, but I'm very cautious about buying a pair without trying one on first.

Does anyone know of a place in Auckland that stocks pairs of either of these? My googling has so far not come up with anything, cheers!

24. Post
    Sorry noone in NZ stocks either boot

You gotta do sizing research like I did, there's a lot of info out there. Read up.

25. Post
    Hi, I've got a pair of 875 that's desperately in need of a resole after 4 years of wear, any of you know where i can get it done here in Auckland? I'd much prefer to get the same white Vibram sole...