1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    While I can agree that it's a real shitty thing to mislead the public/press, things do change prior to release. I'm unsure to what extent Colonial Marines mislead people but it can't have been any worse than WarZ.

3. Post
    Flase advertising claims.
    ?

4. Post
    Can I sue McDonalds when my Big Mac doesn't look like the pic?

5. Post
    Well I am pretty sure people could get a refund at the very least? Maybe steam has a no refund policy? I think I would want my money back for ACM if I bought it off steam and would fight to get it as the game is a joke.

6. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Can I sue McDonalds when my Big Mac doesn't look like the pic?
    This situation is more like if McDonalds gave you a picture of the burger and said "This is EXACTLY what it will look like", and even let you have a little bit, and THEN go and change the recipe and look without telling you.

7. Post
    EA needs a similar drubbing for Battlefield 3's "biggest maps ever", and a host of other bogus claims about the game.

8. Post
    Gearbox only have themselves to blame. They outsourced mutch of the production which led to a lot of the problems. They shelved production for long periods of time to work on other projects. They took money intended for A:CM and spent it on other projects. That, at the very least is bad management. At worst it's fraud. That's not even taking into account the false advertising and the legal action that this article is about.

They had the potential for a real gem of a game, with a ready made audience and they completely squandered it. Whatever consequences befall the company as a result of this debacle, be it financial or to their reputation (which must be in tatters in the eyes of the industry) is on their own heads.

9. Post
    I wonder if there is any chance for anyone from little wee NZ to get their money back...

10. Post
    Phil5000 wrote:
    Gearbox only have themselves to blame. They outsourced mutch of the production which led to a lot of the problems. They shelved production for long periods of time to work on other projects. They took money intended for A:CM and spent it on other projects. That, at the very least is bad management. At worst it's fraud. That's not even taking into account the false advertising and the legal action that this article is about.

They had the potential for a real gem of a game, with a ready made audience and they completely squandered it. Whatever consequences befall the company as a result of this debacle, be it financial or to their reputation (which must be in tatters in the eyes of the industry) is on their own heads.
    Well put