1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Wolfenstein? That franchise has a soft spot in my heart because it was the FIRST shooter to ever launch for PC.
    Don't single its sequal out for being mundane, it isn't Wolfenstein's fault, if you should shit on any franchise make it: COD.

Every relevant gamer out there makes fun of anyone that plays COD or any COD-esque games: (BF3, MOH).

I don't think ol' Wolfy is really dragging down the medium, its obviously the endless renditions of Call of Duty that is killing things.

3. Post
    Did you read the articles about this guy? He's against violent games.

4. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    No he's not. Re-read it and try again.

5. Post
    The first article refers to 'ultra' violence and the 2nd one refers to killing giant Nazi robots. Where in either of those articles does he state he is against violent video games full stop? He's against the trend of violence levels continuing to escalate in games and he's against the relatively static and unoriginal themes that FPS games typically follow.

6. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    The articles weren't listed previously and either way he is just sour-grapsing that his toddler-friendly title didn't make millions for his Disney overlords.

Either way he should point to positive examples of games that should get more attention than just heaping MORE publicity on a bunch of games he was going out of his way, trying to get everyone to avoid.

I don't think any smart person can stand by this guy, his methods suck and he can't get his message across.

"Giant-robot-nazi's are silly, you should play mickey-mouse games instead."

roll-eyes

7. Post
    I see your point but in your first post it seems like you want all hate directed to CoD, I'm not a fan but it has done a few things right(for consoles atleast). I just don't like when someone says "I don't like this so nobody else should enjoy it". Which is the impression I got from your initial post.

8. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    I see your point but in your first post it seems like you want all hate directed to CoD, I'm not a fan but it has done a few things right(for consoles atleast). I just don't like when someone says "I don't like this so nobody else should enjoy it". Which is the impression I got from your initial post.
    I use COD as an example of where "Gaming has gone wrong". I wouldn't mind more hatred being directed to the most profitable and worst game in video-gaming history, but no I wasn't trying to make a 'scape-goat'.
    Not sure why you are defending it either and for consoles of all places... this is a COMPUTER GAMING forum.

So yea, your opinion is utterly moot at this point IMHO.

9. Post
    Frice wrote:
    Not sure why you are defending it either and for consoles of all places... this is a COMPUTER GAMING forum.
    Umm...no. This is a Video Gaming forum, it is not exclusively for PC/Computer game discussion only.

10. Post
    Frice wrote:
    this is a COMPUTER GAMING forum
    **** off
    Its a gaming forum.

11. Post
    Frice wrote:
    I use COD as an example of where "Gaming has gone wrong". I wouldn't mind more hatred being directed to the most profitable and worst game in video-gaming history, but no I wasn't trying to make a 'scape-goat'.

But you do seem to be scapegoating it, it isn't the worst game out there, I mean orion dino horde is the probably the worst release this year.

12. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    But you do seem to be scapegoating it, it isn't the worst game out there, I mean orion dino horde is the probably the worst release this year.
    Walking dead? (acti not telltale)

13. Post
    ^Heard that was awful as well, one enemy type over and over, what were they thinking?

14. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    what were they thinking?
    $$$

15. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    ^Heard that was awful as well, one enemy type over and over, what were they thinking?
    Kotick is a very underpaid CEO. He is really struggling to live on what he earns. You cant blame him