1. Post
    1) Samsung Galaxy SII - Running Ressurection Remix Rom
    2) I had a jailbroken iPhone 4 for a year, and thought about going to android for a 'change'. After a months use I will never go back to iOS. And I use to love iOS very much.
    3) Was going to get the Xperia Z in a month or two, but feasted my eyes on the HTC One so will only have my SII for another month or two

2. Post
    SQ_Walrus wrote:
    Out of interest, what 'lags' on your Xperia Z? The only app I have any delay on is Chrome (other browsers fine).
    Chrome, OfficeSuite (there may be better apps out there), homescreen especially right after unlocking it.

3. Post
    When you say lag, do you mean a delay on doing something? Or do you mean it skips frames, jerks a bit, then comes right?

People often confuse terminologies when it comes to this type of thing. With the HTC One, there is no delay in anything, press the gmail icon and the application is open before you have time to even move your finger away from the icon - There is also no lag, the phone maintains 60FPS at all times.

4. Post
    Even with all samsung a bloat, I haven't found any lag or delay on TW on the S4, one app which use to heat up my S3 pretty bad and chew battery was Jurassic Park builder. Now no problems S4 just cruises with it.

5. Post
    1) Samsung Galaxy S4
    2) Played with a friends for a couple days and decided I'd get one too and I wanted to move away from iOS anyway
    3) Untill something I find better comes out

6. Post
    1) Samsung Galaxy SII
    2) At the time it was a pretty impressive phone, i had previously bought the HTC Sensation.
    3) 1 more year, its damn good with ROM's

7. Post
    1) Samsung Galaxy SIII
    2) Got it cheap on Tardme
    3) Not long. Might get an Xperia Z within two months or so

8. Post
    Nexus S (Nexus 2) & Nexus 7.
    Was a high-end phone when I needed to upgrade and pure Android for the win! (+The abundance of reasons anyone would choose Android in general).
    Would have already purchased the Nexus 4 but I am waiting for Google's announcement on the Nexus 5 (should be next week). The Nexus 7 has taken a lot of the strain in terms of day to day use (including texts) so I have not felt the urgent need for a high-end phone.

9. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    When you say lag, do you mean a delay on doing something? Or do you mean it skips frames, jerks a bit, then comes right?

People often confuse terminologies when it comes to this type of thing. With the HTC One, there is no delay in anything, press the gmail icon and the application is open before you have time to even move your finger away from the icon - There is also no lag, the phone maintains 60FPS at all times.
    Yeah thats exactly what I mean, skips some frames then jerks a bit, then it's all normal.

10. Post
    So the same kind of lag you get on the iPhone when you go to spotlight or whatever it is they call search?

11. Post
    Never had any lag ever since iPhone 4S, everything has been smooth.

I guess iOS masks the problem by having some sort of transition animation to hide the loading while Android displays whatever that is loading.

12. Post
    1) Galaxy S 4 (i9505)
    2) Not apple, because been there, done that, Android is better. Went with the S4 because I had an S2 for 2 strong years and it was a fantastic phone, so decided to stick with Samsung.
    3) 2 years.

13. Post
    1) Samsung Galaxy SIII
    2) Because at the time it was the next big thing, purchased on launch day and wiped anything Apple had off the floor and still does actually.
    3) 1 more year at least. the SIII is 1 year old and there's no real reason to upgrade yet.

glock18 wrote:
    Never had any lag ever since iPhone 4S, everything has been smooth.

I guess iOS masks the problem by having some sort of transition animation to hide the loading while Android displays whatever that is loading.
    iOS 6 lags a lot on my iPod if that helps.

14. Post
    1) Motorola Atrix 2
    2) Solid build, 8mp camera, 1080p recording, 1.2 ghz dualcore processor, 1 gb ram for $199? Yes please.
    3) Will probably replace early next year

15. Post
    1) Nexus 4
    2) Upgraded from a HTC Desire HD which I liked a lot. Prefer Android over Apple due to customerisation.
    3) 2 years depending on what comes out and what happens to the phone. The back glass has already shattered.

16. Post
    My Z doesn't lag in Chrome or anything.

17. Post
    would be nice if they put the gd speaker on the front of the n4 there is space at the bottom

18. Post
    1) Galaxy SIII
    2) Upgraded from a Nexus One as all the physical buttons had given in. And got a good deal from 2Degrees
    3) Either when it fails or when it starts feeling a bit more dated. Still runs perfect for me so plenty of time yet

19. Post
    1) What model do you have
    LG Optimus One

2) What made you buy it instead of the alternatives
    2degrees had some nice deal at the time (couple years back)

3) How long do you intend on keeping it
    I used my last cell for 10 years before upgrading it, so probably a while. Maybe when the app developers patch their apps and they stop working on my version of android, or require more processing power. I dunno, I actually use my cell for phone calls, not internet.

20. Post
    1) Motorola Atrix 2 (running CM10.1)
    2) Similar specs to Galaxy S2 but within my budget
    3) I usually buy a new phone every year but this one might last me a bit longer

Android fanboi moment: I've had IOS and WP7 and for me Android 4+ is the best mobile OS by a long shot. I will never go back.

21. Post
    1) Huawei Ascend Y300-0000 (building CM 10 for it right now)
    2) CHEAP!
    3) Until it breaks, I'm poor

22. Post
    1. Galaxy SII
    2. Good price at the time, was a new phone and $600 when the phone was still $1000.
    3. Had it a while, so much for gorilla glass, my screen has been broken for over a year, but I still keep using it. But am VERY tempted by the HTC One. Just can't yet bring myself to spend that much on a phone.

23. Post
    1. Galaxy S3
    2. Got it free on 2degrees plan, moved away from vodafone.
    3. Only had it for a few days, and im loving it. Will probably keep it til Iphone 6, or Galaxy s5.

24. Post
    1) What model do you have
    Galaxy S4

2) What made you buy it instead of the alternatives
    What alternatives? I wanted AMOLED and 1080p.

3) How long do you intend on keeping it
    depends on my usage/boredom of the device/or when something better comes out.

25. Post
    1) HTC Inspire 4g (flashed with JB desire rom) - soon to be HTC one black... when it fricken arrives
    2) Desire was cheapest 2nd hand, has been dropped though. HTC one I could not resist.
    3) Unknown, till something happens to my One or?