1. Post
    So I recently had a chat with a Sony rep and he told me they won't be selling mobiles in NZ any more.

2. Post
    I've gotta s7 I got at Harvey Norman's about year and half ago for half the price that it usually cost and I love it

3. Post
    I've gotta s7 from Harvey Norman's about year and half ago for half price and I love it

4. Post
    Hi guys
    I'm a dumbass who forgot to zip up the pocket where his phone resides in his biking bag.
    It's now somewhere in the Adventure Park.
    Will have another look for it on Wednesday but in the meantime I'm scoping out a replacement for my OnePlus X.

Initially dubious about phones being an inch bigger these days but had a play around on Nova 3i, 3e and Xiaomi M8 Lite and didn't find them too horrible.
    Guess smaller bezels really do work.

I'm looking to spend around $500 so the aforementioned fit the bill.
    Do I go cheaper with the Mi A2?
    Or go higher for the Pocophone? Dunno about purchasing from Mobile Station. Think it's missing a frequency band too.

Would really like to go USB-C, I guess I could get used to keeping an 3.5mm adaptor in the car and I already use Bluetooth headphones.
    I do like the Nova 3e with its connector, 3.5mm and expandable storage but I thought Huawei were doing dodgy things lately (who isn't?).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

5. Post
    Anyone?

Borrowing mum's old iPhone 6 at the mo.
    Boy was that an experience setting it up.
    Why does everything need that extra step??

6. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    I do like the Nova 3e with its connector, 3.5mm and expandable storage but I thought Huawei were doing dodgy things lately (who isn't?).
    Allegedly. Thusfar absolutely nothing has been proven relating to espionage or whatever, seems like a political power play by the orange man more than anything. Regardless, these things don't affect their handsets, the controversy was surrounding their large scale networking equipment.

The Nova 3i/3 is a fantastic handset. It's starting to get a little long in the tooth now though, we'll probably see a 4i/e in a few months. Despite that it's still one of the best handsets in it's price bracket and can be got for well within your budget if you keep an eye on the sales.

7. Post
    Yeah was pretty impressed by them, mostly the e on paper, I care not for the dual front cams.
    Mate has the P20 coz he's a bit of a photographer.

Leaning towards a Xiaomi from Goldway now.

8. Post
    Couldn't do a find my phone via google?

9. Post

Android owners thread - [No Trolls]

Tried that.
    Overlayed the location map with Trailforks to see where in the forest I lost it but after an hour searching for it in the bush, calling it etc we gave up.
    Now with the rain I think it's properly gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Post
    Awesome, someone found my phone and gave it to the staff at the Adventure Park who then let me know.
    No water or physical damage, booted up just fine after a few hours charging.

Will still replace it this year though, the small battery on the 1+X is getting annoying.

11. Post
    Anyone know when the Galaxy Buds are going to be available for purchase at more stores?

I'm not paying $299 for them from Noel Leeming when they're $129.95USD.

12. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Anyone know when the Galaxy Buds are going to be available for purchase at more stores?

I'm not paying $299 for them from Noel Leeming when they're $129.95USD.
    Amazon? the "remote island tax" will probably be universal here

13. Post
    Does NZ get the the S10 with the Snapdragon or the much slower Exyno chipset?

14. Post
    brand wrote:
    Does NZ get the the S10 with the Snapdragon or the much slower Exyno chipset?
    Exyno. Snapdragon is USA/China only.

15. Post
    Got my AliExpress bits n bobs and attached to S10+
    Skin and bumper. Shot with S7e
    Name:  PSX_20190328_103815.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  470.2 KB

16. Post
    Pre-ordered the P30 today. Deal was way too good to pass up.

RRP $1100

2dg $400 discount on open term plan (already cancelled)

= $700 + free $350 Huawei watch + free $400 headphones.

Actual cost of phone.... -$50?

17. Post
    Just got a Oppo R15 Pro Cosmic Purple phone. $599 Needed a new phone since my Nexus 6P loves doing weird things. Decided not to go for the 900 to 1000 bucks range of phones from now on.

18. Post
    Therk wrote:
    Pre-ordered the P30 today. Deal was way too good to pass up.

RRP $1100

2dg $400 discount on open term plan (already cancelled)

= $700 + free $350 Huawei watch + free $400 headphones.

Actual cost of phone.... -$50?
    have a link for this or more details please ?

19. Post
    robrc12 wrote:
    have a link for this or more details please ?
    Check out the tech deals thread. You'll find everything you need to know in there

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

20. Post
    My new Oneplus 6 from Supero arrived yesterday - omfg what a step up in terms of speed/power.

I see why now the Snapdragon and Adreno are much better than the Exynos crap NZ gets

21. Post
    1) Samsung Galaxy S10e
    2) Excellent size (great for one handed use), flagship features, really good screen-to-body ratio
    3) 2-3 years

22. Post
    Blitz^ wrote:
    My new Oneplus 6 from Supero arrived yesterday - omfg what a step up in terms of speed/power.

I see why now the Snapdragon and Adreno are much better than the Exynos crap NZ gets
    Yup, Just dropped some Android Pie on my Old OnePlus One, running smooth as butter and battery lifes still pretty good despite it being down 1/3 over the years

23. Post
    Does anyone have a Oneplus or similar and is running a Custom OS like Havoc?

How easy was it to install?
    Do you enjoy using it?

24. Post
    After a while using my Oppo R15 Pro damn it's good. The OS doesn't seem to have a crap load of bloatware. It also has a really nice screen The fingerprint sensor is a bit off at times, only bad thing about it. It also has a really insanely fast charge when charging via the AC adapter. For some reason my beats by dre headphones don't cut out heaps like they used to on the Nexus 6P.

25. Post
    Blitz^ wrote:
    Does anyone have a Oneplus or similar and is running a Custom OS like Havoc?

How easy was it to install?
    Do you enjoy using it?
    Running Tugapower 15 on OnePlus One and Havoc OS 2.4 (13/04) on Redmi Note 3

Was pretty easy to do once you got the bootloaders unlocked. Though may need to flash different build is you find something not working well.

Havoc OS is pretty slimline and highly customiseable.
    Though i did lose fast charge ability on the Redmi, not sure if the fuse blew or the software/kernel itself.