Results 601 to 617 of 617

  1. Post

    Android owners thread - [No Trolls]

    KevinL wrote:
    Yeah I'd be RMAing that - will almost certainly get worse. Vodafone AU gave me a Mate 9 in exchange, which I guess is reasonable (gonna flog it on ebay as I've already replaced it with a Mi Mix 2).
    I'm personally done with Chinese phones now.

    OnePlus One (had infamous touch screen issue and then dead mic) and now this. And the charger of my Nexus 6P had to be replaced before.
    Last edited by N04h; 14th January 2018 at 8:48 am.

  2. Post
    N04h wrote:
    I'm personally done with Chinese phones now.
    last time I checked my iPhone X is also Chinese, no issues there (point being lots of phones are made in China)

  3. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    last time I checked my iPhone X is also Chinese, no issues there
    Yeah but not designed in the People’s Republic


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  4. Post
    N04h wrote:
    I'm personally done with Chinese phones now.

    OnePlus One (had infamous touch screen issue and then dead mic) and now this. And the charger of my Nexus 6P had to be replaced before.
    It's what you get when you use dirt cheap components in your devices. One thing people seem to overlook. They simply see the same screen and processor as a $1200 phone and think they're getting an amazing saving.

  5. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    It's what you get when you use dirt cheap components in your devices. One thing people seem to overlook. They simply see the same screen and processor as a $1200 phone and think they're getting an amazing saving.
    OnePlus One was a cheap phone. Nexus 6P was not.

  6. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    It's what you get when you use dirt cheap components in your devices. One thing people seem to overlook. They simply see the same screen and processor as a $1200 phone and think they're getting an amazing saving.
    Have you checked out the Mi Mix 2 though? The build quality is insane.

    #xiaomiforlife

    ...but yeah, you get what you pay for, but even if you consider the drawbacks the value proposition is still way better on the cheaper devices IMO. Yes the camera is better on a GS8 or Pixel 2 XL, but I don't know that it's 2-3x the price better eh?

  7. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Have you checked out the Mi Mix 2 though? The build quality is insane.
    Sure on the outside... but no doubt they're using the cheapest nastiest internal components (in terms of capacitors etc) they can find.

  8. Post
    1) One+ 3
    2) Was given free to me from my sister as Dad bought her a One+ 3Plus... It's free and Formally using a Galaxy S5, everything is a upgrade(except removable Battery and microSD)
    3) till it's broken

  9. Post
    remanystics wrote:
    Standard shipping or DHL? Would be interested to know if you get hit by customs. Planning to get one also from Ali. Which seller did you purchase your one from?
    Went with DHL to make sure I got tracking. Looks like it is getting delivered today :-) no Customs charges.
    Seller was Fantacy Technology. $720 for phone + $20 for DHL shipping, couldn't be bothered with YouShop so I'm happy.

  10. Post
    N04h wrote:
    OnePlus One was a cheap phone. Nexus 6P was not.
    They have super shitty batteries in the 6P, a mate just got his battery replaced after a year and a bit, brought from PBTech, so you should be fine.
    He'll probably flick it thou, he just got a Mate 10, I was impressed with it, they are a nice phone. Android 8, 1440p screen and a 4000mah battery, wasn't too sure about the cpu thou Kirin 10. $799 boxing day special @ Noels.

  11. Post
    The Klein's do well. Can hold their own against top of the line Snappy and Exynos chips. I think the Mate 10 is a great phone especially if you can get one on special. Noel lemming had them for $867 at the start of the year. Was tempted but my Note 8 still has the unbeatable advantage of the s pen.

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  12. Post
    hackdrag0n wrote:
    The Klein's do well. Can hold their own against top of the line Snappy and Exynos chips. I think the Mate 10 is a great phone especially if you can get one on special. Noel lemming had them for $867 at the start of the year. Was tempted but my Note 8 still has the unbeatable advantage of the s pen.

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    I liked that it still had a home button but that was it, no other buttons, you had to use gestures with it to go back and bring up previous apps which was a bit clunky but I suppose you would get use to it over time.

    Had a good play with my 5T last night, loving the whole 18:9 screen and Oxygen OS is pretty tidy just need to wait for 8.1. The face unlock is pretty leet, you don't even think it is doing anything until you ask someone else to try open your phone.

  13. Post
    My work phone got upgraded from an A3 to a S7 so it's now time to retire my personal S6E. The S6E is still a great phone, I would've used it for another year easily.

  14. Post
    Just smashed my screen on OnePlus 3. Any recommendations for screen replacement near north shore , Auckland?

  15. Post
    dude2099 wrote:
    I liked that it still had a home button but that was it, no other buttons, you had to use gestures with it to go back and bring up previous apps which was a bit clunky but I suppose you would get use to it over time.

    Had a good play with my 5T last night, loving the whole 18:9 screen and Oxygen OS is pretty tidy just need to wait for 8.1. The face unlock is pretty leet, you don't even think it is doing anything until you ask someone else to try open your phone.
    Are you running 4.7.6 OxygenOS atm? Been reading some mixed reviews about the camera. Some people get the oil painting effect look? How is your one going?

  16. Post
    Yeah its pretty annoying and still not fixed on the latest beta builds for Oxygen OS. I'm not too fussed don't use the camera all that much, other than the camera it's a great phone and well worth it for $700 ish. If you are paying the full price I'd rather go for the S8+.

  17. Post
    Turns out my replacement Nexus 6P has the exact same battery issue... What a joke...