1. Post
    Anyone going for the Pocophone?

2. Post
    Been looking at it, but you can get the Mi8 128GB model for a similar price from what I've seen thus far, and the camera on that has OIS, but not EIS - Pocophone has nothing.

Some reviewers said the Mi8 also takes better photos than the Oneplus 6 - which was another phone I was looking at. The Oneplus 6 takes better video though and has EIS

In saying that, the Pocophone still takes good photos from what I've seen.

3. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Been looking at it, but you can get the Mi8 128GB model for a similar price from what I've seen thus far, and the camera on that has OIS, but not EIS - Pocophone has nothing.

Some reviewers said the Mi8 also takes better photos than the Oneplus 6 - which was another phone I was looking at. The Oneplus 6 takes better video though and has EIS

In saying that, the Pocophone still takes good photos from what I've seen.
    Saw a video comparison and yeah, it does take pretty dam good photos. EIS for poco can be done with Google cam if I'm not mistaken.

4. Post
    This comparison of its camera against the A2 and the Oneplus 6 is interesting. It shows you what difference the extra money over an A2 gets you:

5. Post
    I hope to now be free of the tyranny of shitty battery life, having bought an Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M1). https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-Max-Pro-M1/

Was a bit uninmpressed however that despite being touted as being a 'Pure Android experience' I had to figure out how to get ADB to work to purge bloody facebook off it.

6. Post
    yuRiko wrote:
    Anyone going for the Pocophone?
    Just watching mkbhd vid on it now.

The flagship killer killer? Gunning for that OnePlus spot.

7. Post
    The OnePlus has a better build quality and camera, though they probably need to revise the price of their next phone back downwards to counter this new threat.

Whilst it is the cheapest Snapdragon 845 phone, the Mi8 is the best bang for buck flagship at the moment (IMO) , and it can be had for not that much more than the F1 - I have one arriving this week.

8. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Just watching mkbhd vid on it now.

The flagship killer killer? Gunning for that OnePlus spot.
    at just over $500 , the price is not going to be a problem.

9. Post
    Oneplus 6 dropped in price already, I guess anticipation for the 6T.

https://pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=4758381