1. Post
    gpig wrote:
    Really want the XZ3 but they don't sell it here in NZ.

Anyone bought from UDSMart before? https://www.trademe.co.nz/mobile-pho...aa398d366fc78f
    After living witht eh XZ, i wont be buying another Sony phone, and thats after having a few of them. the bloatware (Whats new) that sends you adverts every day that cant be disabled or shutup has put me off them completely.

2. Post
    I have an XZ, don't have that issue? You disable them in the whatsnew settings.

3. Post
    Anyone had an issues with storing stuff on SD cards? Chucked an 8gb in my sons Galaxy J2 Prime, but you can't actually use it as storage lol.

EDIT the phone has 8gb built in, but 7.5gb of it is already used by junk! Is rooting the only option to remove the bloatware?

4. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    I have an XZ, don't have that issue? You disable them in the whatsnew settings.
    Meh, too late now. Just bought a mate 20 Pro. Damn epic step up.

5. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Anyone had an issues with storing stuff on SD cards? Chucked an 8gb in my sons Galaxy J2 Prime, but you can't actually use it as storage lol.

EDIT the phone has 8gb built in, but 7.5gb of it is already used by junk! Is rooting the only option to remove the bloatware?
    Pretty much. The J2 Prime is a trash phone. I briefly worked in a Spark store and we actively refused to sell them to people for exactly that reason. A stock android ROM would be the way to go but I don't even know if such a thing exists for that phone. Otherwise rooting it and going through deleting useless Samsung system apps like a mother****er is a decent alternative.

Konev wrote:
    Meh, too late now. Just bought a mate 20 Pro. Damn epic step up.
    Welcome to the club. Now we all patiently await a proper root method. Apparently TopJohnWu has managed to get Magisk working on the device but it's early days yet. Damn locked bootloader.

6. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Pretty much. The J2 Prime is a trash phone. I briefly worked in a Spark store and we actively refused to sell them to people for exactly that reason. A stock android ROM would be the way to go but I don't even know if such a thing exists for that phone. Otherwise rooting it and going through deleting useless Samsung system apps like a mother****er is a decent alternative.
    Found a debloated ROM, but not really keen on trying it. Deleted a bunch of shit ( I mean, uninstalled updates ) for things like Excel etc that he'll never use. He has about 2gb free now. Wish I'd know about the storage beforehand.

7. Post
    Xev wrote:

Welcome to the club. Now we all patiently await a proper root method. Apparently TopJohnWu has managed to get Magisk working on the device but it's early days yet. Damn locked bootloader.
    Not into custom stuff. Lack of bloatware is awesome. Sony and Samsung take note.

8. Post

Suitable replacement for galaxy s5 mini?

Howdy folks,

Looking for a suitable replacement for galaxy s5 mini, any suggestions?

Love the phone, especially battery saving modes & water resistance, but notice phone is slowing down a little in performance.

What would you suggest around the $300-$400 mark with similar performance? I'm guessing the bulk of new Samsungs are now water resistant?

Not really keen on a massive phone, kinda like the smaller size of s5 mini!

cheers amigos

9. Post
    Cheapest water resistant sammy you'll find is the galaxy a8 which can be found for 599

10. Post
    Motorola Moto X4 is $500 and waterproof.
    https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/MPH...e-64GB---Super

11. Post
    Has anyone had experience with Supero.co.nz?

I'm looking to get the Asus ROG Phone through them

12. Post
    Any suggestions on a new phone? My Nexus 6p died today. Stuck in the reboot cycle wont charge enough to start... Not sure what to get now.

The new Google pixels are not in NZ and besides that look like ass IMO. So what are my android options? Samsung or Huawei? I had an Samsung S3 before the 6P but didn't like the slow update cycle of the Samsung and it was quickly outdated. Also now weary of Huawei and their batteries... These could just be my bad experiences with the devices so things may have changed since then...

Quick google of phones

- Samsung Galaxy Note 9
    - Samsung Galaxy 9 or 9+
    - Huawei P20 Pro
    - Huawei Mate 20 Pro - a bit pricey that one..

Any others or pros cons for each?

13. Post
    Oneplus ? Pocophone ?

14. Post
    I went from a 6p to a Mi Mix 2 - if it's bootlooping I'd be talking to Google/Huawei for a replacement/repair (my battery died, they replaced it and I sold the replacement)

I'd be looking at a Pixel 3, One Plus 6t or Pocophone depending on your exact needs

15. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    I went from a 6p to a Mi Mix 2 - if it's bootlooping I'd be talking to Google/Huawei for a replacement/repair (my battery died, they replaced it and I sold the replacement)

I'd be looking at a Pixel 3, One Plus 6t or Pocophone depending on your exact needs
    How long is the warranty period?

I got mine about 3 years ago - i got it direct from google store so not sure if it would still be covered?

16. Post
    Buzzrk wrote:
    How long is the warranty period?

I got mine about 3 years ago - i got it direct from google store so not sure if it would still be covered?
    I reckon you'd have a good argument, especially if you bought it from Google - it's a known fault

Consumer guarantees act outweighs any manufacturer warranty anyway

17. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    I reckon you'd have a good argument, especially if you bought it from Google - it's a known fault

Consumer guarantees act outweighs any manufacturer warranty anyway
    Ok, cheers. Do you recall how to get in touch with google?

I have been trying to find a contact number to speak to a person but their websites are all re-direct to forums or how to troubleshoot guides.

18. Post
    Buzzrk wrote:
    Ok, cheers. Do you recall how to get in touch with google?

I have been trying to find a contact number to speak to a person but their websites are all re-direct to forums or how to troubleshoot guides.
    https://support.google.com/store/ans...01411?hl=en-AU

19. Post
    That link didnt work for me but i used this one; https://support.google.com/store/con...uct_guarantees

Have been calling them over the weekend and today but they routed me to Heuwei America and they are asking 150$ USD for a repair.. will try and call again and get support from Google it self...

20. Post
    After multiple calls with Google and finally Huawei NZ they have directed me to contact fonefix to organise a repair for my self; http://www.fonefix.co.nz/index.php?r...1&search=nexus as they are the Huawei NZ official support center apparently.

Huawei and Google are playing dodge ball on who should be responsible for the cost and both are saying that as it was purchased over 24 months ago the warranty period has ended (bought the phone in march 2016) so it looks like I will need to pay out of pocket to have the phone repaired.

Ran out of time to call fonefix today but will see what the cost would be but its looking unlikely that they will replace/repair the phone.

I almost feel like taking google to small courts over this because its so frustrating to deal with.

21. Post
    Don't pay out of pocket, it's a known fault and you have rights under the consumer guarantees act. Warranty period is meaningless, your rights under the CGA exceed the warranty period. Just keep escalating it.

Also, email, don't call. Level 1 call centre plebs are always going to quote the party line.

22. Post
    Anyone own the Nokia 7.1? Looking at it to replace my aging (and bending) Huawei P9. AndroidOne, Bluetooth 5 and the screen ratio to body seems pretty appealing for its price point.

23. Post
    1. Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 4/64
    2. He was the best deal for his money. I am very pleased, especially with the speed of the games)
    3. Now I'm waiting for Redmi Note 7, the global version should be released

24. Post
    Decided to stretch my budget and splash out on a Galaxy S9 due to NL dropping them to $899 in the last sale.

I'm after a battery/protective case combo. Anyone recommend one?