Page 1 of 17 123411 ... Last

1. Post

iPhone owners thread - [No Trolls]

This is a thread for owners of an iPhone, who purchased one, even with all the supposedly better-spec'ed Android, Windows Phone, etc. alternatives.

Please answer a few initial questions:

1) What model to you have
    2) What made you buy it instead of the alternatives
    3) How long do you intend on keeping it

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's mine

1) iPhone 64GB White
    2) Most of my family has one, Business app works only on it,
    3) At least 3-4 years or more.

[NO TROLLS PLEASE]

We can then discuss our iPhones and how we like them and how we use them.

2. Post
    1) iPhone 3GS 16GB Black
    2) From my research I thought it was one of the best phones at the time
    3) Not sure. I'll either get a new phone, or buy a tablet to take away the need to use this phone as much when at home

As I've had it a while (since they came out), I've really noticed how subsequent new iOS releases have slowed this phone down.
    Not sure if I'd get Apple again, as it wouldn't really seem like much of a change compared to going to Windows or Android and so would be hard to get enthused about.
    Maybe if the screen size increased on Apple again or a new iOS is amazing but doesn't run on the 3GS.
    If I were going to buy a new phone right now I'd get HTC One.

3. Post
    1) Iphone4s
    2) Honestly, because I got sucked in by the Siri marketing (which is a joke) and because I saw some of my new co-workers having one (i now know they were not as smart as they first seemed ).
    3) Until this year, cannot wait to get another phone after the terrible experience I got some Apple this time around, hell i'm even looking at the Lumia 920 but having seen the reviews for the HTC One that is tempting, but I might wait for the Nexus 5

4. Post
    1) What model to you have - 4S 64gb Black
    2) What made you buy it instead of the alternatives - easy transition, nice and smooth. At the time hotspot was pretty cool etc. Siri works for me, find it really handy and easy to use
    3) How long do you intend on keeping it - currently moved to an S4, do miss the ease of the iPhone and certain apps and how it works in with my day to day life.

5. Post
    1) 16gb iphone 4s and ipad2 16gb
    2) having had a 3G, ive just kept to it. 3gs, samsung gs1 ,4, ipad 2' and then the 4s. Ive grown to the ease of use of it and have spent a couple of hundred dollars on apps to which i use today.
    3) currently seeing to get an HTC One but keeping the 4s on a prepaid plan. Id love to be back on both ends of the phone market, one being on apple and one on android.

6. Post
    As an experiment I have stickied these three threads. I endorse the no trolls rule.

7. Post
    1) iPhone 4S 32GB in white
    2) I purchased mine because the alternatives weren't that spectacular when I got it. I also enjoy the size and weight of mine, phones that are bigger and lighter just don't do it for me.
    3) I haven't really considered how long I'll be keeping it around but I don't see it going anywhere any time soon.

8. Post
    1) iPhone 4S 32GB
    2) At the time I had some POS handset that was given to me by my employer. I didn't have an MP3 player and my shiny new car stereo supported iOS. Basically it met all my needs at the time and for the most part does (MP3 player, Storage for Car Stereo & a Phone which texts & lets me make phone calls)
    3) I'll keep it till it dies at which point I'll go to market again and find the device which best suits my needs.

9. Post
    1) iPhone 5 64GB
    2) Android will always lag, it will not be compatible with every car audio.
    3) Until the 5S.

10. Post

1) iPhone 5
    2) Incredible Resale Value. Top notch UI. Exceptional quality of apps. Security of apps being sandboxed and not being allowed to access random stuff. Media/call integration that works well with everything (car audio etc)
    3) Possibly until the 6 comes out, at which point I will flick it for 70-80% of original purcahse price and buy the the next device. Depending on the feature set of the 6, I may switch to Windows Phone 8 for a bit provided certain apps and features are ported (I need excellent VPN support & a top notch RDP app at the very least).

11. Post
    1) Iphone 4s 16Gb white
    2) Work provided it for me, however in previous work I have had both an Iphone 3GS, and a Galaxy SII.
    3) I prefer iOS from now on for two reasons (a) I have invested in apps that I like and want to keep, and (b) doesn't have inappropriate advertising in free games, for example with andriod, you download a nice little pony game or something for your 7 year old daughter, and it has adult theme advertising banners (eg UK adult web cams)...whats that about?..... How long am I keeping my current phone? about a week, going to an iphone 5.

12. Post
    1) iPhone 4S 64gb Black
    2) Quality of apps, best camera at the time
    3) Keeping it until it doesn't get any more iOS updates. After 4 years the 3GS still has the latest update.

13. Post
    Lots of them seem to be in BST as of late.

14. Post
    cooljojo wrote:
    1) iPhone 4S 64gb Black
    2) Quality of apps, best camera at the time
    3) Keeping it until it doesn't get any more iOS updates. After 4 years the 3GS still has the latest update.
    interestingly the 3GS is much much faster (or 3G's hardware is just that much slower back in the days)

15. Post
    1) Iphone 5 16 gig
    2) Work got it for me. Main reason work has them: easy access to everything and basic to use for "older" management
    3) Few years. I'd probably buy a Note or HTC one if i was buying my own. Like them bigger phones.

16. Post
    I'd be interested to know how many people have their phone jailbroken as well.

17. Post
    Don't plan on jailbreaking mine ever. Can't see the point of it.

18. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    Don't plan on jailbreaking mine ever. Can't see the point of it.
    Jailbreaking makes the iPhone 10x better.

I had been using an iPhone 4 jailbroken for about 2 years before I went to Android. At the moment my misses' iPhone 4s is unjailbroken and I cannot stand the way it is.
    Just the little things that Cydia can add to your iPhone is epic

19. Post
    at what cost though, stuff on cydia usually are kinda hackish eg. winterboard is kinda unstable/crashy and hogs quite a bit of resources, then there are the toggles i see a lot of people add but they've already tweaked it enough on stock so the battery can still last the whole day even if you just leave bluetooth, wifi, mobile data/3g/lte on

20. Post
    seems like there will be new ios 7 and probably osx update in a few weeks' WWDC

and didn't really notice this before

The shape of app icons is not going to change from round-cornered squares to sharp-cornered ones (or any other shape for that matter). Apple owns this shape; this shape says “iOS app” in everyone’s mind. It’s even printed right on the hardware home button of every iOS device. In fact it’s the only thing printed on the front face of every iOS device.

21. Post
    4s black 64gb

already had apps from ipod touch so could transfer them

until a bigger one comes out (not iphone5)

22. Post
    Thinking of selling my currently in repair WP7 phone and picking up the 4 from JB. Unless it's worth seeking out a 4S.

23. Post
    jords wrote:
    Thinking of selling my currently in repair WP7 phone and picking up the 4 from JB. Unless it's worth seeking out a 4S.
    The 4S does have the dual core processor whereas the 4 doesn't.

24. Post
    CoolShady wrote:
    The 4S does have the dual core processor whereas the 4 doesn't.
    If you are going to pay $900 you might as well save another $150 for the iPhone 5.

My 4S is jailbroken. I may not use it to its full potential but its nice to have a few tweaks. Just discovered Battery Doctor Pro on Cydia and its awesome.

25. Post
    $479 is a sweet price