1. Post
    The oldschool way of doing that would have been to completely wipe your phone and flash an older stock rom over using ODIN. Not sure the logistics of that now days though, it's gotten progressively more and more difficult over the years.

I believe Samsung still allows you to unlock your bootloader with no fuss, so it's probably a matter of enabling OEM unlocking in the developer menu followed by the mandatory factory reset, then attempting the flash, but I'd look up a guide on how to do it with your particular handset to be safe.

2. Post
    Its even changed my gmail to some awful looking version. God damb i sound old but whyyyyyyyyy

3. Post
    ludez wrote:
    What launchers do most here use?
    Smart Launcher 5 Pro

4. Post
    Samsung Galaxy A20
    2) Since my work phone android phone. Tried a friends A20 and A30, was impressed so picked up the A20. I believe Samsung still allows you to unlock your bootloader with no fuss, so it's probably a matter of enabling OEM unlocking in the developer menu followed by the mandatory factory reset, then attempting the flash
    3) at least another 15 months

5. Post
    So many Pixel 4 leaks

Getting excited, looks like it should support dual sim/dual standby (eSIM + physical) which is #1 on my wishlist

6. Post
    My Samsung Galaxy S5 has died and I'm in the market for a new phone.

I don't really need much from a cell phone so would prefer to spend around the $300 mark with my only major requirement being expandable storage, but I'd also be tempted to go up to $600 for one that can run Runescape 3 Mobile (I'm not sure of the requirements but it might be at least a Snapdragon 660).

Anyone have recommendations? I know nothing about phones

7. Post
    Grabbed the Redmi Note 7, thanks

8. Post
    good choice, cant really go wrong at that price and spec

9. Post
    Anyone else waiting for the Pixel 4 announce tonight? I'm hopeful it's available on release day like the 3a was, keen for new phone.

10. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Anyone else waiting for the Pixel 4 announce tonight? I'm hopeful it's available on release day like the 3a was, keen for new phone.
    I was looking forward to it before all the leaks. I'm thinking now I will most likely pick up the OnePlus 7T.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

11. Post
    My Mi 8 is still going strong, so no incentive for me to upgrade. I want to see what they have cooking with their smart home products though.

12. Post
    Echoe wrote:
    I was looking forward to it before all the leaks. I'm thinking now I will most likely pick up the OnePlus 7T.

Yeah, if it actually ran stock android and e.g. Google Camera didn't need to be ported, I'd be keen

It's time for something that just works without having to **** around

13. Post
    OxygenOS is pretty close to stock. In some ways it's much better. My experience with installing gcam mods has been great. My mate who has the 7 Pro uses gcam all the time and the results are great.

14. Post
    My experience (with a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2) is support is great initially, but as the user base drops and the system becomes more and more divergent from the latest and greatest, the modded camera apps stop working so well

15. Post
    I'm still on my Note 5 pro, will probably still be on it for another couple years. Custom rom, runs great and can take some great shots with gcam. Battery life still gives me 2 full days.

16. Post
    I preordered - there's a small crack in the screen of my Mi Mix 2 (on the bezel, so hasn't been a dealbreaker) and I don't think I really have a reason to root anymore (the main reason was for the Google Camera mod).

$1429 for the 128GB XL model, but with $150 google store credit as a preorder bonus and $142.90 google store credit for upgrading to the 2TB Google One plan (might downgrade again once the credit is applied heh).

17. Post
    I was amped for the pixel 4, but all I see now is "more for less". Expenny af, and not even a fingerprint scanner. NGL, liking the iPhone offering a bit more at the moment.

18. Post
    Reviewers and tech commentators have said Google think face unlock is the way of the future, and is confident enough in current tech to drop fingerprint reader.
    Apparently lots of tech squeezed into that top forehead area

19. Post
    Not much use in the dark though aye. I find the fingerprint reader on my p30 average and usually while I'm trying to unlock using it, it just unlocks using face....unless it's dark...then I realise how useless the underscreen reader is.

The p10 fingerprint reader was amazing though.

20. Post
    krashersmasher wrote:
    Not much use in the dark though aye. I find the fingerprint reader on my p30 average and usually while I'm trying to unlock using it, it just unlocks using face....unless it's dark...then I realise how useless the underscreen reader is.

The p10 fingerprint reader was amazing though.
    IR works in the dark though, as would radar