1. Post
    gpig wrote:
    Really want the XZ3 but they don't sell it here in NZ.

Anyone bought from UDSMart before? https://www.trademe.co.nz/mobile-pho...aa398d366fc78f
    After living witht eh XZ, i wont be buying another Sony phone, and thats after having a few of them. the bloatware (Whats new) that sends you adverts every day that cant be disabled or shutup has put me off them completely.

2. Post
    I have an XZ, don't have that issue? You disable them in the whatsnew settings.

3. Post
    Anyone had an issues with storing stuff on SD cards? Chucked an 8gb in my sons Galaxy J2 Prime, but you can't actually use it as storage lol.

EDIT the phone has 8gb built in, but 7.5gb of it is already used by junk! Is rooting the only option to remove the bloatware?

4. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    I have an XZ, don't have that issue? You disable them in the whatsnew settings.
    Meh, too late now. Just bought a mate 20 Pro. Damn epic step up.

5. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Anyone had an issues with storing stuff on SD cards? Chucked an 8gb in my sons Galaxy J2 Prime, but you can't actually use it as storage lol.

EDIT the phone has 8gb built in, but 7.5gb of it is already used by junk! Is rooting the only option to remove the bloatware?
    Pretty much. The J2 Prime is a trash phone. I briefly worked in a Spark store and we actively refused to sell them to people for exactly that reason. A stock android ROM would be the way to go but I don't even know if such a thing exists for that phone. Otherwise rooting it and going through deleting useless Samsung system apps like a mother****er is a decent alternative.

Konev wrote:
    Meh, too late now. Just bought a mate 20 Pro. Damn epic step up.
    Welcome to the club. Now we all patiently await a proper root method. Apparently TopJohnWu has managed to get Magisk working on the device but it's early days yet. Damn locked bootloader.

6. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Pretty much. The J2 Prime is a trash phone. I briefly worked in a Spark store and we actively refused to sell them to people for exactly that reason. A stock android ROM would be the way to go but I don't even know if such a thing exists for that phone. Otherwise rooting it and going through deleting useless Samsung system apps like a mother****er is a decent alternative.
    Found a debloated ROM, but not really keen on trying it. Deleted a bunch of shit ( I mean, uninstalled updates ) for things like Excel etc that he'll never use. He has about 2gb free now. Wish I'd know about the storage beforehand.

7. Post
    Xev wrote:

Welcome to the club. Now we all patiently await a proper root method. Apparently TopJohnWu has managed to get Magisk working on the device but it's early days yet. Damn locked bootloader.
    Not into custom stuff. Lack of bloatware is awesome. Sony and Samsung take note.

8. Post

Suitable replacement for galaxy s5 mini?

Howdy folks,

Looking for a suitable replacement for galaxy s5 mini, any suggestions?

Love the phone, especially battery saving modes & water resistance, but notice phone is slowing down a little in performance.

What would you suggest around the $300-$400 mark with similar performance? I'm guessing the bulk of new Samsungs are now water resistant?

Not really keen on a massive phone, kinda like the smaller size of s5 mini!

cheers amigos

9. Post
    Cheapest water resistant sammy you'll find is the galaxy a8 which can be found for 599

10. Post
    Motorola Moto X4 is $500 and waterproof.
    https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/MPH...e-64GB---Super