1. Post
    Watch out for the black, seems to chip very very easily.

2. Post
    1) What model do you have
    HTC Desire-z

2) What made you buy it instead of the alternatives
    At the time I wanted a physical keyboard and a awesome android phone, it was a match made in heaven.

3) How long do you intend on keeping it
    Had it since early 2011 and will keep it till it dies, or reaches 2014. I do however want a HTC One(Thats the sexiest phone on the market).

3. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Watch out for the black, seems to chip very very easily.
    Is the silver version raw alu, not anodized?
    Thanks for the forewarning, in any case I'll stick with it.

4. Post
    1) Galaxy Note 2 N7105.
    2) Big screen, able to make hand written notes while calling, using other apps, [Edit] great battery life. Helps me get ahead of the curve now I'm getting older (i.e. harder to read small stuff, fading memory )
    3) Until I die...or see something better.

5. Post
    New phone so updated my answers from a previous post:

1) Xperia Z

2) I was tossing up between this and the HTC One. I had a good play around with both. I really liked both but went with the Sony because I am admittedly a bit of a Sony fan boy and I did like that tiny bit of extra screen real estate. The viewing angle issue is a bit overblown I think. If the brightness is down it is quite noticeable but I never have this down anyway plus I donít use my phone at funny angles. Colours are very bright and vibrant. I think the firmware update they released for this fixed the contrast issues I had read about.

3) I would plan on keeping it for 2 - 3 years I think unless some amazing new phone technology comes out.

6. Post
    @Vulcan [or other XZ owners]: I presume you are running stock firmware - have you been able to successfully connect to a 5GHZ AP on your Z?

7. Post
    When I first turned it on it was only on the 2.4Ghz range but it is now on my 5Ghz. Have you updated your firmware? There was an update done just last week. I'm not sure if this is what fixed mine though.

8. Post
    Umaga wrote:
    When I first turned it on it was only on the 2.4Ghz range but it is now on my 5Ghz. Have you updated your firmware? There was an update done just last week. I'm not sure if this is what fixed mine though.
    If you don't mind can you tell me which carrier you're connected to and what channel (on 5ghz) you are connecting to. Cheers

9. Post
    HTC Sensation

It was really between it and the S2 when I bought it and I really dislike the cheap flimsy build of Samsung phones

Will probably upgrade sometime next year, might be getting old now but still does everything I do just fine.

10. Post
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Had an iPhone 4S, it was ok, but I like the fact you can add widgets etc to your screens on Android. Sold the 4S and moved to Android.

May upgrade to the Note 2, or S4 at some point...but except for a bit of annoying lag in Chrome, the S3 serves my purposes.

11. Post
    1) HTC sensation (cm10.1, finally)

2) I buy my phones mostly second hand, reason being is because it is cheaper and it suits my needs.

3) I'll keep it for as long as it'll last, if it still works up to my standards in a few years I'll still be using it.

12. Post
    SQ_Walrus wrote:
    @Vulcan [or other XZ owners]: I presume you are running stock firmware - have you been able to successfully connect to a 5GHZ AP on your Z?
    Works fine for me. Telecom's XZ with a Telecom SIM running a non-carrier stock UK firmware, connecting to... channels 36 and 40.

-e- Derp, forgot to answer the OP.

1) Xperia Z
    2) I was tossing up the Xperia Z, HTC One, and the Lumia 920. Eventually went with the XZ because it's waterproof, the lack of the app switch button on the One scared me away, and it comes in purple. I was pretty darn disappointed when Sony only brought the black one to NZ, but on the other hand I got a free wireless speaker. Which is surprisingly decent, so I'm happy with that tradeoff.
    3) Probably two years. Could be longer, we'll see.

I will also admit that if it was a tossup between the Xperia Z and the Lumia 925, I'd probably be a WP8 user at this point.

13. Post
    SQ_Walrus wrote:
    My AP as B/G/N wideband for range (house is big and we haven't had it wired up yet). But I do have a pure 802.11a one around I might fire up if I get a chance, and I've got some Dual radio AP's on the way.

14. Post
    HTC Desire, running Mildwild 3.0

Mate had one, and I was looking at getting a new phone. I didn't really try anything else cause I liked it and it was too daunting looking at things that are the same but slightly different.

Got it in jan 2011. I intend on keeping it till it dies...which is around now (sd card problems, sd unmounting when connected to pc, suspect its a usb brick??)

15. Post
    SQ_Walrus wrote:
    Yes, but you need to disable Wideband (seems a fairly common thing for mobile devices).

16. Post
    1) Galaxy S4
    2) Happy with my purchase of the Galaxy many moons ago so have upgraded with each release. Android > iOS
    3) Until something else sparks my interest and my 'treat balance' is plentiful.

17. Post
    1) Ideos X5
    2) Best out of the selection for the budget I had at the time
    3) I've had it since mid 2012. Just got a Nexus 4 so plan on keeping it for a while.

The Ideos X5 served me well, and has taken massive beatings. It's been thrown at walls and dropped many times. Still works great.

18. Post
    1) LG Nexus 4
    2) Decent contender to Galaxy S III and superior to iPhone at $499
    3) Hopefully till it dies, running CM10.1 on it and it's absolutely amazing.

19. Post
    1 - Galaxy SII (running PAC ROM)
    2 - was the best thing out @ the time (mid 2011?)
    3 - Will keep until it dies from changing ROMs every now and then, but until that day its perfect for trying different ROMs

20. Post
    1) Nexus 7
    2) The app I bought it for is only on Android due to the Bluetooth stack not being exposed to apps on iOS or some such rubbish. I wasn't keen on third party hardware because I don't want to get stuck or have to wait for OS updates.
    3) I intend to keep it for a long time, it's primary purpose is to alter settings on a flight stabilisation device.

It seems quite laggy a lot of the time when anything is happening in the background which is a little annoying.

21. Post
    1) LG Nexus 4
    2) Decent contender to Galaxy S III and superior to iPhone at $499 (copy paste :P)
    3) Hopefully till it dies, running stock rom and feel no need to upgrade to another rom for now (always have on other phones but this phones smooth as)

22. Post
    HTC one SV

Because im a fanboy of android and HTC

Until a phone comes out that grabs my attention (looking at you HTC One)

23. Post
    <----GF phone

1. GS3 on CM10.1 (4.2.2 ftw)
    2. Was a hand me down when BF upgraded,
    3. Till BF upgrades from S4 to ?? Probably the next iteration

24. Post
    1) SONY XPERIA Z
    2) Always been with Sony Ericsson/SONY also free with work or heavily discounted Sony Mobile. Also Android FTW and can't beat dust resistant/water proof phones.
    3) Will be switching to the XPERIA Z ULTRA in a month.

25. Post
    1) Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3
    2) Got sick of carrying around a tablet and a phone. So I bought a big ass phone that is pretty much both.
    3) Couple of years. Pretty Stoked with it.