1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    might as well have just called it Blood Dragon, this looks like it has nothing to do with FC3 although it still looks awesome. I was hoping for a DLC to expand Vaas' story, he was one of the most interesting characters I've seen yet.

also the conspiracy keanu in me wonders if this was a deliberate false flag to justify Ubisoft's DRM? They're taking their time fixing the problem and the least they could do is pull it from their servers or disconnect anyone currently downloading it.

3. Post
    Vic wrote:
    also the conspiracy keanu in me wonders if this was a deliberate false flag to justify Ubisoft's DRM? They're taking their time fixing the problem and the least they could do is pull it from their servers or disconnect anyone currently downloading it.
    I'd say it has been pulled from the servers already.

According to that site, the hack involves tricking Ubisoft’s digital distribution platform into thinking the user already owns a particular game, which makes it available to download at no cost and with no DRM.
    Reading between the lines, I'd assume that there's probably plenty of DRM free copies floating around on various websites by now. So I'm guessing it's a matter of finding a copy and downloading it, then tweaking the uPlay launcher.

I've never done anything like this so I'm not actually sure how it all works though.

4. Post
    Vic wrote:
    might as well have just called it Blood Dragon, this looks like it has nothing to do with FC3 although it still looks awesome.
    Are you intentionally acting dumb? The core gameplay and systems are almost identical to Far Cry 3's. It has every right to be considered a FC3 spin-off and titled appropriately to reflect this.

5. Post
    they could've kept the core gameplay and still called it something else, it's a completely different story and theme (they could've made Vaas the boss in an alternate universe for instance). It looks like a new coat of paint on the same game, not that that's a bad thing. It's like they wanted to make a new game without making a whole new engine so just slapped on the FC3 title so it doesn't feel like they're milking their last game.